Lessons to be learnt from the Khalistan Movement

3 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Only Black Cats were killing innocent Hindus, and even if 1 or 2 Hindus were wrongfully brought to justice in your view, how many Sikhs were wrongfully killed? Way more than even the best number for the other side.

I am not saying sikhs were not killed, but we can't deny butchering of hindus 

On 03/08/2017 at 2:14 PM, Prokharkoo84 said:

Do you know much about Dhanna Singh from Panthic Commitee and why he left after Sarbat Khalsa and what his role was when he got to the USA?

Dhanna Singh was in hiding for a while as were the original Panthik Committee. They all made their own ways after historic Sarbat Khalsa. Like many people I though that Dhanna Singh had become shaheed but then he surfaced in USA some time after. Don't know anything a bout his activities after he got there.

On 03/08/2017 at 3:40 PM, Dsinghdp said:

During the Khalistan movement, Hindus were terrorised in Punjab. Some 400 were murdered.

This was just indian govt propoganda. They made up stories that Hindus were being victimized in Panjab by Sikhs. The conveniently forget that many Sikhs were killed by Hindus and may gurdwaras burnt by Hindus during the Panjabi Suba morcha. They conveniently foget that Taksal paid for a mandir to be built in a Panjab prison.

On 03/08/2017 at 3:53 PM, JS79 said:

Also, sant ji listed 17 matte for anandpur da matta. How are we trying to achieve that? Sant ji wanted sikhs to have equal rights. Sant ji gave shaheedi for that!

Sant Ji wanted Sikhs to have their territorial, religious and human rights. He gave his life for it.

We sikhs cannot even give fellow sikhs equal right. Our matteh have become ways to stop gurmat parchar. We have a lot of work to do to impress sant ji. We bend over backwards to stop gurmat yet what about the reason sant ji gave shaheedi.

The only Sikhs that can have equal rights are those who beleive  in Sikhi. Those who beleieve in missionary nonsense and darshan rogi, giving them any kind of "equal rights as sikhs" would destroy sikhi. Sant Ji gave his life to keep Sikhi alive. These missionaries are trying their best to destroy Sikhi.

We say we respect sant ji but the true way of respecting is by trying to lead a life that they would approve. Standing up against injustice and evil. Whoever it may be that is causing it. 

You dont respect Sant Jarnial Singh. If you did you would never mention them in the same breath as cretins like dhunda and dhapali. How can disrespecting your Guru be approved by Sant Jarnail Singh?

Standing up against injustice and evil. Whoever it may be that is causing it. 

Only lionhearts can do that. The others run to the nearest police car.

On 05/08/2017 at 7:31 PM, HarfunMaula said:

A few points come to mind.

1. The 'social reformist' (samaj sudhaar) activities carried out by the Kharkoos were unnecessary and gave adverse effects to their objective of attaining a sovereign state. These include:
    * forcing women (including news anchors) to wear dupattas
    * threatening and murdering artists (even if they were vulgar like Chamkila)
    * banning the sale of alcohol, tobacco and meat, attacking liquor vendors, barbers, butchers, ...
    * disallowing music at weddings
    * banning saris, cosmetics for women, ...

Just like any other action it did have positive sides too, the simple marriage ceremonies came with a ban on dowries but enforcing a 'moral code' is not the Sikh way and it alienated not only the non Sikhs but also the 'moderate' Sikhs. 
  2. There was an immense amount of infighting among the kharkoos due to various reasons, including theological, personal and territorial disputes. The DDT and AKJ had at times taken to violent ways to enforce their viewpoints during the movement. Sikhs need to learn to put personal differences away and unite against a common enemy as was shown historically by the Misls.
  3. The intentional targeting of Hindus and families of police officials. While a lot of killings of Hindus were done by the govt under false flag operations to malign the Kharkoo movement, one cannot deny that several Sikhs were deliberately targeting Hindus and the families of police officials. Collateral damage is likely during guerilla warfare but these kind of acts are against our Sikh ideology, no matter what the circumstances are. 

At the time this social reform was announced there was opposition to it from many quarters. Two other things to be added to this list are only "11 members of a baraat, and no jeans for females at colleges/universities."

Many at the time saw this as a deflection away from the true poltic goal of the Sikhs and a chance to embroil them in other matters taking the focus and energy away from the issues that mattered most.

Families of police began to be targeted only after ravan sena started to kill relatives of Sikhs mainly under gills rule. It was more of a reaction than action.

