Can a sikh girl marry a hindu boy ?

Guest paiyyani

Guest paiyyani

I am a sikh girl from punjab. My age is 25. I fallen in love with a hindu guy originally from UP but now settled in punjaab. He is really handsom and I love him a lot. But my family is sikh sardar. My boyfriends mother is saying the child will be raised as hindu and all hindu ceremonies will be performed on future son like mundan, ear peircing, janeu. I told my parents. Their parents met my parents and my parents are ok with it. my father and mother is amritdhari still they are allowing me to marry a hindu boy and future son will be hindu without turban. I am ok with it. But my local gurudwara granthi telling me its not good. and some aunties also telling same. I am confused . Please tell what I should do. 

My other 2 sikh friends have also married good looking hindu boys but I dont know if I am doing right thing although i like him. 

You won't be able to have an Anand Karaj as that requires two people who are commited only to Guru Granth Sahib Ji. 

I feel sorry for you that you think marrying someone you like is the highest point of this life.

You were born in a sikh family, that too amritdhari. Your children could have been sikh too, you could have led them to the house of Nanak.

That same home, that gave you, a woman, the same status as man, a weapon in your hand. The house where the caste system was abolished and you were thought of as a young prince (kaur). You are throwing away this royal lineage of your  children (Singh & Kaur) so that you and they can worship idols and complete rituals. If you feel okay with taking that future away from your children... well then no one can stop you. 

On 8/7/2017 at 4:08 AM, Guest paiyyani said:

I am a sikh girl from punjab. My age is 25. I fallen in love with a hindu guy originally from UP but now settled in punjaab. He is really handsom and I love him a lot. But my family is sikh sardar. My boyfriends mother is saying the child will be raised as hindu and all hindu ceremonies will be performed on future son like mundan, ear peircing, janeu. I told my parents. Their parents met my parents and my parents are ok with it. my father and mother is amritdhari still they are allowing me to marry a hindu boy and future son will be hindu without turban. I am ok with it. But my local gurudwara granthi telling me its not good. and some aunties also telling same. I am confused . Please tell what I should do. 

My other 2 sikh friends have also married good looking hindu boys but I dont know if I am doing right thing although i like him. 

These posts always crack me up. You will probably do whatever you want to and are only asking this question so you can acquire some sort of moral ratification for your intent. Is this how weak our women have grown now? They will throw away their virsa for those people who were the foremost in opposing their forefathers from day one? 

Why doesn't your family agree to what the Gurdwara Granthi says ? 

Nobody here is going to say it's ok to do Anand Karaj in the Gurdwara, when the Granthi has already told you. 

At the end of the day, you are going to do what you want anyways, but don't let it disrespect Sikhi, as @followthelight  and @13Mirch pajis have explained it. 

On 06/08/2017 at 5:08 PM, Guest paiyyani said:

Please think through this very carefully. Marriage will change your life. You will be spending the rest of your life with this person so you need to think wisely! The criteria you have shown in your post about your future to be husband (handsomeness) is shallow to be blunt! You post reveals that your to be household has thought this marriage through already as your mother in law has laid down the rules already.

Take a dip into the rich heritage that you WILL BE LEAVING BEHIND when you enter your boyfriend's household. There was a time when every Hindu family would raise their first born son as a Sikh. 

Apologies if this post sounds harsh but the OP has asked for advice. Sometimes I am suspicious of these types of posts debating whether they are genuine! I've made the assumption that this one is. 

Guest Jacfsing2
On 8/6/2017 at 0:08 PM, Guest paiyyani said:

I highly doubt that you are mentally mature enough to be marrying anyone to be honest. (I don't care if you claim to be 25, you sound like a kid going to get some candy). But since apparently the only good quality you can mention of this man is his looks, would you still be "loving", him if he ever had an accident or if he ever grew old? Forgetting all the Sikh reasons for not marrying a Hindu, you just aren't mature enough to be marrying anyone.

Guest Jacfsing2
2 hours ago, ssinghuk said:

There was a time when every Hindu family would raise their first born son as a Sikh. 

Only Punjabi Ksychatrias did this.

Fact: The Guy who first claimed that all Hindus did this didn't make his first son a Sikh.