Lessons to be learnt from the Khalistan Movement

WJKK WJKF! This topic I am starting is not to do nindiyah, to fight with anyone or cause anyone disrespect. I am starting this purely due to my personal interest in the Khalistan Movement. Our Shaheeds who spilt blood will be forever remembered, while our brothers in jails and the familes who lost everything are in constantly in my thoughts. Nowadays the movement kind of gets glorified in the UK, I see a lot of people wear tshirts of certain Shaheed Singhs for fashion, image, repping a jathebandi or just to give it large. Whilst we are all aware of certain individuals who were the enemy e.g. indira, rajiv, beantah, gobind ram, gill and co, I would like to know more about those who were classed as our 'own' and sold the movement out. A LOT of lessons need to be learnt here, while I think this needs to be equally be exposed as much as the stories of our brave Shaheed brothers. Like I said before, this topic is not to cause inter-jatha beef, or for people to argue, lets have a discussion where anyone who has been mentioned as a sell out, can be justified for being one too. The kind of people I am interested in are the roles of Wassan Singh Zaffarwal (who I personally think made a massive kurbani prior to surrendering), Mokham Singh, Jasbir Singh Rode, the role of Simranjeet Singh Mann who I know Baba Manochahal was not a fan of, also I would like to more about any Singhs who sold out on their own jatha which resulted in them becoming shaheed, people such as 'Vanchiri' who had Baba Manochahal done, the guy who had Deepa Herawala done etc.

Lastly,  would be informative to hear views about the ISYF and the stories of them being corrupted and using funds for personal gain. 

All replies will be appreciated and I look forward to learning more and not arguing with anyone. This topic is for educational purposes only so that we can learn from the mistakes of our elders. A lot of these stories will soon never come to light due to people that know the truth getting older etc.  P.S Apologies I know this topic has been touched on before and I have read majority of those before. 

41 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

This is a sympathetic outsiders critical perspective of the movement I posted here a few years ago:

Thanks for replying brother. I have read this book and it is very good. Do you know much about Dhanna Singh from Panthic Commitee and why he left after Sarbat Khalsa and what his role was when he got to the USA?

41 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

This is a sympathetic outsiders critical perspective of the movement I posted here a few years ago:

Thanks for replying brother. I have read this book and it is very good. Do you know much about Dhanna Singh from Panthic Commitee and why he left after Sarbat Khalsa and what his role was when he got to the USA?

7 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

Every year thousands of Sikhs gather together in London UK to commerate the 1984 Sikh genocide. In Punjab this isn't allowed by the police.

This is good but has now become more of a fun day out in the sunshine. From the stories I have heard about the first rally in 1984, when there was lot of anger compared to now is a lot of difference. Another issue, this even is now more about UK based politicians than the actual sangaarsh on the main stage, while none of the resolutions passed here make any difference in Punjab. Dont get me wrong, the remembrance is good and needs to continue, just needs to be a lot more applicable to ground level Punjab.

4 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

During the Khalistan movement, Hindus were terrorised in Punjab. Some 400 were murdered.

Any war is going to have casualties on both side. The Hindus you mention, maybe some of them needed to be eliminated? Just like the Sikhs were in the eyes of the GOI? Its a 2 way thing but people quick to point out murdered hindus, what about the innocent Sikh Sangat that was at the Darbar Sahib during Bluestar? Or what about the innocent college/pind dhe mundeh that were picked up and killed for no reason?