Delhi Girls:Take On Sardar

singh598

8 hours ago, Punjabiwolves said:

These girls have got most of there opinion and views from Bollywood  which sadly constantly  makes funs of Sardar's . instead  of  making fun of 12 clock joke they should do research and find out the true meaning of 12 clock  which was strategic move to attack Nadir Shah's invasion of India.They can do this online  but they chose to life in ignorance.

As for stereotyping again Bollywood/Indian media has it wrong, Sardar's/Sikhs are not all about Bhangra, shouting balle balle and mostly uneducated , in  todays world they are very successful business people, well educated and very charitable, Dehli Gudrawara's feed about   700,00 homeless people per day. 

in Todays world people should be openminded and doe research and not just judge a faith or there people based  once sconce outlet.  

Totally agree with your statement.

However I think that many people of Sikh background also make very lazy assumptions about people of other religions,  communities and would express  equally ignorant statements about others if they were asked similar questions? 

What you think? 

11 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

If you really think Sikhs in Indian media is respected as much as Muslims in Western media, you are highly mistaken. The only real media in the entire west that actually remotely mentions anything that could be Anti-Muslim is probably Fox News, while in India, all groups on media will openly call Sikhs insulting terms, whenever they stand-up for their faith. In 1978 when the 13 Sikhs were Shaheed on Vaisakhi, they, (media), openly downright blamed the Sikhs for Gurbachana's actions.

This is just nonsensical on so many levels 

On 07/08/2017 at 4:17 AM, singh598 said:

These kind of opinions are formed from a slow exposure of anti-Sikh propaganda.  

To make any Bollywood movies depicting a Sardar they must fall into 1 of 3 boxes. 

1. Make the Sardar into a loud comical  clown that loves to drink alcohol, eat chicken and dance at the sound of dhol beat.  He has to wear comical shiny turban and support a comical beard and be of very low intellect.

2. The Sardar has to be a ultra aggressive hero who is always ready to fight in unbelievable scenarios.  This is usually in war film where his national pride is above his faith.

3. The Sardar is a naive terrorist misled by Pakistan and usually supports a full beard with orange gol dastaar.  Usually any movies depicting 1984.

All of these categories are designed either to make a Sikh to have extremely low self esteem and cut his hair and fade away into the masses or to channel his natural Sikh instincts of being a warrior to fight for Indian national pride and become ultra patriotic.

As you can see none of the above promote a Sikh in India to promote his own distinct identity or rich history.  This is why any Bollywood movies depicting Sikh History or Sikhs in a true light are never passed by the Indian sensor board or received positively. (Note the movie Black Prince was not promoted by any major Punjabi celebrity or Punjabi singers in India).

The same goes for Punjabi music as all the big producers are Hindus in India.  The young Sikh singers and song writers are forced into making material which promote drugs, gang culture and promiscuous behaviour.  This is because the Punjabi music industry is the only music Industry in India where the Singer has to record and finance his own material and present it to a producer only to be told yes or no if the producer will promote the tape.  They are at the mercy of the producer who usually has other motives to once again demoralise the Sikhs.

The media I think we are all aware of only show Sikhs as Terrorists.

So in short to be a Sikh in India you either have to be a 'Clown', 'Indian Patriot', or a 'Terroist'.There is no other opinion of Sikhs that can exist in India. 

17 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

This is a really interesting response.. In it you make a number of assumptions as well as illuminate your own prejudices.. 

1. they weren't walking around saying anything about sardars, they were stopped in the street and asked a number of questions about them.. They were approached by the interviewers. 

2. You seem to have 'implicitly'  made a assumption that the people in the video are Hindu.. Whilst there is no actual indication to suggest that they all were 

3. The language you use in response re: dancing round trees, disco dancers etc demonstrates how you view people of the Hindu religion.. Which in itself is very interesting. I'm guessing If we were to flip the question on its head and you were asked what you thought about Hindu people that would be your response.. 

1. they were walking around with these concepts in their heads to give out to whoever they chose to talk to ...

2.Given that india is 80 % Hindu affiliated religions the most likely faith is hindu . 

3. I was responding to the obvious use of bollywood cliches to describe sikhs and mirroring to be ironic

my response would be depends on where they are from and what they believe I mean India is numerous cultures and languages in a huge geographical location I wouldn't be quoting bollywood anywhere because they mix and match and shorthand everything. Hindus have varying beliefs on a spectrum to even non-belief in a deity, and from a single formless Creator to the sargun saroop of animals, geographical features and individuals. .

32 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

You can't blame them , when our folks are stupid af. 

Most of sardar men lack any sort of refinement.  

That's probably India you're talking about. Even there though there are educated and respectable Singhs, so it doesn't apply to all. 

48 minutes ago, simran345 said:

That's probably India you're talking about. Even there though there are educated and respectable Singhs, so it doesn't apply to all. 

funny how people here tend to see indians as lesser when in fact all of you're indians and have just as sh*tty attitude esp with respect to modernity, women and homosexuals as rest of indians .