Lessons to be learnt from the Khalistan Movement

With hindsight I think one of the biggest weaknesses of the movement was its economic vision. I think some younger people might forget (or might not know) that the lehar took place on the back of the (now infamous) green revolution. There was way too much dependence on the agricultural industry. Given the water issues even back then, it would've been more prudent to diversify the economy in Panjab at that point. I think even this dependence on agriculture is a legacy of colonialism, with a lot of the alternate industries that existed in M. Ranjit Singh's time (that may have developed into modern economies) being destroyed. I mean, Panjab was  a thriving weapons manufacturer previously. 

The oft-repeated crying that the 'gorment' doesn't invest in Panjab for these things is pathetic in my eyes. We all know that Gurdwara donations alone (which end up largely in SGPC hands) could more than cover this. 

Who would've thought that a few decades later, India would be at the forefront of space programs and technology, whilst Panjab is wracked with smack and narcotics issues.

I think another MASSIVE failure was the misconception (many of us had, including me) that the international community would give a toss about Sikh sovereignty/independence. We now know that the UN doesn't really care and is a toothless beast anyway. Brits did their thing of pretending to be neutral but in reality being far from. We didn't have anything to bargain with like others might (like oil and other natural resources), which might have impelled people to assist us (even if for selfish motives). 

Our perception of the wider world and international politics was unbelievably naive. 

Guest Jacfsing2
37 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

With hindsight I think one of the biggest weaknesses of the movement was its economic vision. I think some younger people might forget (or might not know) that the lehar took place on the back of the (now infamous) green revolution. There was way too much dependence on the agricultural industry. Given the water issues even back then, it would've been more prudent to diversify the economy in Panjab at that point. I think even this dependence on agriculture is a legacy of colonialism, with a lot of the alternate industries that existed in M. Ranjit Singh's time (that may have developed into modern economies) being destroyed. I mean, Panjab was  a thriving weapons manufacturer previously. 

The oft-repeated crying that the 'gorment' doesn't invest in Panjab for these things is pathetic in my eyes. We all know that Gurdwara donations alone (which end up largely in SGPC hands) could more than cover this. 

Who would've thought that a few decades later, India would be at the forefront of space programs and technology, whilst Panjab is wracked with smack and narcotics issues.

I think another MASSIVE failure was the misconception (many of us had, including me) that the international community would give a toss about Sikh sovereignty/independence. We now know that the UN doesn't really care and is a toothless beast anyway. Brits did their thing of pretending to be neutral but in reality being far from. We didn't have anything to bargain with like others might (like oil and other natural resources), which might have impelled people to assist us (even if for selfish motives). 

Our perception of the wider world and international politics was unbelievably naive. 

Can't Punjab build it's economy again once it's independent, even when America gained independence from Great Britain it was mostly agricultural, and now it's been devolped. Russia before it's civil war was very behind technology-wise, and in modern day it's one of only a few nuclear-armed nations. The entire world was once undeveloped, but when nations and people started building for themselves, they grew.

8 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Can't Punjab build it's economy again once it's independent, even when America gained independence from Great Britain it was mostly agricultural, and now it's been devolped. Russia before it's civil war was very behind technology-wise, and in modern day it's one of only a few nuclear-armed nations. The entire world was once undeveloped, but when nations and people started building for themselves, they grew.

Why wait for independence? Why can't they start doing it now? Why didn't Panjabi SIkhs start this years ago? 

There is a backwards conservatism when it comes to innovation out there, not to mention widespread petty jealousy. 

6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Why wait for independence? Why can't they start doing it now? Why didn't Panjabi SIkhs start this years ago? 

There is a backwards conservatism when it comes to innovation out there, not to mention widespread petty jealousy. 

You do realize that the other state industries get subsidized by the govt (eg, Himachal), so even if Punjab has the best industry it cannot compete with products from states which are subsidized. All I am saying is that everything is not equal in Hindu India

13 minutes ago, acsap said:

You do realize that the other state industries get subsidized by the govt (eg, Himachal), so even if Punjab has the best industry it cannot compete with products from states which are subsidized. All I am saying is that everything is not equal in Hindu India

I absolutely agree. But like I said, Panjab does generate plenty of money, and the SGPC, which is essentially a de facto government, has enough money (through the donations of Sikhs) to use this to modernise the region. We all know the centre doesn't like us, to expect them to actually help is bordering on insanity. 

