Delhi Girls:Take On Sardar

singh598

19 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

These kind of opinions are formed from a slow exposure of anti-Sikh propaganda.  

To make any Bollywood movies depicting a Sardar they must fall into 1 of 3 boxes. 

1. Make the Sardar into a loud comical  clown that loves to drink alcohol, eat chicken and dance at the sound of dhol beat.  He has to wear comical shiny turban and support a comical beard and be of very low intellect.

2. The Sardar has to be a ultra aggressive hero who is always ready to fight in unbelievable scenarios.  This is usually in war film where his national pride is above his faith.

3. The Sardar is a naive terrorist misled by Pakistan and usually supports a full beard with orange gol dastaar.  Usually any movies depicting 1984.

All of these categories are designed either to make a Sikh to have extremely low self esteem and cut his hair and fade away into the masses or to channel his natural Sikh instincts of being a warrior to fight for Indian national pride and become ultra patriotic.

As you can see none of the above promote a Sikh in India to promote his own distinct identity or rich history.  This is why any Bollywood movies depicting Sikh History or Sikhs in a true light are never passed by the Indian sensor board or received positively. (Note the movie Black Prince was not promoted by any major Punjabi celebrity or Punjabi singers in India).

The same goes for Punjabi music as all the big producers are Hindus in India.  The young Sikh singers and song writers are forced into making material which promote drugs, gang culture and promiscuous behaviour.  This is because the Punjabi music industry is the only music Industry in India where the Singer has to record and finance his own material and present it to a producer only to be told yes or no if the producer will promote the tape.  They are at the mercy of the producer who usually has other motives to once again demoralise the Sikhs.

The media I think we are all aware of only show Sikhs as Terrorists.

So in short to be a Sikh in India you either have to be a 'Clown', 'Indian Patriot', or a 'Terroist'.There is no other opinion of Sikhs that can exist in India. 

not entirely true. I know many indians who look up to sikhs. 

Also there're movies showing sikhs as successful people . Look "Rocket singh - salesman of the year". 

But I do understand your sentiment. 

37 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

not entirely true. I know many indians who look up to sikhs. 

Also there're movies showing sikhs as successful people . Look "Rocket singh - salesman of the year". 

But I do understand your sentiment. 

You missed my point completely.  The point was not about a handful individual Indians who are well informed or have the capability to forge their own opinions about Sikhs from their own independent research.  My point is that the people in power in India have an agenda to defame Sikhs and feed their false narrative to the majority.  You could see in the video that there was one guy who was well informed about Sikhs but all the others had been drip fed a negative viewpoint of Sikhs.  

The same tactics have been seen in Pakistan with their attitude towards Pathans and Bangladeshis and the tactic has been seen in England against the Irish.  

Also I have seen 'Rocket Singh' and the character falls in line with the ideal secular Indian Sikh that is acceptable to the Indian state.  The main character in the movie could have been any Ramu, John or Abdul but he was portrayed as a turbaned Indian who trims his beard, womanises and drinks alcohol.  Hardly a positive Sikh but more a reality of majority Punjabis who identify themselves as Sikhs.

2 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

You missed my point completely.  The point was not about a handful individual Indians who are well informed or have the capability to forge their own opinions about Sikhs from their own independent research.  My point is that the people in power in India have an agenda to defame Sikhs and feed their false narrative to the majority.  You could see in the video that there was one guy who was well informed about Sikhs but all the others had been drip fed a negative viewpoint of Sikhs.  

The same tactics have been seen in Pakistan with their attitude towards Pathans and Bangladeshis and the tactic has been seen in England against the Irish.  

Also I have seen 'Rocket Singh' and the character falls in line with the ideal secular Indian Sikh that is acceptable to the Indian state.  The main character in the movie could have been any Ramu, John or Abdul but he was portrayed as a turbaned Indian who trims his beard, womanises and drinks alcohol.  Hardly a positive Sikh but more a reality of majority Punjabis who identify themselves as Sikhs.

your last line answers it all. We carry the emblem of our faith on our heads at all times in public. 

There's a reason why one of the takhats is Kesgarh . Our hair (and by extension, our turban) is the fort of our guru, his emblem. 

So its entirely our responsibility to carry its positive image in this world. 

Why can't we ourselves make our movies ? like how our ppl made Chaar sahibzaade etc ?

Why most fashion icons are men who either shave or trim and keep a dude hairstyle ? like why not a turbaned guy sporting full beard ? make it common in clothe ads on billboards , etc . 

