Lessons to be learnt from the Khalistan Movement

8 minutes ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

You may not want it, but vast majority of Punjabis did/do want music. Women not being allowed to put their hair down? Once again, vast majority of women aren't going to wear a pagg or chunni 24/7. These silly rules was a major factor people turned their backs on kharkus. 

And it is our responsibility to analyze what happened, it'd be a shame if we didn't point out the pros and cons. This is how you learn. And there's nothing wrong with saying they made mistakes. 

I somewhat agree with your points above. Analysing is good and yes i also agree it is a way forward. And yes spotting mistakes is a good quality to have. However personally I don't feel these rules were wrong. I think they showed us an example of how many things should be in regard to weddings and so forth. In my eyes, I see it as parchar.

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

You may not want it, but vast majority of Punjabis did/do want music. Women not being allowed to put their hair down? Once again, vast majority of women aren't going to wear a pagg or chunni 24/7. These silly rules was a major factor people turned their backs on kharkus. 

From what I heard only Babbar Khalsa had a Rehat requirement, while the others were more open to Maryada. (Also they seemed to be the only ones who required their group to have Amritdhari only requirements as well as having a minimum Nitnem memorized requirement). 

On 04/08/2017 at 0:35 AM, Prokharkoo84 said:

Cheers brother for replying, I was hoping you would provide an input as I can see from your previous posts you know the score regarding what was reality during the Sangaarsh as opposed to some of the fairy tale stories that are in circulation. I agree fully that actions by some kharkoos which was interpreted as 'taliban' style behaviour pushed a lot of common folk away, while as much as I rate Gurnek Singh Neka and co for popping Chamkila off, it did cause the Sangaarsh to be pushed back. Regarding Dhanna Singh, I think whilst it is easy for mans like me to sit in my own luxury Khalistan aka the UK and diss him, his kurbani is still massive considering he did what he did in his youth which is more than what most 'Khalistanis' particularly in the disapora have achieved. 

In regards to my opening post, can you shed light on the roles of individuals such as Zaffarwal, Rode, Bittu and Mann to who their seems to be a lot of clouds over? Personally I still rate all those mentioned apart from Rode (to all readers - do not turn this into an argument). Also brother, any information on those who switched sides and had top Singhs such as Baba Manochahal, Gurjant Singh Budhsinghwala, General Labh Singh etc killed?

Thanks in advance brother.

All have tons of controversy. Is it possible govt let bygones be bygones and told zaffarwal he can come back, without having to provide info etc? Could be. Rode, I'm not sure what to believe, while some people say he cut a deal got released, couple members here say he was scapegoat. Bittu, some folks even say he was behind Budhsinghwala killing, others say he is solid and till day is doing Seva of Shaheed parvaars. Serious accusation throw anyways, without evidence. Mann to me seems like a good man, but a bit foolish.  

General Labh Singh was apparently going to Pakistan, night before he was killed. His wife said she saw who she thinks was Labh Singh and someone unknown to her leaving in a jeep. Next day his body was found, alone. So perhaps whoever was with him had him set up? Although I'm not sure who it was. Manochahal it's commonly known Sukhwant Vaarchiree, an associate of his switched, probably for cash, I don't believe he was tortured and flipped. 

For a lot of things, we will never find out the truth now. Its gone with the shaheeds. 

28 minutes ago, JS79 said:

I somewhat agree with your points above. Analysing is good and yes i also agree it is a way forward. And yes spotting mistakes is a good quality to have. However personally I don't feel these rules were wrong. I think they showed us an example of how many things should be in regard to weddings and so forth. In my eyes, I see it as parchar.

Parchar is fine bro, but not when done by force. 

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

From what I heard only Babbar Khalsa had a Rehat requirement, while the others were more open to Maryada. (Also they seemed to be the only ones who required their group to have Amritdhari only requirements as well as having a minimum Nitnem memorized requirement). 

Yeah, that's true. They were also the ones who were strictest on civilians, while other groups were generally a bit more relaxed. 

10 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Parchar is fine bro, but not when done by force. 

I am not khalistani but for example, imagine if suddenly we got khalistan. Would we say 'it is unnecessary to ban tobacco, barbers, cinemas, pubs, meat shops, wessing parties etc'. Of course everything would have to transform and live according to khalsa regulations only. Back then the singhs made it the closest thing to khalistan. 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, JS79 said:

I am not khalistani but for example, imagine if suddenly we got khalistan. Would we say 'it is unnecessary to ban tobacco, barbers, cinemas, pubs, meat shops, wessing parties etc'. Of course everything would have to transform and live according to khalsa regulations only. Back then the singhs made it the closest thing to khalistan. 

The Sikh Empire as well as Banda Singh Bahadur's rule, (who was selected by Guru Sahib himself), didn't create rules for civilians that would effect their daily lives. Also what will you do about the 40% Non-Sikhs.

28 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The Sikh Empire as well as Banda Singh Bahadur's rule, (who was selected by Guru Sahib himself), didn't create rules for civilians that would effect their daily lives. Also what will you do about the 40% Non-Sikhs.

Wouldnt everyone live according to their religion. Im not sure. But most likely people other than sikhs wouldnt want to live in khalistan anyways. Even some sikhs may not want to. 

If everything in terms of wrong things were to carry on then why do they need to call it khalistan. Isnt that a bit misleading. The name will not change whats going on at ground level in punjab. Maharaj tells us the definition of a khalsa and say if we miraculously got khalistan shouldnt they atleast try to promote how to live according to a khalsa lifestyle?  For sikhs anyway. E.g. they should really sieve throigh every field and for example stop bhangra groups in colleges and preach dharam. I dont know what other religions would do they might get bored and leave. Khalistan is probably never going to happen its a bit unrealistic but lets see. If they think khalistan is about human rights and equality that is a good idea but that could then happen anywhere. Sikhs dont need land named khalistan we need corruption out of the current system. Khalistan could also become corrupt. It most likely will because the leadership in khalistan will probably be no different to our current leadership. The only difference would be that the current leaders will become stronger and more corrupt. Again, my personal view and i could be totally wrong. Maybe khalistan will have a chardikala panthic singh in charge who is not biased at all and strong to stand by the truth regardless.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Sometimes I wonder if we as a community are in the mess today that we're in because of killing of innocent hindus in 80's 

Like you know the stories of khadkoos bringing out hindus from buses and killing them .And hindu murders elsewhere in punjab back then. 

Guest Jacfsing2
30 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Sometimes I wonder if we as a community are in the mess today that we're in because of killing of innocent hindus in 80's 

Like you know the stories of khadkoos bringing out hindus from buses and killing them .And hindu murders elsewhere in punjab back then. 

Only Black Cats were killing innocent Hindus, and even if 1 or 2 Hindus were wrongfully brought to justice in your view, how many Sikhs were wrongfully killed? Way more than even the best number for the other side.