Gurbani on meat

Guest Singhgh

On 11/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

Yes absolutely agree with you. 

I am Amritdhari sikh,  and i follow the Akal takht maryada. 

Occasionally i do eat meat, not for taste. 

I dont eat carbs.no roti or daal.....its been proved time and time again this will give you health problems for example diabetes.. ... i get my nutrition from plants and healthy meats like salmon ( wild caught)

I dont eat chicken .... no nutrition (dont want to eat animal because of just taste)

I dont eat pork and beef... not enough nutrients 

Hence i dont eat for taste when it comes to meats (only wild caught salmon and pasture raised eggs , because of there nutritional benefits)

salmon is very polluted and not good for you , easier to get nutrition from green veggies, seaweed and seeds /nuts less mercury

On 11/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

Yes absolutely agree with you. 

I am Amritdhari sikh,  and i follow the Akal takht maryada. 

Occasionally i do eat meat, not for taste. 

I dont eat carbs.no roti or daal.....its been proved time and time again this will give you health problems for example diabetes.. ... i get my nutrition from plants and healthy meats like salmon ( wild caught)

I dont eat chicken .... no nutrition (dont want to eat animal because of just taste)

I dont eat pork and beef... not enough nutrients 

Hence i dont eat for taste when it comes to meats (only wild caught salmon and pasture raised eggs , because of there nutritional benefits)

salmon -maybe not more than two portions a week are recommended.  even less for pregnant/ breastfeeding women (maybe they should avoid it completely?)  because of the mercury and other poisons that may be present in small amounts.

some people eat salmon raw- but isnt that risking exposure to worms and other parasites?

whole grains are fine (wholewheat atta, brown rice).  its white/processed grains (white atta, white rice) that are said to contribute to diabetes.

if you eat chicken, maybe organic is best?

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • 7 months later...
Guest NonDesiSikh

I believe this to be a personal choice. though it must be accepted that Gurbani does mention on countless occasions that it is not encouraged towards the morality of a Sikh.

morality is the differentiation between Sikhism and other religion. Without it we are nothing. It comes before anything else in Sikhism. 

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji has countless mentions of diet within it. And countless mentions of the immoral slaying of the innocent. (If you want to do your own research I recommend reading P723, P1103, P1350, 1375 and more that I can’t think off the top of my head.)
There are countless mentions of the type of diet that Our Ten living Gurus ate mainly simple diets “or grain wheat and bread” I can’t actually remember the pages but it’s scatter throughout. Therefore I believe gursikhs should have to attain vegan ima in order to mirror the Gurus Panth.

in regards to Jhakta, Guru Gobind Singh Ji DID mention Numerous times that IF the Sikh decides he must eat a flesh involved diet that the only human way to attain this meat is a single swipe of a sharp weapon. This meat is hard to attain outside of Punjab. 

theres arguments that look at the nervous systems of Plants, onions eggplants and garlic are root bound vegetables and contain nervous systems in order to reproduce the roots of these vegetables must stay in tact, with most other plants the propagation is an entirely different situation, most seeds are distributed during death therefore the act of killing a plant is the act of multiple reproduction, when you slaughter an animal you ends it’s reproduction indefinitely, you strip a soul from its vessel and you kill an innocent. 

so if you are morally inclined (Amrit or Gursikh) I don’t believe you should be consuming animals as it is an immoral and unnecessary practice, veg food is amazing and worldwide is becoming a very very popular lifestyle for Sikh and non Sikh alike. If you are sehaj inclined please only eat meats slaughtered by the act of Jhatka and please assure that you continue to learn about morality and consider exactly what pains you’re inflicting on a meal before you eat it. 

live your life consciously morally and with purpose.