OneBeing

Teach Me How To Tie A Dumalla

OneBeing    34

I keep trying to tie one, but I can't.

Can someone give me a step by step tutorial or something cuz most of the tutorials on youtube are not good enough.

I've got a small head, so what length of material do i need etc.

I want something that i can tie everyday and will be suitable for wearing in school.

Oh and apparently you gotta tie dumallas to be a "true sikh". 😑😐😯

Edited by OneBeing
Cuz i just can m8...
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, OneBeing said:

Can someone give me a step by step tutorial or something cuz most of the tutorials on youtube are not good enough.

I want something that i can tie everyday and will be suitable for wearing in school.

Do you want to tie a gol dumala or the other kind ?

Edited by TaksalDaSingh9771
  • Like 1

kangw    53

How nice to hear that! I wear a round one myself. I agree, the youtube videos never show you how to get it neat and tidy from the back.

Edited by kangw
  • Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2

Do you want a step-by-step tutorial? Also are you trying to learn Gol Dastar or dumalla?

Who told you that?

monatosingh    98

There are many people I see with different styles (like patiala shahe) and they are amritdhari's.

Let me define what a true sikh is: Someone who has given their head to their guru and follow FULL (and I mean FULL) maryada. Such as eating only from sarbloh plates, etc.

But a true sikh can be even further than that!

Did you know most Guru's wore mughal style turbans?

Edited by monatosingh
  • Like 1

monatosingh    98

As for tying a dumalla, what I do is get the smaller material of all my materials and make a knot at the end. I then grip it to the back of my head and wrap my hair in it. I don't twist it, I just casually tie it around. From there I cover whatever is sticking out from the knot with a whole lahr. 

For the dumalla itself, it can be anything. A dumalla isn't necessarily a 2 foot stick inside. I suggest to tie it like how singni's tend to tie it. It's more easier and I tie it when I am in a hurry.

• Like 1

OneBeing    34
54 minutes ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Do you want to tie a gol dumala or the other kind ?

I want to tie one like Jagraj Singh from Basics Of Sikhi maybe

• Like 1

OneBeing    34
58 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Do you want a step-by-step tutorial? Also are you trying to learn Gol Dastar or dumalla?

Who told you that?

I saw a video a while back of some nihang singh saying that we are suppose to wear dumallas because "guru sahib blessed us with it" and we should be "ashamed of ourselves" for wearing the triangle ones.

Is that true?

Edited by OneBeing

SinghOne    5
On 10/08/2017 at 9:34 AM, OneBeing said:

Oh and apparently you gotta tie dumallas to be a "true sikh"

Edited by SinghOne

jkvlondon    3,510

bro ,

dumalla  is two turbans , the form is not important as many gursikh have worn patiala style on top of gol inner ones such as Bhai jeevan singh ji and he definitely was a true Gursikh

OneBeing    34
7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

bro ,

dumalla  is two turbans , the form is not important as many gursikh have worn patiala style on top of gol inner ones such as Bhai jeevan singh ji and he definitely was a true Gursikh

Ok, but i want to wear one that no one can take off my head. If some guy tries to slap it off, it wont work.

Destruction    155
1 hour ago, OneBeing said:

Ok, but i want to wear one that no one can take off my head. If some guy tries to slap it off, it wont work.

This is a bad idea...reason being if you have ever been In  a real fight you will know your enemy will pull your pagh and your kesh and use it to your disadvantage.  You should tie your dumalla in such a way that if any scum bag hanks or grapples you , your dastaar will come off and they can't drag you...and no your kesh will stay intact in your head without coming undone. Didn't some sings die many years back because their dastaara wrapped around their arms in the water? Something to think about.

OneBeing    34
1 hour ago, Destruction said:

This is a bad idea...reason being if you have ever been In  a real fight you will know your enemy will pull your pagh and your kesh and use it to your disadvantage.  You should tie your dumalla in such a way that if any scum bag hanks or grapples you , your dastaar will come off and they can't drag you...and no your kesh will stay intact in your head without coming undone. Didn't some sings die many years back because their dastaara wrapped around their arms in the water? Something to think about.

So basically, tie a small loose one? 

monatosingh    98

Also, if your two turbans (keski and main) are the same color make sure you don't mix them by using the main as the keski and the keski as the main. Hate when it happens :(

• Like 1

Destruction    155
3 hours ago, OneBeing said:

So basically, tie a small loose one? 

The way i do it i wrap up my jura then tie a ghol dastaar, if my dastaar does come off my jura is wrapped super tight so it won't come undone. In your case wrap your Jura do ur bunga and tie your dumalla so incase it can come off it won't drag you with it. Hope I make sense Khalsa Ji?

• Like 1