OneBeing

I'm Scared Of Dying! What Do I Do?

36 posts in this topic

when you're scared of living but afraid to die. I get scared of giving and I must find the faith to beat it.

On 5/8/2017 at 11:02 AM, OneBeing said:

So I'm scared of whats gonna happen to me after death.

Who knows, the Dharam Raja could decide to chuck me into a pot full of boiling hot oil for 100 million years or something 😢😢😢

And i dont wanna die cuz i dont wanna become a pig or something in my next life.  And i dont wanna have a caraplier life than i have right now 😢😢😢

What if i dont get to be a sikh and have to be born in a non gursikh family 😢😢😢😣

Im trying hard to do path, simran etc. But who knows what the Dharam raja is gonna do, its really harsh up there. I dont really care about mukhti or whatever, its not a goal lf mine cuz obviously its not gonna happen. 

OneBeing Jee,

today I was going through the Anmol Bani, where I came through the following passage, which I feel that it  can dispel your fears, for it is not a man made message, but rather directly from Guru Jee.

So pay attention carefully, and try to follow it implicitly, there is nothing to loose, but gain Him Himself through His kirpa.

Raag Bilaval, Third Patshahee Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj.

Here it goes:

ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਡਾਢਾ ਹੋਇ

Jis Dha Sahib Ddadta Hoe ||

One who belongs to the All-powerful Lord and Master

ਤਿਸ ਨੋ ਮਾਰਿ ਨ ਸਾਕੈ ਕੋਇ

This No Mar N Sakai Koe ||

No one can destroy him.

ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਰਹੈ ਸਰਣਾਈ

Sahib Kee Saevak Rehai Saranaee ||

The Lord's servant remains under His protection;

ਆਪੇ ਬਖਸੇ ਦੇ ਵਡਿਆਈ

Apae Bakhasae Dhae Vaddiaee ||

The Lord Himself forgives him, and blesses him with glorious greatness.

ਤਿਸ ਤੇ ਊਪਰਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋਇ

This Thae Oopar Nahee Koe ||

There is none higher than Him.

ਕਉਣੁ ਡਰੈ ਡਰੁ ਕਿਸ ਕਾ ਹੋਇ ॥੪॥

Koun Ddarai Ddar Kis Ka Hoe ||4||

Why should he be afraid? What should he ever fear? ||4||

ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਵਸੈ ਸਰੀਰ ॥

Guramathee Santh Vasai Sareer ||

Through the Guru's Teachings, peace and tranquility abide within the body.

The key here is to become a sewak of  Wahiguru Akal Purukh, by doing His selfless sewa, which is none other than His chintan, His Mahima, His ustatee, His simran.

The Bani says, that alone sewa is accepted in His court, that one, which pleases Him.

So which one  pleases Him and is the highest?

Again the Bani says: Sarab dharm meh sresht dharm Har ka Naam jap nirmal karma.

Sat Sree Akal.

1 person likes this

On 05/08/2017 at 5:02 PM, OneBeing said:

So I'm scared of whats gonna happen to me after death.

Who knows, the Dharam Raja could decide to chuck me into a pot full of boiling hot oil for 100 million years or something 😢😢😢

And i dont wanna die cuz i dont wanna become a pig or something in my next life.  And i dont wanna have a caraplier life than i have right now 😢😢😢

What if i dont get to be a sikh and have to be born in a non gursikh family 😢😢😢😣

Im trying hard to do path, simran etc. But who knows what the Dharam raja is gonna do, its really harsh up there. I dont really care about mukhti or whatever, its not a goal lf mine cuz obviously its not gonna happen. 

Good. Use it to your advantage. I wish I still had the same fear of death I used to have. Motivated me to do something with my life and progress in Sikhi. 

Be grateful you've been blessed with this. Many pass their lives without even thinking of Death..

1 person likes this

On 06/08/2017 at 10:35 AM, scali said:

GOD precedes everything just as it says in Sukhmani Sahib. Naam and Vaheguru is the only reality rest is an illusion, WE make it all up. All conclusions in an illusion is still an illusion. The are all subjective(opinions) mind based. Death is an integration birth is disintegration( body, mind and spirit). If you want to be judged upon death it will be created for you since that realm is thought reponsive manifesations are instantaneous. The idea is to gradually evolve us into self responsibility just as one big self (ONEness)  not to get you back which is a very human concept.

You are very selective when it comes to Gurbani.  Gurbani says God exist and so does Naam and so does heaven and hell.  Yet you refuse to accept the last two exist from Gurbani evidence.  Gurbani says heaven and hell exist.  Heaven and hell are temporary reality as long as creation exist.  Gurbani says from one the world came into existence and humans were placed in creation.  Suffering of heaven and hell are real as suffering from a lost loved one.  You have been watching some videos of hippies wearing white and all high on acid.  I recommend you read Gurbani with both eyes open the whole way throughout Sukhmani sahib.  You can't close them when you don't like what is being said.

2 people like this

It seem like you are the type who keeps getting reincarnated again and again as a fanatic Muslim, Christian, Hindu or Jew and make the same claim everytime that your path is right one. Maybe you have a need to judge or be judged so I guess may take the scenic hell route where entites can't wait to spit their venom back at you like you do on this fourm.

2 people like this

Taha bekunth jeh keertan tera.... whereever we do kirtan that is heaven. 

Raaj na chaho mukat na chaho.... i dont need power nor mukti.

84 lakh joons are birtiya of the mind. We people get these characteristics by animalistic actions. The only hell and heaven is what we experience presently. 

