Guest followthelight

Amritvela with a roommate not wanting to inconvenience

116 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Brother thank you for taking your time to respond with your comments.. 

But Bro what view point or opinion is that people or you is it that is so controversial 

Bro, I'm just saying that if we jump into a topic like we know what we are talking about and we haven't even bothered to make the effort to engage with studying and experiencing the subject at hand - it's only going one way - we are going to make the dumbest mistakes ever - just down to plain old fashioned ignorance. 

Do yourself a big favour mate. 

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bro, I'm just saying that if we jump into a topic like we know what we are talking about and we haven't even bothered to make the effort to engage with studying and experiencing the subject at hand - it's only going one way - we are going to make the dumbest mistakes ever - just down to plain old fashioned ignorance. 

Do yourself a big favour mate. 

What favour Bro... Break it down for me tell me where I'm going wrong with specific examples otherwise it's all a bit abstract 

6 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

What favour Bro... Break it down for me tell me where I'm going wrong with specific examples otherwise it's all a bit abstract 

Well, I only just told you you need to stop relying on others for this information and go direct. And straight away you do exactly what I'm saying is a waste of time?!?!? Mine and yours.

Absorb yourself in it and see what comes to you. Leave all preconceptions behind. I don't have the time or desire to minutely analyse your words mate. It's the weekend. 

If you seriously don't realise how much your perspective will be skewed because of language barriers after all that's been said - that ain't too bright. 

Foreign translations should only ever be a gateway, a first tentative step - if you've liked what you've read so far - get in deeper and experience the real thing.   This isn't about intellectualising this is about experiencing. 

Which nicely reminds me to get on with life and stop wasting time on the web like a proper knob. 

See ya. 

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Well, I only just told you you need to stop relying on others for this information and go direct. And straight away you do exactly what I'm saying is a waste of time?!?!? Mine and yours.

Absorb yourself in it and see what comes to you. Leave all preconceptions behind. I don't have the time or desire to minutely analyse your words mate. It's the weekend. 

If you seriously don't realise how much your perspective will be skewed because of language barriers after all that's been said - that ain't too bright. 

Foreign translations should only ever be a gateway, a first tentative step - if you've liked what you've read so far - get in deeper and experience the real thing.   This isn't about intellectualising this is about experiencing. 

Which nicely reminds me to get on with life and stop wasting time on the web like a proper knob. 

See ya. 

"Which nicely reminds me to get on with life and stop wasting time on the web like a proper knob." 

Curious 

9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

See ya. 

That's a very unfortunate response 

I feel like we are need to have a seriously sit down friendly intervention with sukhvir (if thats his name)

50 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

I feel like we are need to have a seriously sit down friendly intervention with sukhvir (if thats his name)

You are the only person here, who could ban him. It would save lots of time on everyone's end. But for everyone involved, including myself, we shouldn't waste a valuable time like this one, on arguing pointlessly.

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ   
आसा महला ५ ॥ 
Āsā mėhlā 5. 
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl: 

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ  
भई परापति मानुख देहुरीआ ॥ 
Bẖa▫ī parāpaṯ mānukẖ ḏehurī▫ā. 
This human body has been given to you. 

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ  
गोबिंद मिलण की इह तेरी बरीआ ॥ 
Gobinḏ milaṇ kī ih ṯerī barī▫ā. 
This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe. 

ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ  ਕਾਮ  
अवरि काज तेरै कितै न काम ॥ 
Avar kāj ṯerai kiṯai na kām. 
Nothing else will work. 

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ॥੧॥ 
मिलु साधसंगति भजु केवल नाम ॥१॥ 
Mil sāḏẖsangaṯ bẖaj keval nām. ||1|| 
Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1|| 

ਸਰੰਜਾਮਿ ਲਾਗੁ ਭਵਜਲ ਤਰਨ ਕੈ  
सरंजामि लागु भवजल तरन कै ॥ 
Saraʼnjām lāg bẖavjal ṯaran kai. 
Make every effort to cross over this terrifying world-ocean. 

