Lessons to be learnt from the Khalistan Movement

Very true. If they willed, they could set up Punjab, but why would they? I wouldn't be surprised if the fed govt already is waiting for agriculture to fail, and have a back up planned. They're too smart to remain dependant on Sikhs/Punjab. 

This is obviously on the books. Pretty soon (if not already) they wont need too much of an indigenous agricultural sector as they'll have enough enough money to fly or ship most of their food like a lot of western countries do. 

On 17/08/2017 at 8:45 AM, Prokharkoo84 said:

Sohan - from everything I know, he was a rat through and through and I would say a large percentage of the blame for the movement crashing was down to him. I think he was a Sarkari guy prior to joining the movement and he is the one who created a new Panthic Committee, which contributed to the deadly mistake of the election boycott of 1992.

Dr Sohan Singh gave up a very cushy job to lead the movement. He sacrificed a very good life for the movement. I would bnever call him a rat. Dr Sohan Singhs Panthic Comiittee had an image of being more brutal and less compromising than the others. Dr Sohan Singh was also the one who wanted to contest the electiosn but it was Bittu who threatened to kill him over it After that Dr Sohan Singh backed down. His Panthic Committee, although personally i would say he was against it, killed some 30 odd Sikh candidates. All of them very good men inc Baldev Singh Lang, a good friend of my relative.

They had already killed Harminder Singh Sandhu which in me eyes is unforgivable. It was personal, nothing else.

On 11/08/2017 at 0:18 AM, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Hey bro any info on my last reply to you? You've always got some good info. 

On 11/08/2017 at 8:48 AM, Prokharkoo84 said:

PS if you could also answer Khoon ka Badla's question too.

Sorry to both I missed the questions. Can yo re-post them?

On 15/08/2017 at 8:51 AM, Prokharkoo84 said:

I know there is a lot of speculation on Chauhan, Aulakh, Bains, the ISYF etc, anyone know more?

I wouldn't call these people as agents. they were genuine Khalistan ideologues.  ISYF was the top org in its time.

On 09/08/2017 at 7:49 PM, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Interesting, never knew that bit about Zaffarwal.

What do you think of Sukhdev Singh Babbar staying in a nice khoti in Patiala? A lot of people say it was a clever disguise of hiding in plain view. I'm not saying that's B.S and that he was living there off of the Panth. But I've always been curious what people generally thought of that. Any more info of that?

As far as I know Manochahal and BTFK were the strongest easily in Tarn Taran/majha. While most groups had to go into malwa/Doaba, they still stuck around and controlled it. Perhaps a bit jealousy from other leaders? 

On 21/08/2017 at 11:45 AM, chatanga said:

Dr Sohan Singh gave up a very cushy job to lead the movement. He sacrificed a very good life for the movement. I would bnever call him a rat. Dr Sohan Singhs Panthic Comiittee had an image of being more brutal and less compromising than the others. Dr Sohan Singh was also the one who wanted to contest the electiosn but it was Bittu who threatened to kill him over it After that Dr Sohan Singh backed down. His Panthic Committee, although personally i would say he was against it, killed some 30 odd Sikh candidates. All of them very good men inc Baldev Singh Lang, a good friend of my relative.

They had already killed Harminder Singh Sandhu which in me eyes is unforgivable. It was personal, nothing else.

Sorry to both I missed the questions. Can yo re-post them?

I wouldn't call these people as agents. they were genuine Khalistan ideologues.  ISYF was the top org in its time.

Questions above, any insight?

You seem fairly respective of Dr Sohan, why do you think so much controversy over him? The election issue? Or that he survived the era? 

The older guys were just smarter, and if I had to guess, probably not hardcore Sikhs. Very active Sikhs politically, but not so much spiritually. While the rank and file were more in touch with Sikhi roots and willing to become Shaheed. Older Khalistanis just knew when to throw in the towel and not their life. 

13 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Questions above, any insight?

You seem fairly respective of Dr Sohan, why do you think so much controversy over him? The election issue? Or that he survived the era? 

The older guys were just smarter, and if I had to guess, probably not hardcore Sikhs. Very active Sikhs politically, but not so much spiritually. While the rank and file were more in touch with Sikhi roots and willing to become Shaheed. Older Khalistanis just knew when to throw in the towel and not their life. 

I agree that the older lot were more clued up and also thought ahead as opposed to the younger kharkoos being short sighted and ready to become shaheed. From what I know of Sohan is that he later on stage possibly in 98 addressed the GOI type of crowd with 'Jai Hind' while he also retracted that he ever was a Khalistani. 

On 8/24/2017 at 8:20 AM, TejS said:

I think the greatest lessons to be learnt from the Khalistan movement are that we are firstly an extremely divided community, secondly an incompetent one, and finally that the movement is worthless in the present-day.

Expanding on my first point, Sikhs don't know who they are! Sikhs face the biggest identity crisis in the subcontinent, even more so than Indian/Pakistani converted Muslims. How so? Well although Indian/Pakistani Muslims may claim they are descended from Arabs/Persians/Afghans, they are firm and sure on one thing, and that is that they're Muslim. Sikhs don't know what they are. Heck, my own extended family doesn't know what we are. They wear turbans, but celebrate Karva Chauth. They acknowledge the teachings of Guru Nanak, but accept that they are a branch of Hinduism. Until Sikhs don't align themselves with each other, no Sikh sovereignty related movement will flourish or go through. KPS Gill, Kuldip S Brar are examples of the confused Sikhs. 