But even in punjab, clean shaven dude is the icon of "male" , in movie industry. 

1 hour ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

your last line answers it all. We carry the emblem of our faith on our heads at all times in public. 

There's a reason why one of the takhats is Kesgarh . Our hair (and by extension, our turban) is the fort of our guru, his emblem. 

So its entirely our responsibility to carry its positive image in this world. 

Why can't we ourselves make our movies ? like how our ppl made Chaar sahibzaade etc ?

Why most fashion icons are men who either shave or trim and keep a dude hairstyle ? like why not a turbaned guy sporting full beard ? make it common in clothe ads on billboards , etc . 

But even in punjab, clean shaven dude is the icon of "male" , in movie industry. 

To understand the reasons for your frustration you must understand that there is no platform in India which allows for a full Gursikh to make moves in modelling or the movie industry.  The bigwigs simply do no want to see Sikhs in any positive light.  Harry Baweja was discouraged at every step from making the Chaar Sahibzade movie by all the producers he pitched his project to.  He eventually ended up with Ponty Chadda who agreed to finance the movie out of his respect for the Sikh faith.  Even the likes of the late Jagjit Singh (Gazal Singer) was mocked for supporting the Turban and full Beard when he first arrived at the doors of the producers in Bombay.  I mean this guy was just voice and they still couldn't tolerate his appearance.

There are powers who work tirelessly to discredit and demoralise Sikhs but I do understand that the Sikhs in Punjab do have to answer for their own actions.  But this all goes back to the silent assault on the Sikh which leaves him with a extremely low self esteem.

24 minutes ago, OnieFaltoo said:

Don't worry, they are the same all over the world. In fact, the ones you encounter in the States, Canada, Europe and the UK are worse than the ones living in India. Every time I read your posts, I always notice one thing, and that is that you write your posts exceptionally well. They are written with great care and insight; at least, I don't have to struggle to understand you. You have a superlative command of the English language and your posts are a joy to read. Your knowledge of the language is truly splendid. Where did you learn to write like this from, considering you are from India? Why I say this is because my mother tongue is not English either. I would love to write like you.  Did you attend a top class fee paying school out  there? Anyway, I was just going to say that sardars living in India still hold on to their values and culture to a large extent but then I might be wrong.

Are you being sarcastic with your praises or serious ? :p 

anyways , Yes I am from india , but since very early childhood I have been reading . And people around me encouraged that. 

But I am really bad in manly sports. I am also a homosexual (not that it is relevant to the post at hand, but I feel its still somehow related, as gay men are usually said to have a good command over the language , but poor in sports and financial skills as I am . With straight men it tends to be inverted . Poor language but good in sports and finance) . I guess I am just wired that way. 

PS : my english ain't that good, if you asked me :) 

57 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

To understand the reasons for your frustration you must understand that there is no platform in India which allows for a full Gursikh to make moves in modelling or the movie industry.  The bigwigs simply do no want to see Sikhs in any positive light.  Harry Baweja was discouraged at every step from making the Chaar Sahibzade movie by all the producers he pitched his project to.  He eventually ended up with Ponty Chadda who agreed to finance the movie out of his respect for the Sikh faith.  Even the likes of the late Jagjit Singh (Gazal Singer) was mocked for supporting the Turban and full Beard when he first arrived at the doors of the producers in Bombay.  I mean this guy was just voice and they still couldn't tolerate his appearance.

There are powers who work tirelessly to discredit and demoralise Sikhs but I do understand that the Sikhs in Punjab do have to answer for their own actions.  But this all goes back to the silent assault on the Sikh which leaves him with a extremely low self esteem.

I understand what you're saying bro , but the Chaar sahibzaade movie news is a revelation to me.

Even Randeep Hooda's "Battle of Saragarhi" is kept on shelf it seems. Ajay Devgan was saying of making same movie but now he's making a movie on maratha warrior . 

Bollywood since day one is not very happy of sikh image. I wonder why. I feel its also due to links of Rajiv gandhi in film industry.

Although his own son rahul gandhi is a national joke today. Why else do you think bollywood hates us ? 

They made movies like "singh is king" but not exactly promoting a healthy sikh image

1 minute ago, OnieFaltoo said:

Were you never inclined towards playing any sport ever in your life then?

Nope . I was never interested in cricket or football atleast. They not only seemed boring but dangerous also. Flying balls are dangerous . I was more inclined towards golf , billiards and archery . I still am in the process of making arrows ;)