ਜਨਮੁ ਬ੍ਰਿਥਾ ਜਾਤ ਰੰਗਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਕੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ  
जनमु ब्रिथा जात रंगि माइआ कै ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
Janam baritha jāṯ rang mā▫i▫ā kai. ||1|| rahā▫o. 
You are squandering this life uselessly in the love of Maya. ||1||Pause|| (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 12)*don't know how to adjust font size, but would make this bigger
Edited by Jacfsing2
1 person likes this

On 12/08/2017 at 11:17 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

You are the only person here, who could ban him. It would save lots of time on everyone's end. But for everyone involved, including myself, we shouldn't waste a valuable time like this one, on arguing pointlessly.

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ   
आसा महला ५ ॥ 
Āsā mėhlā 5. 
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl: 

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ  
भई परापति मानुख देहुरीआ ॥ 
Bẖa▫ī parāpaṯ mānukẖ ḏehurī▫ā. 
This human body has been given to you. 

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ  
गोबिंद मिलण की इह तेरी बरीआ ॥ 
Gobinḏ milaṇ kī ih ṯerī barī▫ā. 
This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe. 

ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ  ਕਾਮ  
अवरि काज तेरै कितै न काम ॥ 
Avar kāj ṯerai kiṯai na kām. 
Nothing else will work. 

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ॥੧॥ 
मिलु साधसंगति भजु केवल नाम ॥१॥ 
Mil sāḏẖsangaṯ bẖaj keval nām. ||1|| 
Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1|| 

ਸਰੰਜਾਮਿ ਲਾਗੁ ਭਵਜਲ ਤਰਨ ਕੈ  
सरंजामि लागु भवजल तरन कै ॥ 
Saraʼnjām lāg bẖavjal ṯaran kai. 
Make every effort to cross over this terrifying world-ocean. 

ਜਨਮੁ ਬ੍ਰਿਥਾ ਜਾਤ ਰੰਗਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਕੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ  
जनमु ब्रिथा जात रंगि माइआ कै ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
Janam baritha jāṯ rang mā▫i▫ā kai. ||1|| rahā▫o. 
You are squandering this life uselessly in the love of Maya. ||1||Pause|| (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 12)*don't know how to adjust font size, but would make this bigger

Why should I be banned since when was having a difference of opinion a crime.. Surely providing evidence to address my questions should be the priority 

9 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Why should I be banned since when was having a difference of opinion a crime.. Surely providing evidence to address my questions should be the priority 

You have at least 3 different accounts, and one of them was obviously on quality control. When you stick to the rules established by this site, then we can have a reasonable debate. Until then, you are just a guy rambling about nothing.

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

You have at least 3 different accounts, and one of them was obviously on quality control. When you stick to the rules established by this site, then we can have a reasonable debate. Until then, you are just a guy rambling about nothing.

I don't have 3 accounts and you can just choose not to engage with me 

1 hour ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

We provide evidence but you're too thick to go off and look at it. I know what your next reply will be, "oh but where" if you need to ask that question then I seriously suggest going off the internet and seeking help from someone who can perhaps cure you of your stupidity. Hardly likely as you consider yourself all knowing but still. 

You're a grown a55 man that hasn't bothered learning to read or write the Guru's own scriptural language. Yet you claim to "research", What a joke. I bet next you'll start watching Bill Nye and then try to lecture Physicist on how the world works.You're not well read, you have crap grammar and haven't learned Gurmukhi, You speak down to everyone here yet you have no actual knowledge of anything you try to talk about. The funniest thing is you actually think this is alright and a proper "researcher" would take the same route as you. 

"Get off your lazy ar5e" as Dally put it and learn Gurmukhi, and then come and preach here.  

Edited by Kira
2 people like this

42 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I don't have 3 accounts and you can just choose not to engage with me 

You could claim that; however, the actual evidence proves otherwise. http://sikhsangat.com/index.php?/profile/46880-kuks/

http://sikhsangat.com/index.php?/profile/45987-sukhvirk76/

As well as this @Sukhvirk1976 account. As @Kira has politely told you to learn what Guru Sahib actually taught instead of learning from second-hand or third-hand sources.

