Prokharkoo84

Lessons to be learnt from the Khalistan Movement

Prokharkoo84    102

WJKK WJKF! This topic I am starting is not to do nindiyah, to fight with anyone or cause anyone disrespect. I am starting this purely due to my personal interest in the Khalistan Movement. Our Shaheeds who spilt blood will be forever remembered, while our brothers in jails and the familes who lost everything are in constantly in my thoughts. Nowadays the movement kind of gets glorified in the UK, I see a lot of people wear tshirts of certain Shaheed Singhs for fashion, image, repping a jathebandi or just to give it large. Whilst we are all aware of certain individuals who were the enemy e.g. indira, rajiv, beantah, gobind ram, gill and co, I would like to know more about those who were classed as our 'own' and sold the movement out. A LOT of lessons need to be learnt here, while I think this needs to be equally be exposed as much as the stories of our brave Shaheed brothers. Like I said before, this topic is not to cause inter-jatha beef, or for people to argue, lets have a discussion where anyone who has been mentioned as a sell out, can be justified for being one too. The kind of people I am interested in are the roles of Wassan Singh Zaffarwal (who I personally think made a massive kurbani prior to surrendering), Mokham Singh, Jasbir Singh Rode, the role of Simranjeet Singh Mann who I know Baba Manochahal was not a fan of, also I would like to more about any Singhs who sold out on their own jatha which resulted in them becoming shaheed, people such as 'Vanchiri' who had Baba Manochahal done, the guy who had Deepa Herawala done etc.

Lastly,  would be informative to hear views about the ISYF and the stories of them being corrupted and using funds for personal gain. 

All replies will be appreciated and I look forward to learning more and not arguing with anyone. This topic is for educational purposes only so that we can learn from the mistakes of our elders. A lot of these stories will soon never come to light due to people that know the truth getting older etc.  P.S Apologies I know this topic has been touched on before and I have read majority of those before. 

Prokharkoo84    102
41 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

This is a sympathetic outsiders critical perspective of the movement I posted here a few years ago:

Thanks for replying brother. I have read this book and it is very good. Do you know much about Dhanna Singh from Panthic Commitee and why he left after Sarbat Khalsa and what his role was when he got to the USA?

MisterrSingh    2,803

You need friends in the media and the press, moreso now than back then. The fighters do their thing on the battlefield, but their non-combat brothers and sisters in arms need to be embedded in all major outlets in order to combat the other side's propaganda. We only have to flick through a a couple of newspapers to realise how the exact same act committed by an individual is interpreted and presented to the masses in a manner dependent on the political and ideological direction of each publication. 

We don't have that luxury. Any Sikh journalists or writers with a profile are either brainwashed by our opposition, or are more than pleased to dance to the tune of their paymasters, even if that means selling out your own people for personal gain. 

It is a huge problem that unfortunately strikes at the heart of something more deeper than desire or motivation. I actually believe we as a people are fundamentally untrustworthy, unreliable, and easily bought, aside from a tiny minority for whom honour, integrity, and loyalty are non-negotiable.

• Like 3

Prokharkoo84    102
41 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

This is a sympathetic outsiders critical perspective of the movement I posted here a few years ago:

Thanks for replying brother. I have read this book and it is very good. Do you know much about Dhanna Singh from Panthic Commitee and why he left after Sarbat Khalsa and what his role was when he got to the USA?

Dsinghdp    52

Every year thousands of Sikhs gather together in London UK to commemorate the 1984 Sikh genocide. In Punjab this isn't allowed by the police.

Edited by Dsinghdp

Prokharkoo84    102
7 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

Every year thousands of Sikhs gather together in London UK to commerate the 1984 Sikh genocide. In Punjab this isn't allowed by the police.

This is good but has now become more of a fun day out in the sunshine. From the stories I have heard about the first rally in 1984, when there was lot of anger compared to now is a lot of difference. Another issue, this even is now more about UK based politicians than the actual sangaarsh on the main stage, while none of the resolutions passed here make any difference in Punjab. Dont get me wrong, the remembrance is good and needs to continue, just needs to be a lot more applicable to ground level Punjab.

Dsinghdp    52

During the Khalistan movement, Hindus were terrorised in Punjab. Some 400 were murdered.

Prokharkoo84    102
4 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

During the Khalistan movement, Hindus were terrorised in Punjab. Some 400 were murdered.

Any war is going to have casualties on both side. The Hindus you mention, maybe some of them needed to be eliminated? Just like the Sikhs were in the eyes of the GOI? Its a 2 way thing but people quick to point out murdered hindus, what about the innocent Sikh Sangat that was at the Darbar Sahib during Bluestar? Or what about the innocent college/pind dhe mundeh that were picked up and killed for no reason?

• Like 1

JS79    338
35 minutes ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

This is good but has now become more of a fun day out in the sunshine. From the stories I have heard about the first rally in 1984, when there was lot of anger compared to now is a lot of difference. 

I feel the reason for this the majority of the attendees only remember 1984 whenever the month of June arrives. They only remember Sant Ji when there is a barsi or protest. For the rest of the year most if us are pretty asleep.

Gradually yes it has become just a family day out. We get excited to do a few jakareh at the protest and then what do we do to try and achieve what sangarsh that taksal started. How do we tackle pakhandvaad. Gurbachana did beadbi and everything started as a result it continued and became a movement. How do we tackle todays pakhand.

Also, sant ji listed 17 matte for anandpur da matta. How are we trying to achieve that? Sant ji wanted sikhs to have equal rights. Sant ji gave shaheedi for that! We sikhs cannot even give fellow sikhs equal right. Our matteh have become ways to stop gurmat parchar. We have a lot of work to do to impress sant ji. We bend over backwards to stop gurmat yet what about the reason sant ji gave shaheedi. We say we respect sant ji but the true way of respecting is by trying to lead a life that they would approve. Standing up against injustice and evil. Whoever it may be that is causing it. 

• Like 4

JS79    338
13 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

Hello there??

Are you even a singh??

sant jarnail singh ji was shot. Guru maharaj were shot. Akal takht was destroyed. Countless gursikhs gave shaheedi. Singhs were burnt by pouring oil and setting fire. children were murdered. Beadbi was done of maharaj. Have you no idea what even happened? The hindu gov attacked the darbar sahib. The sarovar was full of blood. There are still marks of bullets in the walls. Waheguru. 

• Like 3

dallysingh101    1,583
3 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

Did you read this article? It was written years after her Fighting for faith and nation book and offers a post-hoc perspective. 

• Like 1

MisterrSingh    2,803
5 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Perhaps its because of this tiny minority alone that panth has survived so far.

Spiritually speaking, perhaps. 

Anyone else feel uncomfortable conducting these conversations on a viewable public forum? It's a shame not many can read and write Punjabi on this forum. It would prevent at least the non-Sikh casual lurker from picking up on what we're expressing. Other nationalities such as the Orientals, etc, conduct their business on internet forums using their relevant languages. Something to think about.

• Like 3