On 05/08/2017 at 8:11 PM, JS79 said:

Imagine if a thief came to your house and killed your family and tried to stab you. God forbid. What would you do? You would do what you think is best at the time. Maybe you would kill the thief i dont know. Would it be right for me to say 'you could have considered.... this and that'. No of course not. You had to act.

You dont half me me laugh.

9 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Sometimes I wonder if we as a community are in the mess today that we're in because of killing of innocent hindus in 80's 

Like you know the stories of khadkoos bringing out hindus from buses and killing them .And hindu murders elsewhere in punjab back then. 

No, the mess that we are in todays stems from the loss of the Lahore Darbar, Since 1849, the Sikhs have been sliding downhill and seem to keep on slliding.

Thanks to all replies, especially the ones that are relevant to this topic, whilst others which are not beneficial such as Ajeet Singh's, can you please stop as your input is not needed in this topic.

Regarding the Samaaj Sudhar lehar, I agree this caused a detriment to the Sangaarsh. The common Punjabi who lived in Punjab during this period did not want this and it eventually contributed to the Singhs being turned away by the common folk. However, I do agree initiatives such as small bharats for weddings etc was good and would have helped a lot of people in Punjab today, particularly the poor. 

Regarding the sale of alcohol being targeted by Kharkoos, this is a grey area as whether people in this country like it or not, there were Kharkoos who were not Amritdhari and did drink etc. I know from a personal account that near Jalandhar area there were a group of Kharkoos who had taken over a Khoo. Here they used to session etc while the landowner was too scared to get rid of them. Eventually an Akali Dal MLA intervened and they left, however the same group were at a wedding where a lot of coppers were too and they all even drank together. I am not saying these were top Singhs, but they were still Kharkoos who fought which is a lot bigger than anyone in the disapora shouting slogans or wearing tshirts. A lot of Kharkoos did have girlfriends etc aswell, what people need to realise is, if the Sangaarsh started again now, the kind of people that would join would not just be Amritdharis of the highest jeevan and nor was this case pre and post 84. Deepa Heran despite what people say, in Doaba area his character is well known and he wasnt a Gursikh by any mean, but once again his Kurbani is MASSIVE and he did what most can only fantasize about.

Any ideas what happened to Sukhvant Vaincheree afterwards?

Rode - another massive grey area, adored by his click and hated badly by others. I do know he owns the building in Jalandhar that was used for the Awaz E Quom paper I believe, this property is now worth millions.

Zaffarwal - people cuss him, but the guy was isolated and ended up in Switzerland, he ran out of options. But does anyone know what his issues with Baba Manochahal were?

Bittu - I have heard the rumour he was responsible for the Shaheedi of Gurjant Singh Budhsinghwala too, as he set the meeting up in Model Town Ludhiana? Also I have heard he was responsible for General Labh Singh too? Either way, hes another one who has done a lot of jail and gave his jawani for the Sangaarsh.

Does anyone know who was responsible for Sukhdev Singh Babbar's Shaheedi? Was it due Gurdeep Singh Sivia getting picked up?

All these grey areas of the Sangaarsh need to be brought up, a lot of lessons to be learnt here and I personally rather have an educated and informed view of what happened rather than look back with rose tinted glasses.

26 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

Sant Harchand Singh Longowal dictator of the dharma yudh morcha was killed by Sikh extremist for signing a deal with Rajiv Gandhi.

Longowal was killed for selling himself to Rajiv Gandhi. He turned his back on the Anandpur Resolution and made a deal with Gandhi. Longowal was a traitor to the quom and was killed by Sikh youth, not extremists. How would you feel if your Thiyah or Chacha promised you the world whilst your Dad was alive, and when your Dad left this earth sold out on you and your family? Dont think you would be happy.

Vaarchiree as far as I know never got executed. Nor was there anyone around to do so.

Zaffarwal issues with Manochahal. He's a smart man, he knows where they got played against each other. He has never again opposed Manochahal from what I know. Baba Manochahal was THE ultimate Singh.

Bittu, I refuse to make judgements, too controversial. But, please expand on your point regarding Bhai Deepa, I've known people from his pind, other associates too, but never heard a bad word. What are you referring too bro?

Sukhdev Singh Babbar, I've tried asking Babbars, since Singh was living lavish in Patiala, but they refuse to speak. Not saying he was a snake, Im hoping it was part of the disguise.

You're right about a lot though bro.