8 hours ago, OneBeing said:

So I'm scared of whats gonna happen to me after death.

Who knows, the Dharam Raja could decide to chuck me into a pot full of boiling hot oil for 100 million years or something ???

And i dont wanna die cuz i dont wanna become a pig or something in my next life.  And i dont wanna have a caraplier life than i have right now ???

What if i dont get to be a sikh and have to be born in a non gursikh family ????

Im trying hard to do path, simran etc. But who knows what the Dharam raja is gonna do, its really harsh up there. I dont really care about mukhti or whatever, its not a goal lf mine cuz obviously its not gonna happen. 

The only hell and heaven is what we experience whilst living. 

Dharam raja up there? There is no man sitting up in the sky anywhere. It is an example. Dharamraja is not going to make you walk through fire or beat you with a stick. 

We experience hell through our actions and we experience mukti through our actions, all in this life. 

When we do something bad we feel guilt and that feeling eats away at us and we are constantly worried of the outcome. It may make us sleepless and that is living in hell. Same with good deeds and abhiyaas. You feel feel mukat. 

Sikhi is about the present. Why worry why fear when everything that happens is in maharajs hukam. If maharaj makes us a pig then that is maharajs choice. Jeh jeh rakheh aap teh jaey kharovna. Maharaj says whereever you keep me, i am happy. 

Use the present to bring good future. But do not worry about the past or future. Chetna hei toa chet le nis din meh prani. 

Save the time you now currently have.

Maharaj will take care of everything. Cheer up and just appreciate what maharaj has given you at this moment in time. Do not worry about losing it because maharaj gave us this life and when the time comes they will take it back. :)

I am learning also and have a long way to go. 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Practice nitnem ji everyday, and add sri sukhmani sahib ji to your nitnem ji. All gurbani ji is good, but adding sri sukhmani sahib ji to nitnem ji daily will change the person's character and they will automatically not be inclined do paapi things.. It gives descriptions of many deeds & consequences. Do this without any questions if you sincerely want help, and you will thank sri guru sahib ji later. & also, slandering anyone if they are a saint or not is not positive. If someone is bad, we may know they are bad, but what is the point to continuously keep wasting time on slandering them (especially since, when some are spending their final days, they wish they may have had more time to do paath, but instead they wasted their time in the past with slander which in turn causes dukh).. &  thinking about sri vaheguru sahib ji is way more fruitful, rather than remembering someone's mistakes. Before you do paath, always forgive. & do seva at gurdwara jis daily while reciting jaap. Also think about others in your life when you interact with them.. Are you adding positivity to their life? Or are you influencing any of the 5 dukhs upon them? Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

OneBeing Jee,

according to the title of your thread, following are the soothing and lovely words of Fifth Patshahee Dhan Dhan Satguru Arjun Dev Maharaj, which answers it, and can dispell  that your fear about death, only if you have that pooran sharda by taking refuge in them:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਦੂਖੁ ਜਮੁ ਨਸੈ ॥
प्रभ कै सिमरनि दूखु जमु नसै ॥
prabh kai simaran dhookh jam nasai |
Remembering God, the pain of death is dispelled.

Moreover, not only the fear is removed by His chintan, but as Guru Jee assures in the following verse, the very cycle of births and deaths, is cut off  for once and ever.
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਕਾਲੁ ਪਰਹਰੈ ॥
प्रभ कै सिमरनि कालु परहरै ॥
prabh kai simaran kaal pareharai |
Remembering God, death is eliminated.

Such is His apaar beant wadeeayee.

Sat Sree Akal.

9 hours ago, scali said:

First of all death is an illusion. Energy doesn't die. We are eternal beings. Just changing forms. For those familiar with NDE (near death experience) studies it's clear there is no judgement but a life review where one experiences the effect of their actions as the other person. Strange enough none of the documented western cases see Dharamraj. Makes me wonder does ones belief has something to do with it as ones belief creates ones reality even after so called death(illusion)

Your explanation contradicts Gurbani...obviously non of us are experts in what happens afterlife bit I know Satguru Granth Sahib is and Gurbani has given many teachings on the afterlife

10 hours ago, scali said:

First of all death is an illusion. Energy doesn't die. We are eternal beings. Just changing forms. For those familiar with NDE (near death experience) studies it's clear there is no judgement but a life review where one experiences the effect of their actions as the other person. Strange enough none of the documented western cases see Dharamraj. Makes me wonder does ones belief has something to do with it as ones belief creates ones reality even after so called death(illusion)

If your view is true, apply it to Vaheguru.  Western cases did not obtain Naam as Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji in Bachittar Natak says.  So is Naam and Vaheguru only a belief created by Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji reality?  Your theory's core is polluted.

8 hours ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

@ OneBeing Please watch these short videos, they might be of some help.

Gurbani holds the truth.  When we have the true Guru in front of us, only a fool would go searching else where for answers.  You try to give off the impression of being a grounded individual but you have not even understood the basic concept of Gurparsad in Mool Mantar.  You want to stick your head in dirty holes, by all means go right ahead.  But Sikhs of the Guru go directly to their Guru.  You posted a video of Anand Sahib.  You are only attached to the musical instruments and the voice singing.  You have not listened to the shabad.  The Shabad Guru in Anand Sahib says, come Sikhs of the Guru and sing this Bani with me (with the Guru).  Others may say God is this, God is that but they are all false.  In the Sikh community the devil doesn't have horns and sharp teeth and nails.  Instead the devil wears white robes and white turbans as they worship stone idols and hold their yoga postures.  

11 hours ago, scali said:

yes "near death" there has been records in the west of a Judge (or some other sort of figure) aiding in bringing people back to earth.

All I am saying is there is only one in many forms. And a one thing will not judge itself. It's free will given to itself by itself to create any experience which is the true definition of unconditional love.  What the point of creation and then judge, punish, condemn it. Even the author of Bandginama Raghbir Singh says Gurbani uses some things as a bugbear to steer people in correct direction. There is only ONE.....