23 minutes ago, Kira said:

We provide evidence but you're too thick to go off and look at it. I know what you're next reply will be, "oh but where" if you need to ask that question then I seriously suggest going off the internet and seeking help from someone who can perhaps cure you of your stupidity. Hardly likely as you consider yourself all knowing but still. 

You're a grown a55 man that hasn't bothered learning to read or write the Guru's own scriptural language. Yet you claim to "research", What a joke. I bet next you'll start watching Bill Nye and then try to lecture Physicians on how the world works.You're not well read, you have crap grammar and haven't learned Gurmukhi, You speak down to everyone here yet you have no actual knowledge of anything you try to talk about. The funniest thing is you actually think this is alright and a proper "researcher" would take the same route as you. 

"Get off your lazy ar5e" as Dally put it and learn Gurmukhi, and then come and preach here.  

I'm not doing any preaching just asking questions.. You clearly are very judgemental and for you to rage against me with such anger says more about you than me.. 

You accuse me of many things but I'm not too bothered..  You talk about evidence but actually you don't provide any.. You speak about research but you seem to have very little knowledge of applying critical,  rational thinking.. On a number of occasions I have asked you to qualify your position and you resort to a typical response saying go find it yourself but I'm starting to suspect that your own knowledge is just skin deep 

Just now, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I'm not doing any preaching just asking questions.. You clearly are very judgemental and for you to rage against me with such anger says more about you than me.. 

No anger, Sorry but you're not really worth my rage. Only a few things stoke that blaze in me and sadly you're not one of them.

I'm not doing any preaching just asking questions

God is love 

Then I guess you missed a question mark there.

You accuse me of many things but I'm not too bothered..  You talk about evidence but actually you don't provide any.. You speak about research but you seem to have very little knowledge of applying critical,  rational thinking.. On a number of occasions I have asked you to qualify your position and you resort to a typical response saying go find it yourself but I'm starting to suspect that your own knowledge is just skin deep 

I prove my share of evidence and I always back it up with Gurbani. "skin deep" that's hilarious, you tried that in the Sheikh Farid thread and sat down pretty fast. You asked me to translate for you, i did, I provided evidence and you just replied with "LOL" and one worded sentences, I could sit here and type essays with explanations of everything, from Arths and things in historical Granths I have been corrected before and unlike you I  accepted it. I have typed long responses but sadly you can't even read them because you lack the Gurmukhi tools so I see no reason to waste too much time on it. Grow up. If you want grown up answers then come back with the grown up tools (Gurmukhi). Is that too much for you?

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

You could claim that; however, the actual evidence proves otherwise. http://sikhsangat.com/index.php?/profile/46880-kuks/

http://sikhsangat.com/index.php?/profile/45987-sukhvirk76/

As well as this @Sukhvirk1976 account. As @Kira has politely told you to learn what Guru Sahib actually taught instead of learning from second-hand or third-hand sources.

I use one account this one. And I don't think @Kira was particularly polite but never mind.. Some people have a loose tongue and freely use pejoratives to make themselves feel better.. 

I really struggle to understand your beef? Why is someone who asks questions on a Sikh forum such a threat to you? Surely the whole point of it is to help people with questions? 

To get insight from the learned enlightened ones such as yourself 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Kira said:

No anger, Sorry but you're not really worth my rage. Only a few things stoke that blaze in me and sadly you're not one of them.

Then I guess you missed a question mark there.

I prove my share of evidence and I always back it up with Gurbani. "skin deep" that's hilarious, you tried that in the Sheikh Farid thread and sat down pretty fast. You asked me to translate for you, i did, I provided evidence and you just replied with "LOL" and one worded sentences, I could sit here and type essays with explanations of everything, from Arths and things in historical Granths I have been corrected before and unlike you I  accepted it. I have typed long responses but sadly you can't even read them because you lack the Gurmukhi tools so I see no reason to waste too much time on it. Grow up. If you want grown up answers then come back with the grown up tools (Gurmukhi). Is that too much for you?

