Gurbani on meat

Guest Singhgh

Guest Singhgh

I know eating meat and eggs is wrong. In fact no one in the family does and never has. I know gurbani says it is wrong, but I cant find proof anywhere. Can I get help fron sangat to answer those who say guru granth sahib doesnt say eating meat and eggs is not allowed

Guest Cloud

Not sure what Gurbani says about eating animal products but if one can live a healthy life without eating meat, eggs or dairy then why not? 

PS: watch What the Health and Earthlings. Massive eye openers!!

You're free to eat Jhatka meat only as our Sikh ancestors did so, however if you do then you should be practising proper shaster vidya and leading an active life . Guru Granth Sahib Ji says the meat eaters and the vegetarians etc are all hypocrites, eating for pleasure is wrong, eating to keep yourself going is fine. Life resides in everything, saying Vegetarianism is more ethical than Meat Eating is pretty wrong as both contain thousands of alive microbiol and there were documented cases of plants screaming in pain when you pluck them (they have pain receptors). However do be warned that eating meat has an affect on one's spirituality, due to the meat being protein rich and the nutrients that make it up, it can affect your state of mind, thus making it difficult to meditate and such. 

Guest REAL SIKH
3 hours ago, Kira said:

You're free to eat Jhatka meat only as our Sikh ancestors did so, however if you do then you should be practising proper shaster vidya and leading an active life 

My god!!...It shocks me how misonformed the people are today. Killing ANY ANIMAL with INDRIES is WRONG WRONG WRONG..... ALL THESE NUHANGS TALK A LOAD OF CODSWALLOP..  RUBBISH

3 hours ago, Kira said:

Guru Granth Sahib Ji says the meat eaters and the vegetarians etc are all hypocrites, eating for pleasure is wrong, eating to keep yourself going is fine.

Make your mind up bucks fizz!... you seem as confused as the person asking question..

Guru Granth Sahib DOES NOT SAY THIS.

THE MOST MISUNDERSTOOD QUOTE is from Guru Nanak ji's visit to Kurukshetra. The Fools who wrangle over flesh, the maas maas kar moorakh jhagrhay gi-aan Dhi-aan nahee jaanai. 

The foolish meat eating sikhs obviously don't knwo anything about meditation. FACT-The one's who meditate and have got Naam>can hear SHABAD>> KNOW FOR SURE THAT KILLING ANY JANWAR WITH GYAN AND KARAM INDRIES IS WRONG WRONG WRONG. Breaking your pineapples, fruits and veg from plants is NOT killing species with INDRIES.

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE PEOPLE.

3 hours ago, Kira said:

However do be warned that eating meat has an affect on one's spirituality, due to the meat being protein rich and the nutrients that make it up, it can affect your state of mind, thus making it difficult to meditate and such. 

YES DUDE, you got this partly right, BUT ANYTHING THAT IS TAMOGESIC, OR FROM TAMOGUN MAYA WILL HAVE NEGATIVE IMPACT ON SPIRITUALITY..WHY DO YOU THINK THAT GARLIC ISN'T USED IN GURDWARA??

Guest Singh

I think eating plants and animals are completely diffrrent. 1 has soul while other does not. We could be eating the flesh of somone we know who passed away.(if they get into reincincarnationo

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥
Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish(ਮਾਛੁਲੀ) and wine -
ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥
no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

Gurbani from a brahmgyani. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

• This topic was locked and unlocked