Jump to content
singhbj singh

It is extremely painful to write your own brother’s obituary but it is the only form of expression I have

Recommended Posts

jkvlondon    3,498

despite the obvious love , the sly digs at sikhs who want true sikhi are there, pity he couldn't hold off .for those holding out hope that something rubbed off , it hasn't Sunny still is playing to his script: amritdhari bad , hippy dippy liberal good . Puritanical? has even got a clue of what they did in the name of God ? burned people at the stake , branded people like animals for crimes. 

Waheguru please give him peace and true understanding 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ranjeet01    1,144

One of things I always suspected was Sunny was envious of Jagraj. 

He admitted to it when he called him the "cooler younger brother".

There is only two years between them and the closer the age gap in general the greater the sibling rivalry. 

It must be very difficult for an elder sibling to be in the younger sibling's shadow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jkvlondon    3,498
2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

One of things I always suspected was Sunny was envious of Jagraj. 

He admitted to it when he called him the "cooler younger brother".

There is only two years between them and the closer the age gap in general the greater the sibling rivalry. 

It must be very difficult for an elder sibling to be in the younger sibling's shadow. 

and now he has passed there is never going to be a chance to escape the long shadow ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sukhvirk1976    197
On 05/08/2017 at 0:22 PM, jkvlondon said:

despite the obvious love , the sly digs at sikhs who want true sikhi are there, pity he couldn't hold off .for those holding out hope that something rubbed off , it hasn't Sunny still is playing to his script: amritdhari bad , hippy dippy liberal good . Puritanical? has even got a clue of what they did in the name of God ? burned people at the stake , branded people like animals for crimes. 

Waheguru please give him peace and true understanding 

I really struggle to emphasise with what you are saying when you do not reference any particular points or substantiate what you mean. 

Where in his article does he say amritdhari bad? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sukhvirk1976    197
On 05/08/2017 at 1:35 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

One of things I always suspected was Sunny was envious of Jagraj. 

He admitted to it when he called him the "cooler younger brother".

There is only two years between them and the closer the age gap in general the greater the sibling rivalry. 

It must be very difficult for an elder sibling to be in the younger sibling's shadow. 

This is quite a distorted and presumptuous analysis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ranjeet01    1,144
8 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

This is quite a distorted and presumptuous analysis 

Learn to read between the lines

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akalifauj    791

This coward sunny didn't write a obituary about his brother.  It was about show boating about jagraj's mistakes.  He couldn't resist trying to collect a bigger fan base by trying to hurt the reputation of his dead brother.  Sunny has no shame.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jkvlondon    3,498
42 minutes ago, Wicked Warrior said:

Is it me or did it come across as Sunny putting his brother down frequently throughout the article?

considering he blocked me after I told him to leave sikhs alone to their beliefs  last year, doesn't surprise me at all, he almost suggests that Bhai Sahib's enthusiasm for sikhi was a mistake and made his first marriage fail, created unhappiness in the family...sad really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simran345    2,455
52 minutes ago, Wicked Warrior said:

Is it me or did it come across as Sunny putting his brother down frequently throughout the article?

Don't like to say anything to his family, after Bhai Jagraj Singh passing away, but I felt the same too. It's like it's an explanation in defence of himself in some places of the obtiuary. At first I thought, why is he even bringing those explanations into it. And then I thought, maybe it's me that's interpreted it wrong. But, however it's interpreted, what's written is written and I think there was no need for it, nor to bring his first marriage into it. It's like he was trying to say, "hey look at me too".  And like he was portraying Bhai Jagraj Singh wasn't as humble as he was. God knows why he had to bring aspects of his before-amritdhari life into it, which he portrayed in a negative way. That's my own opinion though, the brotherly bits were sincere, but I thought it was poorly written in places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sukhvirk1976    197
7 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Learn to read between the lines

I'm very capable of reading between the lines and deconstructing text.. But there is reading btw the lines and fanciful leaps of imagination. And I think the accusations made against the writer fall in to the latter. 

I'd be happy to revise my opinion if someone demonstrates how they form those assumptions from that article 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×