I could sit here and type essays with explanations of everything, from Arths and things in historical Granths I have been corrected before and unlike you I  accepted it." 

I think you may have missed a full stop here? 

3 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I could sit here and type essays with explanations of everything, from Arths and things in historical Granths I have been corrected before and unlike you I  accepted it." 

I think you may have missed a full stop here? 

There's a comma there. So no I didn't miss anything out. After "historical granths" I mimicked a style deployed by Lawrence Ferlinghetti by some of his literature work. Albeit to a less successful degree.

3 people like this

I use one account this one.  

Whatever keeps you happy.

And I don't think @Kira was particularly polite but never mind..  

If you don't think @Kira behavoir was a bit kinder than most people on this site, then you are slightly a bit delusional, many people have already felt that you are a lost cause, yet @Kira, still tries helping you out, (I don't know why he bothers, but the only one who's benefiting from this is you).

I'm not his fan, but I respect his views, and him trying to deal with you in the most polite way possible. I probably disagree with lots of what he says, but the difference between him and you, is that he doesn't come from a position of building Haumai, but rather learning.

5 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Some people have a loose tongue and freely use pejoratives to make themselves feel better..

The fact that you can't comprehend basic kindness is probably only negative from you, not only as a Sikh, but as a human being.

7 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I really struggle to understand your beef?

I don't have any problem with any user on this forum who genuinely wants to learn. You are not one of those people.

8 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Why is someone who asks questions on a Sikh forum such a threat to you? 

Nobody views you as a threat.

9 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Surely the whole point of it is to help people with questions? 

Yes, but you should be willing to learn, when 99% of your posts have been liberal propaganda. Not teaching or learning from others.

16 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

To get insight from the learned enlightened ones such as yourself 

Get insight from Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji first, and then Mahapurukhs, and then more educated users than me, and if I am at the very bottom of that list, just respect that.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Whatever keeps you happy.

If you don't think @Kira behavoir was a bit kinder than most people on this site, then you are slightly a bit delusional, many people have already felt that you are a lost cause, yet @Kira, still tries helping you out, (I don't know why he bothers, but the only one who's benefiting from this is you).

I'm not his fan, but I respect his views, and him trying to deal with you in the most polite way possible. I probably disagree with lots of what he says, but the difference between him and you, is that he doesn't come from a position of building Haumai, but rather learning.

The fact that you can't comprehend basic kindness is probably only negative from you, not only as a Sikh, but as a human being.

I don't have any problem with any user on this forum who genuinely wants to learn. You are not one of those people.

Nobody views you as a threat.

Yes, but you should be willing to learn, when 99% of your posts have been liberal propaganda. Not teaching or learning from others.

Get insight from Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji first, and then Mahapurukhs, and then more educated users than me, and if I am at the very bottom of that list, just respect that.

Very interesting. 

1. I didn't measure @Kira behaviour against any other users in my sentence.  I said I didn't think it was "particularly polite".  So I don't know how you made the leap to make the comparison or understand the basis of your quip about me being delusional. 

2. How other than your own subjective opinion do you know I don't want to truly learn? I would love to know what mind reading machine you have.. 

3. If nobody views me as threat or you think I'm talking nonsense then why do you want me banned? Just ignore me Bro? 

4. '99% of my posts are liberal propaganda'? How very curious a comment? What propaganda do you think and accusing me of promoting,  specifically? And if you have a problem with liberalism (which I don't I'm quite happy to be called a liberal), then how does that fit with sikhi? Surely liberalism shares many qualities promoted by guru sahib? Equality amongst all, social responsibility, uplifting and helping the weak, distribution of wealth, removing discrimination etc? 

22 minutes ago, Kira said:

There's a comma there. So no I didn't miss anything out. After "historical granths" I mimicked a style deployed by Lawrence Ferlinghetti by some of his literature work. Albeit to a less successful degree.

