Deeper Spiritual Explanation Of Gurbani

Sangat Ji 

WJKK WJKF

I hope it's ok, I just wanted to share a website which I think has a great in depth explanations of Gurbani and deeper spiritual meanings in plethora of articles on all possible subjects. I am in no way connected to the author, I just found his website to be a gem and wanted to share. 

Reflections On Gurbani 

http://www.gurbani.org/articlemenu.php

On 25/07/2017 at 6:14 AM, JotSinghUK said:

which I think has a great in depth explanations of Gurbani and deeper spiritual meanings

That looks a lot like a missionary website. The articles there are not in any great depth but simple translations of some lines of gurbani to try and back up what the writer thinks.

I have read the article of " is gurbani counting beads" which is a missionary article on malas/rosary. The writer has tried to used some lines which contain the words "mala" to portray that using malas is anti-gurmat.

I wold advise members here not to fall prey to this type of missionary nonsense.

JotSingh, I would also recommend www.gurmatveechar.com if you really wish to understand Gurmat in a greater depth.

• 1 month later...

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ 

Can we just agree there is no one "right" way to interpret bani, if one is struggling with spirituality use the atamic definitions, if one struggles with jeevan use the logical definitions.. 

Gurbani is infinite pyareo, no need to limit it, we are sikhs, there is no cap to knowledge.

On 09/09/2017 at 4:48 AM, SoulSingh said:

Can we just agree there is no one "right" way to interpret bani, if one is struggling with spirituality use the atamic definitions, if one struggles with jeevan use the logical definitions.. 

Gurbani is infinite pyareo, no need to limit it, we are sikhs, there is no cap to knowledge.

It is important to have the correct transliterations though. There are people that will misinterpret it for their own agenda and mislead people. So yes there are correct ways to translate it so there aren't different meanings. As well as there is a correct way for the pronunciation. 

However, how it relates to somebody's own life and spirituality is different to each one depending on their circumstances and what it is that they are asking for blessings. 

19 hours ago, simran345 said:

It is important to have the correct translations though. There are people that will misinterpret it for their own agenda and mislead people. So yes there are correct ways to translate it so there aren't different meanings. As well as there is a correct way for the pronunciation. 

However, how it relates to somebody's own life and spirituality is different to each one depending on their circumstances and what it is that they are asking for blessings. 

That's why there should be a council (IMO) to evaluate parcharaks. This council could consist of multiple jathaybandis (as long as they are panthic) these councilers should evaluate each parcharaks kathas and interpret whether they stick to sikhi in there parchar. If they do, these parcharaks should be panth validated, this way no bozo starts using gurbani as a guide to Jesus.. 

21 hours ago, simran345 said:

It is important to have the correct translations though. There are people that will misinterpret it for their own agenda and mislead people. So yes there are correct ways to translate it so there aren't different meanings. As well as there is a correct way for the pronunciation. 

Who's the arbiter of what is the correct translation? 

2 hours ago, SoulSingh said:

That's why there should be a council (IMO) to evaluate parcharaks. This council could consist of multiple jathaybandis (as long as they are panthic) these councilers should evaluate each parcharaks kathas and interpret whether they stick to sikhi in there parchar. If they do, these parcharaks should be panth validated, this way no bozo starts using gurbani as a guide to Jesus.. 

Who decides who is on the council? 

4 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Who's the arbiter of what is the correct translation? 

The websites that I use, shows a drop down list of the scholars that have done the transliterations. But I'm not sure how they've come about to be chosen. But the poetry is lost when they are done, as Gurmukhi is not a language, but a script.