My second point is one of extreme relevance. I think post 1947, Sikhs have become extremely incompetent. This is quite evident in the Khalistan movement. The martyrs were extremely motivated individuals, but lacked any communal support. There were no wealthy and powerful Sikhs to fund them, or any famous Sikh media personalities to rationalize and voice the Khalistani cause. This could be partly due to that fact that Sikhs are divided amongst each other, but I think its more likely that we didn't have any notable members in our community at that time, apart a from the odd one out, and still don't. We have no Sikh in academia, the arts and sciences, business, medicine. 

My last point follows my second point, the Khalistani seperatist movement, considering the current incompetent state our community is in, is worthless and should not be followed, promoted, or continued on with for the meantime. The problem with us, or perhaps its a quality of ours, is that we have always fought against the system, be it the Mughals, British and now the Indian gov't. Our community needs a breather. We need to rejuvenate, and come back stronger. I see so many of our youth waste their energy on the Khalistan movement, that I wonder had they done so much for their own personal development, perhaps they could have progressed further. We as a community are in desperate need of redirection, and I think that the direction has already been laid down for us, and that is the Jewish people. If you look at the Jewish diaspora, although it is half of our population, they command exceptionally far more power than our community, far more than the stalwart Christians, Hindus, and Muslims. They are in positions, and in roles in the US that not have only secured the socioeconomic status of American Jews, but has allowed them to make their voice heard. We need to emulate the accomplishments of the Jewish people, in fact apart from religious doctrine, we are not too different from them, we have been similarly persecuted as they are, and we've survived and that's what makes me hopeful that we can ultimately secure victory. We need to bring our arms down, and reconnect with Sikhi. Very few people are following the Sikhi enclosed within the Adi Granth. I saw Jugraj Singh as someone who was helping people to reconnect to Sikhi and its spiritual side, its unfortunate he left us so early. Getting back to my point though, is that we need more educated Sikhs, more Sikhs in power, not only in India (which I doubt ever happens, expect for puppets like Manmohan), but around the world that will allow our voices to be heard on the global stage. I see many Punjabi Sikh students immigrating to Canada, but most of them enroll into community colleges that give out degress that hold no merit. I honestly think Sikhs need to aggressively expand out of India, and settle in Western society where they can flourish akin to the Jews, however coming to community colleges won't help. I rarely see these students attend a top Canadian/American uni, very rare if none at all. Even Canadian/American born Hindus are far more educated than their Sikh counterparts, and this is worrisome for our community. We need Sikhs to branch out and attain power, and unfortunately I'm not wise enough to know how this will happen, but I do know this needs to happen. Sikh entrepreneurs, professors, inventors, celebrities, artists, physicians, lawyers, engineers will allow for more global exposure. Also, we need to be flexible. I often see us condemn 3HO Sikhs, or Nanakpanthis, however we shouldn't be doing that. We need to greet them with respect and love in order for their ways to be "corrected", and not just simply write them off. We also need to have more children, and I know many Sikhs are against this, but c'mon people, our numbers are dwindling. And for those that say the world population is already too much, well adopt children and raise them as Sikh. We need to increase our numbers by having more children, marrying out and bringing spouses into the Sikh fold through reason, and raising adopted Sikh children. Numbers go a long way in helping a movement be established. 

I hope I have not offended anyone with my perspective on this.

Very good post bro, biggest lesson for me is seeing that it always seems to be our own that bring us down and the Sangaarsh is prime example of this. Everything you have stated seems correct, however the problem we have got as a Kaum is that everyone is to focused on sorting themselves out for their own personal good as opposed to the benefit of the Kaum.

37 minutes ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

Very good post bro, biggest lesson for me is seeing that it always seems to be our own that bring us down and the Sangaarsh is prime example of this. Everything you have stated seems correct, however the problem we have got as a Kaum is that everyone is to focused on sorting themselves out for their own personal good as opposed to the benefit of the Kaum.

One of the things that has always had me in a quandary is the relationship between the individual and the collective.

If we want to change things, we have to change ourselves. So if we want better for the quam we have to better for ourselves. If enough of us do it then in theory we would have a better quam but unfortunately it does not always work like that.

Guest Jacfsing2
6 minutes ago, TejS said:

You're right, it does work like that, but unfortunately the case with us Sikhs is (even more so than other Indians) that once members of our quam become successful, they are the ones often damaging the Sikh panth the most and turn their backs onto it, and also most of the successful Sikhs never help or even wish success on the Sikhs that are struggling to make it for themselves (so a network of support is never allowed to be created). In contrast to us, no matter how rich a Jewish person gets, they will always strive to to work for the Jewish cause (even if they aren't religious themselves) and create a network for helping other Jewish people, especially the Jewish youth succeed (around my area, a Jewish magnate opened up a top-notch Jewish high school that hands out scholarships for uni and approx. 10% of the graduating class tends to go to the Ivy Leagues for education). If we can emulate this kind of loyalty to not only our faith, but our people (fellow Sikhs) as well, then I'm sure the above mentioned theory will yield results in reality as well.

The problem isn't that the rich among us are evil, but rather our community is too obsessed with perfectionism that only exists in Guru Sahib. So even when somebody does something admirable, we always call out their Rehat or how they didn't do well enough or contribute enough. Many people among our community, (or any Subcontinental community), have extreme trust issues, where people think someone trying to help, is just someone trying to use them in some way.