LOL 

I'll take into account in the future that you are blending prose into your sentences. Maybe you can forgive me my own mistakes since you yourself have adopted such a creative approach? 

15 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

LOL 

I'll take into account in the future that you are blending prose into your sentences. Maybe you can forgive me my own mistakes since you yourself have adopted such a creative approach? 

The point flew over your head once again, wow for someone that claims to be well read you can't even grasp what the actual intention behind it was but whatever. 

Pretty sure even writers know the difference between your and you're. Something you seem to struggle with. Do your next "research project" on elementary grammar. That'll be more beneficial to your "research" etc etc.

Toodlo.

Edited by Kira
2 people like this

24 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Very interesting. 

1. I didn't measure @Kira behaviour against any other users in my sentence.  I said I didn't think it was "particularly polite".  So I don't know how you made the leap to make the comparison or understand the basis of your quip about me being delusional. 

2. How other than your own subjective opinion do you know I don't want to truly learn? I would love to know what mind reading machine you have.. 

3. If nobody views me as threat or you think I'm talking nonsense then why do you want me banned? Just ignore me Bro? 

4. '99% of my posts are liberal propaganda'? How very curious a comment? What propaganda do you think and accusing me of promoting,  specifically? And if you have a problem with liberalism (which I don't I'm quite happy to be called a liberal), then how does that fit with sikhi? Surely liberalism shares many qualities promoted by guru sahib? Equality amongst all, social responsibility, uplifting and helping the weak, distribution of wealth, removing discrimination etc? 

If you were genuinely here to learn, you'd at the very least give-up on building ego in every single conversation you have, your posts show that. Liberalism doesn't fit-in with Sikhi at all, nor does conservatism, the problem is you have a western idea on how Sikhi should run, rather than a Gurmat view on how it's run.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Kira said:

The point flew over your head once again, wow for someone that claims to be well read you can't even grasp what the actual intention behind it was but whatever. 

Pretty sure even writers know the difference between your and you're. Something you seem to struggle with. Do your next "research project" on elementary grammar. That'll be more beneficial to your "research" etc etc.

Toodlo.

Hahaha 

The concept of 'post - rationalisation' comes to mind for some reason... 

Mmmmm I wonder why? 

I applaud the creativity. 

18 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

If you were genuinely here to learn, you'd at the very least give-up on building ego in every single conversation you have, your posts show that. Liberalism doesn't fit-in with Sikhi at all, nor does conservatism, the problem is you have a western idea on how Sikhi should run, rather than a Gurmat view on how it's run.

I don't think sikhi should be 'run' at all..

And with regards to ego I'm not the one here claiming to be a fountain of knowledge.. Or someone who has all the answers, I simply ask questions.. Moreover, don't you think that As somebody who feels comfortable projecting their own subjective opinions on others,  it may well be argued that your own ego needs to be checked? 

'Liberalism'  doesn't fit with sikhi? Please explain? I accept it is a broad term but surely the basic characteristics are congruent with the principles of sikhi? 

13 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Hahaha 

The concept of 'post - rationalisation' comes to mind for some reason... 

Mmmmm I wonder why? 

I applaud the creativity. 

Honestly the fact that there was another comma absent there and the fact I left an extra space to purely show that should have been a rip off for someone that claims to be well read. Hilarious how something as basic as that flew over your inflated head.

than you for demonstrating you're nothing but all talk.

4 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I don't think sikhi should be 'run' at all..

And with regards to ego I'm not the one here claiming to be a fountain of knowledge.. Or someone who has all the answers, I simply ask questions.. Moreover, don't you think that As somebody who feels comfortable projecting their own subjective opinions on others,  it may well be argued that your own ego needs to be checked? 

'Liberalism'  doesn't fit with sikhi? Please explain? I accept it is a broad term but surely the basic characteristics are congruent with the principles of sikhi? 

How would you know? You've never read Gurbani in Gurmukhi. Go do that and then ask questions. 

I think the real person who everyone should LOL at is you. So many attempts to seem so smart but they all fail so hard. Really quite sad. 

Edited by Kira
2 people like this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor