Guest followthelight

Amritvela with a roommate not wanting to inconvenience

115 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I'm always learning Gurmukhi my friend like everything there's always more to learn.. 

But going back to what you said do you actually have a reference point or was that something ethereal? 

Don't be dense, you know what I mean in this case. Go read the Rehitnamas of Bhai Nand Lal Ji and other Gursikhs. 

17 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I apologise I really didn't know what you were referring to... I've always found bhai nand lal, writing substantiative. Which other gursikhs do you refer to? 

Bhai Daya Singh Ji, Bhai Prahlad Singh JI and so on all wrote Rehitnamas. 

4 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Also to illustrate a point bhai nand lal ji doesn't mention anything about mixed race marriage which I find interesting? 

So? What has that got to do with anything? The Rehitnama is for Bhai Sahib on his instructions from Guru Sahib on how to live his life and the ideal life for Sikhs. Marriage is optional, not compulsory.

Edited by Kira

25 minutes ago, Kira said:

Bhai Daya Singh Ji, Bhai Prahlad Singh JI and so on all wrote Rehitnamas. 

So? What has that got to do with anything? The Rehitnama is for Bhai Sahib on his instructions from Guru Sahib on how to live his life and the ideal life for Sikhs. Marriage is optional, not compulsory.

Very interesting.. 

Much food for thought.. 

So you would agree by the fact you have listed a number of sources,

that whilst we should draw upon each and every source the fact that there are differences means that we as the readers have to use a critical eye in accepting them as dogma since they all can't be right? 

On 10/08/2017 at 10:57 AM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I agree it means disciple.. But it can mean a disciple of knowledge in its widest sense. 

I've always thought it curious that in mool mantar the shabad is gurprasad and not guru prasad ie. Through the grace of knowledge 

@Kira why are you bothering with this troll.  There is a troll on sikhphilosophy.net forum named Lee.  This troll writes and acts in the same manner as that troll.  This troll has one job, to be a troll.  This troll can't read gurmukhi.  He has no knowledge on Gurbani.  He is having fun at your expense by finding different ways to trap you in an argument that goes in circles.  In other words he's a piece of <banned word filter activated>.  Gurbani says to be Sikh of the Guru and this troll will pick at any letter to write against Gurbani because he's a troll.  He has nothing else better to do as he receives tax payers income through welfare cheques; sits on his hands all day.  Again he's a piece of <banned word filter activated>

1 person likes this

Just now, Akalifauj said:

@Kira why are you bothering with this troll.  There is a troll on sikhphilosophy.net forum named Lee.  This troll writes and acts in the same manner as that troll.  This troll has one job, to be a troll.  This troll can't read gurmukhi.  He has no knowledge on Gurbani.  He is having fun at your expense by finding different ways to trap you in an argument that goes in circles.  In other words he's a piece of <banned word filter activated>.  Gurbani says to be Sikh of the Guru and this troll will pick at any letter to write against Gurbani because he's a troll.  He has nothing else better to do as he receives tax payers income through welfare cheques; sits on his hands all day.  Again he's a piece of <banned word filter activated>

SSA 

Akali fauj of Guru sahib was made up of  fearless warriors who had given 'sis'. Living shaheed . 

These days people are just screen names 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

I really hope you start seeing the beauty in the world 

20 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Very interesting.. 

Much food for thought.. 

So you would agree by the fact you have listed a number of sources,

that whilst we should draw upon each and every source the fact that there are differences means that we as the readers have to use a critical eye in accepting them as dogma since they all can't be right? 

All the rehitnama have the same core message. What a moronic thing to say, Dasam Granth addresses God from a different prescriptive doesn't make it any less of Guru's Bani than Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Sarbloh Granth is unique amongst all religious text, doesn't make it any less Gurbani. You need to go and learn from them rather than shouting that they aren't right. (in regards to the Rehitnamas) Go read them in their proper punjabi text, go read Gurbani in its proper Gurmukhi form. Your research is bland and hypocritical just like you. @Akalifauj is right about one thing. You try to act smart but it always backfires on you.

Come back and talk when you can do all of the above. Honestly atleast @Akalifauj has bothered to learn Gurmukhi, that's more than you've done in your life, ironically one of the rehitnama said Sikhs should all learn Gurmukhi. No wonder you want to throw doubt at them. 

Come back to the table when you're less of a hypocrite and can actually read the dialect. Otherwise be quiet and stop throwing your baseless statements around.

The topic of this thread is Amritvela inconvenience.Goodbye.

Edited by Kira

4 minutes ago, Kira said:

All the rehitnama have the same core message. What a moronic thing to say, Dasam Granth addresses God from a different prescriptive doesn't make it any less of Guru's Bani than Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Sarbloh Granth is unique amongst all religious text, doesn't make it any less Gurbani. You need to go and learn from them rather than shouting that they aren't right. (in regards to the Rehitnamas) Go read them in their proper punjabi text, go read Gurbani in its proper Gurmukhi form. Your research is bland and hypocritical just like you. @Akalifauj is right about one thing. You try to act smart but it always backfires on you.

The topic of this thread is Amritvela inconvenience. Come back and talk when you can do that. Honestly atleast @Akalifauj has bothered to learn Gurmukhi, that's more than you've done in your life, ironically one of the rehitnama said Sikhs should all learn Gurmukhi. No wonder you want to throw doubt at them. 

Come back to the table when you're less of a hypocrite and can actually read the dialect. Otherwise be quiet and stop throwing your baseless statements around.

Goodbye.

Erm. I'm not sure how dasam Granth came into the conversation.. I didn't raise it with.. 

Now I'm really curious. I thought you might be a source of knowledge but you don't seem to want to share your knowledge... 

Earlier on this thread you were angered and said you had no time for people  'manipulating' or twisting rehit.. You said the rehit you abide by is not the SRM but of sources such as bhai nand lal etc.. However surely you see that there are differences between these texts and therefore one has to dig deeper? 

I also don't understand why or for what reason you ask me about my proficiency in Gurmukhi? 

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Kira said:

Come back and talk when you can do all of the above. Honestly atleast @Akalifauj has bothered to learn Gurmukhi, that's more than you've done in your life, ironically one of the rehitnama said Sikhs should all learn Gurmukhi. No wonder you want to throw doubt at them. 

The topic of this thread is Amritvela inconvenience.Goodbye.

Good bye. Stay blessed. 

Thank you for your comments 

4 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Erm. I'm not sure how dasam Granth came into the conversation.. I didn't raise it with.. 

Now I'm really curious. I thought you might be a source of knowledge but you don't seem to want to share your knowledge... 

Earlier on this thread you were angered and said you had no time for people  'manipulating' or twisting rehit.. You said the rehit you abide by is not the SRM but of sources such as bhai nand lal etc.. However surely you see that there are differences between these texts and therefore one has to dig deeper? 

I also don't understand why or for what reason you ask me about my proficiency in Gurmukhi? 

Once again the point flew over your head. I think you need English classes, badly as you can't understanding basic English comparative statements. Read the Rehitnamas, none of them are any different from the others. 

The sheer arrogance of you as a person is hilarious, you come here to preach and give advice but you've not even started learning the source of it all. Your proficiency is non-existent so your knowledge is baseless and bland, Just like I wouldn't go onto an Islamic forum and start lecturing them on the Quran without having read it in Arabic, I find anyone coming on here and lecturing others on the dos and donts of Sikhi without reading all 3 granths are being huge hypocrites and Guru Sahib also makes similar remarks. The fact that you constantly think its alright to go around spreading things without having an iota of actual Gurmukhi knowledge within you is hilarious.  

I'll make this clear so an imbecile like you can understand. Do not hope to or even think that it's possible to understand anything within Gurbani without learning the actual script and the dialogue. Do not hope you'll get anywhere from "learning" from second hand sources and then blabbing them everywhere as though they are the truth. Does that clear it up? 

Come back to me once you can read from Gurmukhi, once you can do your own translations from the actual source. Then sit there and go around giving out advice about what to do and what not to do. 

You're free to dwell in Ignorance all you want. The sad fact is you're clearly not here to learn but constantly try to show off. Good Luck in that.

On 8/8/2017 at 2:32 AM, Guest Followthelight said:

many think Sikh means student as in learner but really means student as in disciple. Two very different connotations. And the meaning we give behind this will impact our Sikhi. When I thought of myself as a learner I was easier on myself in a sense. When I see myself as a disciple I see myself as always trying to leave my ways (manmat) and abide by GuruJis ways (gurmat). Idk. When I only thought of myself as a learner it was more like walking in a field of daisies, appreciating but not fully committing ? Thoughts

:clap: Well said and i never thought about it that way !

Good Replies Kira without loosing cool !

Sukhvir man, why you being a troll. Seriously, most of us can tell that. 

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, Kira said:

Once again the point flew over your head. I think you need English classes, badly as you can't understanding basic English comparative statements. Read the Rehitnamas, none of them are any different from the others. 

The sheer arrogance of you as a person is hilarious, you come here to preach and give advice but you've not even started learning the source of it all. Your proficiency is non-existent so your knowledge is baseless and bland, Just like I wouldn't go onto an Islamic forum and start lecturing them on the Quran without having read it in Arabic, I find anyone coming on here and lecturing others on the dos and donts of Sikhi without reading all 3 granths are being huge hypocrites and Guru Sahib also makes similar remarks. The fact that you constantly think its alright to go around spreading things without having an iota of actual Gurmukhi knowledge within you is hilarious.  

I'll make this clear so an imbecile like you can understand. Do not hope to or even think that it's possible to understand anything within Gurbani without learning the actual script and the dialogue. Do not hope you'll get anywhere from "learning" from second hand sources and then blabbing them everywhere as though they are the truth. Does that clear it up? 

Come back to me once you can read from Gurmukhi, once you can do your own translations from the actual source. Then sit there and go around giving out advice about what to do and what not to do. 

You're free to dwell in Ignorance all you want. The sad fact is you're clearly not here to learn but constantly try to show off. Good Luck in that.

I'm really very sorry.. But can you please actually tell me what it is you have found so offensive? You keep saying how angry you are with me but you are not specifying what it is.. I respect you but I have to say it starting to feel like you don't actually know what you are angry about 

23 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

:clap: Well said and i never thought about it that way !

Good Replies Kira without loosing cool !

Sukhvir man, why you being a troll. Seriously, most of us can tell that. 

I'm not trying to be a troll brother just got lots of questions 

9 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I'm not trying to be a troll brother just got lots of questions 

No kidding brother. You seriously do have a lot of questions for the past few years. Thing is that how come you are not learning anything with answers posting from left and right over all these years...

3 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

No kidding brother. You seriously do have a lot of questions for the past few years. Thing is that how come you are not learning anything with answers posting from left and right over all these years...

I'm always learning Bro! Just never bowing down! Chardi Kala! 

12 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Brother I'm learning and I respect the opinions people come with but I still have questions mainly because the answers I here from people are flawed 

But always learning 

17 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Brother I'm learning and I respect the opinions people come with but I still have questions mainly because the answers I here from people are flawed 

But always learning 

For God's sake, start with learning Gurmukhi then. Until then, it just looks like you make things up to your own whims and dispositions. How serious can you be about this stuff if you can't even be ar5ed to learn the language required to access it properly? 

Learn Gurmukhi, and then get well read on Sikh literature, then you'd be in a position to run your mouth off with some actual substance to your words. Seriously. 

It's easier now than it's every been with the Internet. 

Edited by dallysingh101

57 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

For God's sake, start with learning Gurmukhi then. Until then, it just looks like you make things up to your own whims and dispositions. How serious can you be about this stuff if you can't even be ar5ed to learn the language required to access it properly? 

Learn Gurmukhi, and then get well read on Sikh literature, then you'd be in a position to run your mouth off with some actual substance to your words. Seriously. 

It's easier now than it's every been with the Internet. 

Why do assume I'm not well read? 

27 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

because maybe you don't realise in your flow that you repeat the same basic questions and jump to left field conclusions in cycles then refuse to consider you may be mistaken 'just never bowing down'. Maybe you should give your ahankar a rest, and learn from Guru ji because so far it seems to have gone over rather than in your head. Everyone is right , gurbani is straightforward to those with open hearts , and a willingness to learn/absorb/action , learn gurmukhi properly from a gursikh , do ardas for sumat and sabar then start your 'khoj'

3 people like this

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

because maybe you don't realise in your flow that you repeat the same basic questions and jump to left field conclusions in cycles then refuse to consider you may be mistaken 'just never bowing down'. Maybe you should give your ahankar a rest, and learn from Guru ji because so far it seems to have gone over rather than in your head. Everyone is right , gurbani is straightforward to those with open hearts , and a willingness to learn/absorb/action , learn gurmukhi properly from a gursikh , do ardas for sumat and sabar then start your 'khoj'

Brother /sister.. 

That's what I'm trying to do, but some people just don't back up what they mean..? So I can't just agree.. 

52 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Brother /sister.. 

That's what I'm trying to do, but some people just don't back up what they mean..? So I can't just agree.. 

Are you even Panjabi or from India?

1 hour ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Brother /sister.. 

Are you even Panjabi or from India?

1 hour ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Brother /sister.. 

If you engage directly with Guru ji like we are pushing you to do, you wouldn't need all these intermediate relationships with people about it. 

I think one of the first hurdles in developing your personal relationship is by diminishing the excessive reliance of others in interaction. Yeah, this can take a few years but you need to start that journey now. Until you do that, most of what you're doing with arguing this that and the other with other people regarding these deep elusive spiritual matters is just a waste of time. 

You can't back up what you are saying either because you haven't had that direct relationship. 

Do yourself the biggest favour ever and jump into this asap. It'll be life changing.

And I have to say I agree with jkvlondon's point above about most of what you are coming with is just white, western, leftfield worldview dressed up as Sikhi (i.e. 'Sikhism') - the fact that you haven't discerned this says a lot. 

I've been where you're at. Having read most of my knowledge of 'Sikhism' from books in English over decades. It's only when I engaged directly (after learning Gurmukhi) that I realised most of what I read was motivated bull5hit. It's important you get to that point quickly, because otherwise you're just going to be another brainwashed guy who can't see through the fog. That's why (right now) you're essentially pushing lefty western values, but thinking you're pushing your own heritage. People have set so many traps for Sikhs (especially during colonisation), and we are almost born falling into them. If we don't learn about these tricks and dig ourselves out - we're in big trouble.  

Edited by dallysingh101

6 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

If you engage directly with Guru ji like we are pushing you to do, you wouldn't need all these intermediate relationships with people about it. 

I think one of the first hurdles in developing your personal relationship is by diminishing the excessive reliance of others in interaction. Yeah, this can take a few years but you need to start that journey now. Until you do that, most of what you're doing with arguing this that and the other with other people regarding these deep elusive spiritual matters is just a waste of time. 

You can't back up what you are saying either because you haven't had that direct relationship. 

Do yourself the biggest favour ever and jump into this asap. It'll be life changing.

And I have to say I agree with jkvlondon's point above about most of what you are coming with is just white, western, leftfield worldview dressed up as Sikhi (i.e. 'Sikhism') - the fact that you haven't discerned this says a lot. 

I've been where you're at. Having read most of my knowledge of 'Sikhism' from books in English over decades. It's only when I engaged directly (after learning Gurmukhi) that I realised most of what I read was motivated bull5hit. It's important you get to that point quickly, because otherwise you're just going to be another brainwashed guy who can't see through the fog. That's why (right now) you're essentially pushing lefty western values, but thinking you're pushing your own heritage. People have set so many traps for Sikhs (especially during colonisation), and we are almost born falling into them. If we don't learn about these tricks and dig ourselves out - we're in big trouble.  

Brother thank you for taking your time to respond with your comments.. 

But Bro what view point or opinion is that people or you is it that is so controversial 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• anyone watch these 2 documentaries that were made? if so whats your thoughts?
    • Lessons to be learn't let me see hmmm 1) Our brothers should prepare for the worst case scenario so they should arm themselves with heavy weapons to protest the Sikh faith, fellow sikhs and innocent civilians from harm. 2) Infiltrate the enemy before they infiltrate you. We only now realise the amount of infiltration that went on to derail the punjabi sabha movement all the way to the present khalistan movement. 3) The Sikh misls and Sikh raj of the past happened because India was not a miltiary and politically united country it was various different hindu and muslim kingdoms/ empires who plotted and schemed against each other causing power vaccums for Sikhs to gain strength and take over. In 1980s the Indian army, police and paramilitaries were huge in number over 1 million men. In 1980s to 90s Sikhs with at max about 5,000 armed fighters throughout india? impossible odds to win against. Sikhs only 2% of population.... lesson here is increase population by conversion drives and birth rate. Also Sikh pride and Sikh nationalism should come first and override any sense of indian nationalism, pakistani nationalism, american, canada, british nationalism. 4) Always have a well connected world power as a major ally. At the moment the best hope is China as usa is sucking up to india to encircle china. And pakistan will never help the Sikhs because its an islamo-facsist regime that wants indians Sikhs to be killed by their fellow Indians for their own political mileage. So only China if courted correctly can be mutually beneficial to help Sikhs gain freedom from India when the time comes again probably if India tries to do a war with china.  
    •   Who is richer than Bill Gates? Someone asked Bill Gates, "Is there any person richer than you?" He said, "Yes, only one.
      Many years ago, I had been dismissed & had gone to New York airport.I read titles of newspapers there.I liked one of them and I want to buy it. But didn't  have change (coin). I abandoned." Suddenly, a black boy called me and said “This newspaper for you.” I said, "..but I don’t have change." He said,“No problem, i give you free”. After 3 months, i went there. Coincidentally, that story happened again and that same boy gave another free newspaper again. I said, "I can’t accept. But he said, 'i give you from my profit' After 19 years, I had been rich and I decided to find that boy. I found him after one and half months searching.
      I asked him, do you know me? He said, “Yes, you’re famous Bill Gates.” I said, twice you gave me free newspaper many years ago.
      Now, i want to compensate it. I am going to give you everything that you want. Black young man replied, “You can’t compensate it!”
      I said, why? He said, "Because i gave you when I was poor. You want to give me when you are rich. So, how do you compensate?" Bill Gates said, I think that black young man is richer than me. You don't have to be rich or wait to be rich to give.
    • I absolutely agree. But like I said, Panjab does generate plenty of money, and the SGPC, which is essentially a de facto government, has enough money (through the donations of Sikhs) to use this to modernise the region. We all know the centre doesn't like us, to expect them to actually help is bordering on insanity. 
    • 1. I am speaking from bringing up four children including a set of twins not theory but experience and observation of how different people approaches affected their kids in close genetic relationships . 2. i had my infant children either in a cot or moses basket in the same room as me for the first six months , except the twins who slept in the same cot - next door because our new home didn't have the space for a large cot alongside our bed . eldest - was looked after by my folks during the workday and I would pick him up and we used to do loads of stuff together, gardening, reading , drawing , etc he was extremely talkative from 1.5 years because he was surrounded by adults and none of us spoke tuthla to him, had three languages on the go in the homes ,  when I had the twins - we were forced by circumstances to move away so I was all alone with three under three and two preemies . Loving Contact, speaking and engaging babies is important but as the ICU/SCBU nurses pointed out sleep is vital for growth and it was illustrated by slow gain of weight in Dayal Singh compared to Bahadur SIngh.. from observations people who babytalk delayed speech development and enforced simple mouthing mistake which then needed intervention, and allowed their kids to stay in the parental beds beyond two years of age had massive problems with seperation anxiety in the kids no matter who they were with in the day , bedtime creep, concentration problems in kids and sleep deprivation in the parents, one couple's singleton drove the mother out of the bed totally to the sofa so she could get enough sleep to function for coming workday. One child who is now in high school will not sleep in his own bedroom despite insisting on own room for me I'm realistic that my kids longest relationship is with their siblings so I've always encouraged shared space/play  with each kid getting time with each of us parents and collective time with the grands as a secondary emphasis. I am highly aware of anti-sikh attitudes in certain family members so try to reduce influence by countering by teaching sikhi aspects to same issues