Lessons to be learn't let me see hmmm

1) Our brothers should prepare for the worst case scenario so they should arm themselves with heavy weapons to protest the Sikh faith, fellow sikhs and innocent civilians from harm.

2) Infiltrate the enemy before they infiltrate you. We only now realise the amount of infiltration that went on to derail the punjabi sabha movement all the way to the present khalistan movement.

3) The Sikh misls and Sikh raj of the past happened because India was not a miltiary and politically united country it was various different hindu and muslim kingdoms/ empires who plotted and schemed against each other causing power vaccums for Sikhs to gain strength and take over. In 1980s the Indian army, police and paramilitaries were huge in number over 1 million men. In 1980s to 90s Sikhs with at max about 5,000 armed fighters throughout india? impossible odds to win against. Sikhs only 2% of population.... lesson here is increase population by conversion drives and birth rate. Also Sikh pride and Sikh nationalism should come first and override any sense of indian nationalism, pakistani nationalism, american, canada, british nationalism.

4) Always have a well connected world power as a major ally. At the moment the best hope is China as usa is sucking up to india to encircle china. And pakistan will never help the Sikhs because its an islamo-facsist regime that wants indians Sikhs to be killed by their fellow Indians for their own political mileage. So only China if courted correctly can be mutually beneficial to help Sikhs gain freedom from India when the time comes again probably if India tries to do a war with china.

On 15/08/2017 at 0:51 AM, Prokharkoo84 said:

Iv never heard that about Sakheera, I do know that apparently him and Baba Manochahal had a run in and Baba M offered him out? Dont know if this is 100% true or not. Manjinder Singh Issi says they fought with josh not hosh and i think this pretty much sums the sangaarsh up, a lot of young hot headed lads armed with heavy fire in a setting where paranoia must have been galore due to the amount of touts etc. Does anyone know much about the foreign based 'Khalistanis' who turned out to be rats? I know there is a lot of speculation on Chauhan, Aulakh, Bains, the ISYF etc, anyone know more?

What was their run in over? A lot of the ISYF guys are khalistan lifers bro, sure some were snakes, but a lot still haven't turned their backs on it. Bains idk, he was briefly giving Badal a chance but cut him out very quick. I'd say he went neutral, rather pro-govt. Chauhan, Sohan and all them, still trying to learn more about them. 

6 hours ago, acsap said:

Very true. If they willed, they could set up Punjab, but why would they? I wouldn't be surprised if the fed govt already is waiting for agriculture to fail, and have a back up planned. They're too smart to remain dependant on Sikhs/Punjab. 

4 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

What was their run

4 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

What was their run in over? A lot of the ISYF guys are khalistan lifers bro, sure some were snakes, but a lot still haven't turned their backs on it. Bains idk, he was briefly giving Badal a chance but cut him out very quick. I'd say he went neutral, rather pro-govt. Chauhan, Sohan and all them, still trying to learn more about them. 

Not sure what Sakheera and Baba Manochahal's alleged run in was over, I am guessing the same kind of beef as the others? 

From what I know about the ISYF, started off with the right intentions, but there were a lot of splits and a massive mis-use of funds. There was a programme in Derby in 1987 I believe, in which thousands were donated and I am pretty sure this was a common occurrence. However, the Derby programme in particular is notorious for those funds being jacked. Also surprises me how 'leaders' of this time that are still around now are multi millionaires in the UK, while the cause they fronted and the families of those e.g. the Shaheed pravaars were left to rot. 

Chahan - From what I know, even in the early 70's possibly 1971, he was handing out literature on Khalistan in Trafalgar square in London and he took out a massive advert in the New York Times promoting Khalistan. I know there were links between him and Sant Ji, however to what level, I do not know. What I do know, is he went back to Punjab and joined up with Zaffarwal and created the 'Khalsa Raj' party whilst being a homepathic doctor I think.

Sohan - from everything I know, he was a rat through and through and I would say a large percentage of the blame for the movement crashing was down to him. I think he was a Sarkari guy prior to joining the movement and he is the one who created a new Panthic Committee, which contributed to the deadly mistake of the election boycott of 1992. I also think if memory serves me correct, Baba Manochahal was ready to kill him along with Rode and Darshan Ragi.

Bro you know much about Gurmit Singh Aulakh? I have seen his speeches, interviews etc, however always been told he was a dubious character?

Also do you know much about the current BKI leadership in Pakistan? From what I have heard, from the good as in they are still on it, to what Tara recently came out and said?