There is no dharamraja. Maharaj uses dharamraj as an example because it would help ppl understand. Like chittar gupt, are chittar gupt bigger than maharaj? Why would maharaj need dharamraj and chittar gupt when maharaj is sarab biapak and all knowing. Again and again gurbani uses examples. I can see disagreement here already. 

4 people like this

On 08/08/2017 at 10:46 AM, scali said:

It seem like you are the type who keeps getting reincarnated again and again as a fanatic Muslim, Christian, Hindu or Jew and make the same claim everytime that your path is right one. Maybe you have a need to judge or be judged so I guess may take the scenic hell route where entites can't wait to spit their venom back at you like you do on this fourm.

Staying with Sukhmani Sahib, close to the beginning Guru Sahib says:

pRB kY ismrin griB n bsY ]
pRBU dw ismrn krn nwl (jIv) jnm ivc nhIN AwauNdw,
Remembering God, one does not have to enter into the womb again.
I looked up prof. Sahib singhs punjabi interpretation and he wrote one does not come into a life(jeev) form by birth.  There is no metaphor or allegory here according to prof. Sahib singh.  And I agree.  Other punjabi interpretation agree as well.  

But let's ignore them and say for a second there is a metaphor in here.  Say the womb is being described as mother earth as in japji sahib.  Does this negate or as the brother above says make it an illusion.

Remembering God, one does not have to enter into mother earth again.

This has done the opposite.  It has reinforced atma(soul)  don't comes back on mother earth by remembering God.  If they don't remember God then souls come back through mother earth.  How do souls come back to earth by mother earth? This sounds ridiculous as I am writing it but missionaries will push this view on gullible sangat.  What does mother earth consist of? The 5 elements.  What is the mother who has a womb made of? The 5 elements.  So we are back to the original interpretation given by prof. Sahib singh.

But let's say I'm very hard headed, a brick wall bounces off my head like a rubber ball.  Lets say the womb in the line is a manmat state of mind.  

Remembering God, one does not come into a manmat state of mind again.

In the above I have completely eliminate the meaning behind womb and completely eliminated the word womb out in the line? I have completely changed what was written in Gurbani. Can I do this? No because Guru Sahib is delivering a message of how not to enter the womb again by remembering God. I cannot change Gurbani to get rid of concepts I don't like. Neither is a manmat state of mind like the womb.  In the womb Vaheguru protects you even though the fire(maya) is also in the womb.  In a manmat state of mind their is no protection.  A person is engrossed by body and mind into manmat.    Therefore manmat state cannot be replaced by womb.  Only way the above interpretation can be accepted is if a person accepts the real meaning(Prof. Sahib singhs interpretation) along with this one.  This would be acceptable because Gurbani in other shabads says a person can escape manmat by remembering God.  The below is a correct interpretation:

Remembering God, one does not come into a life(jeev) form by birth.

This is correct because it captures the function of what the womb does and represents. Prof. Sahib singhs has interpreted the line perfectly.  It captures the message Guru Sahib is providing the reader and listener with.  

1 person likes this

On 05/08/2017 at 5:53 PM, monatosingh said:

Have you done anything wrong?

No matter how much sins you have commited or what your sins are, the Guru's forgiveness will always be greater.

That is true, but it'll take lifetimes for a great sinners sins to be washed away and fogiven.

7 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

That is true, but it'll take lifetimes for a great sinners sins to be washed away and forgiven.

Sorry to contradict you OneBeing, but brother Monatosingh is quite right above.

Just as it does not matter  if you have one bundle of dry grass or a room filled with it, in any case, just one spark is enough to burn any amount of dry grass. In a similar way Wahihguru´s kirpa is enough to wash all one´s sins.

If He wants, He can clean each and every soul from all thier dirt, just with His one wish, in a second so to say.

Let´s go the other way, and still one will reach the same conclusion. If it could take Him several lifetimes to wash one´s sins, then what guarantee is there that we will not engage anymore in "karam", for human beings are weak by nature....

Brother do not compare Him to any other being, be it man, devtay , gods, or godesses, He is all powerful, and His power is none other, than His bakshish and  His pyaar.

When a dirty cloth is given to a washerman, he will wash it clean at once, rather than saying, I wil wash it a bit everyday.

So is Sachay Patshah, submit yourself to His Hukum, and He will wash you that much, and make you so pure pavter,that you will not be born anymore, moreover, He will merge you in Him.

Such is His beant wadeayee.

Any doubt still left OneBeing, regarding His power? Or about His omnisciense?

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

11 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Sorry to contradict you OneBeing, but brother Monatosingh is quite right above.

Just as it does not matter  if you have one bundle of dry grass or a room filled with it, in any case, just one spark is enough to burn any amount of dry grass. In a similar way Wahihguru´s kirpa is enough to wash all one´s sins.

If He wants, He can clean each and every soul from all thier dirt, just with His one wish, in a second so to say.

Let´s go the other way, and still one will reach the same conclusion. If it could take Him several lifetimes to wash one´s sins, then what guarantee is there that we will not engage anymore in "karam", for human beings are weak by nature....

Brother do not compare Him to any other being, be it man, devtay , gods, or godesses, He is all powerful, and His power is none other, than His bakshish and  His pyaar.

When a dirty cloth is given to a washerman, he will wash it clean at once, rather than saying, I wil wash it a bit everyday.

So is Sachay Patshah, submit yourself to His Hukum, and He will wash you that much, and make you so pure pavter,that you will not be born anymore, moreover, He will merge you in Him.

Such is His beant wadeayee.

Any doubt still left OneBeing, regarding His power? Or about His omnisciense?

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

No, i wasnt saying that god/guru hasnt got the power to do that. I meant something else. I dunno how to explain what i mean though 

Edited by OneBeing
Cuz