Is being gay wrong in sikhi

Guest Singh

Guest Singh

I dont think homosexuality is allowed in sikhi but with the modern world and kalyjug always rising homisexuality has increased .  Is there any gurbani on this. Btw I am straight

Guest Jacfsing2

Being Gay is not something that's wrong in of itself, the act of Kaam is wrong. In the same way straight people shouldn't be lusting over anyone, homosexuals shouldn't either. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 04/08/2017 at 11:22 AM, Guest Singh said:

I dont think homosexuality is allowed in sikhi but with the modern world and kalyjug always rising homisexuality has increased .  Is there any gurbani on this. Btw I am straight

Homosexuality has not increased. 

Its just becoming more accepted and open. Homosexuals never got their rights served to them on a silver platter.

Our fight and struggles are comparable to that of sikhs .

I am at intersection of gay and sikh. I know the harsh struggles one has faced for being gay or sikh .

Both were persecuted and still are .

One would expect sikhs would have compassion , empathy and understanding of LGBT people, but in both real life and online world (including this forum) , I find sikhs are either outright homophobic or subtly homophobic but rarely accepting . 

I attribute this to general human culture and macho punjabi-sikh culture . 

If homosexuality were a choice, no one would choose . 

Gurbani says nothing on this topic, because gurbani is pure philosophy of spirituality , a vast amount of which is still not understood by us  , as gurbani tends to be mystical most of the times.

Never make fun of a homosexual or transgender. God is the queerest of all , without gender, without love . 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
5 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Being Gay is not something that's wrong in of itself, the act of Kaam is wrong. In the same way straight people shouldn't be lusting over anyone, homosexuals shouldn't either. 

So straight people shouldn't be having sex except for reproduction too ?

that means once a married couple has a child or two (as per their family planning) , they should stop sex altogether, and never ever again indulge in sexual act . Also contraceptives is totally immoral as per your line of thought.

Guest Jacfsing2
5 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

So straight people shouldn't be having sex except for reproduction too ?

that means once a married couple has a child or two (as per their family planning) , they should stop sex altogether, and never ever again indulge in sexual act . Also contraceptives is totally immoral as per your line of thought.

Married people are an exception, Gurmat has never promoted homosexual Anand Karaj. But before any sexual act, if they have it outside of married life it's not the Gurmat way.

Being gay is NOT about sikhi.

Being Gay has NOTHING to do with Sikhi,,>>so why does the op keep bringing it in and asking for sympathy??

you gotta stop tampering and diluting sikhi to fit your own twisted agenda.  

SIKHI IS ABOUT YOUR ORIENTATION TOWARDS GOD.

IT IS NOT ABOUT YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION,,, SO JUST PACK IT IN AND STOP BRINGING UP THE SAME FILTH AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BTW. Being Gay should NOT be allowed in society..>>full stop.

We have messed up the world and it's play by being leneient and accepting all these divides. the divides just divide further and can never merge towards ONE. so in the light of spirituality>> you are walking AWAY from what is sacred and divine the more you divide.

today we shall accept gay people as norm,,, then gay marriage, then gay anand karaj,. then it will go to paedophiles and other fetish fangs saying that they have a medical problem,, they're born that way,,, we being unfair and predjudice,,blah blah>>>blaaah.. then the paedos will want sympathy and wanna be accepted as norm just like all the pufters currently are.... you guys are just killing and destroying the play of God.

SHAME ON YOU ALL

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Married people are an exception, Gurmat has never promoted homosexual Anand Karaj. But before any sexual act, if they have it outside of married life it's not the Gurmat way.

No dude ! This is just a hetero-sexist attitude . i.e if a straight couple does it , then its ok .

Contraceptives were not back then at guru's time. So how can you be sure of what their opinion is on this topic. 

Tell me again how mediums like condoms and pills that prevent conception, not defeat the "purist" "religious" purpose of sex ?

Heterosexual sex with contraceptives (since the intention is to not have a child) is certainly exactly the same as homosexuality.

Otherwise you think god has a disgust with 2 men or 2 women , and not a man or a woman ?

Sikhs just like to pick and choose, like every other religion out there. We accept Akal Takht when it decries homosexuality, but when they pass a matta which we don't like, we say RSS/BJP or badals are controlling akal takht.

We , the "sikhs" , pick and choose just like every other religion out there