7 hours ago, superkaur said:

Correct interruption and context is the key.

Anyone can quote lines of gurbani to fit in with their narrative or agenda but taking the whole SGGS ji in context and verses of gurbani in correct understanding will make you realise what is being said.

Guru's true role in liberating people is teaching them about God and how to get to God ie  their role is being a spiritual teacher and you being the student (sikh) is to learn how to get there.

Guru is not God nor did any of them claim they was God. Lets stop going around in circles and agree that this is fact because I know you wouldn't be able to produce a verse anywhere that states that a Guru in gurbani says he is God.

Gurbani says it explicitly Har Harjan do-ae ek hai  bib bichar kach nahin Jal te upaje tarang jio jal hi bikhe samae

Guru ji has been called parmeshvar in numerous places in gurbani for example later guru refers to previous in such a way, but the point was to join us to the message and that is what the Guru WAS/IS/SHALL BE , if a saint/brahmgiani is given such a high darja in Sukhmani sahib do you really believe Guru ji to be less?

Guru Nanak Dev ji transformed the worst of sinners with mere kirpa drisht , only possible if above tuk is true , why doubt gurbani?

1 hour ago, simran345 said:

Paji, I know it's about the OP as you've said. So, there wasn't really any reason to bring Bhai Jagraj Singh's name into it. 

Nobody is perfect, are you really that insensitive? Come on, it's only been what a few days, it's a hurtful comment, understand that bit. That's quite immature to pick out mistakes, so soon after his death. And also, I don't think he made any. He did the best he could, and hell of a lot more than people sitting here on a forum moaning and complaining about him. Sometimes in situations as this, it's best not to say anything. I hope you learn from it. 

Being a Parcharak doesn't mean you can say & do anything on a public platform there are do's & don'ts.

If you knew what karma triggered your health problem wouldn't you advice dear one's not to commit the same deeds ?

31 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Being a Parcharak doesn't mean you can say & do anything on a public platform there are do's & don'ts.

If you knew what karma triggered your health problem wouldn't you advice dear one's not to commit the same deeds ?

so speaking the truth that Gurmukhs do not ascribe to Abrahamic thought patterns or standards of mistreaments of non-faith, other faith peoples and females is somehow wrong because it may offend the listener, all the charcha done by hundreds of years of parchaariks when being challenged by unknowledgeable sikhs and 'knowledgeable' people of other faiths  was wrong ??? honestly , I think that is the sheep mentality that is drowning our people in Punjab snap out of it.

A muslim would be angry with me for stating facts about my faith full stop, because he /she believes I have no right to tell others about my faith, to sing Akal Purakh's Gurbani in earshot, to wear arms or a turban , to walk about unaccompanied....are THEY right?? NO

1 minute ago, OneBeing said:

Why are we all arguing amongst ourselves? 

No argument on my part But because One gentleman believes that somehow if a parchaarik says the truth i.e. gurmat and someone finds it objectionable  that somehow the parchaarik has sinned and needs punishment - he pointed out Bhai Jagraj Singh as an example because he developed inoperable cancer. Now that is simply not true and is frankly cowardly and insulting- it's like saying no sikh should speak up for themselves in front of dawah guys or christian missionaries

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, singhbj singh said:

Being a Parcharak doesn't mean you can say & do anything on a public platform there are do's & don'ts

Nobody's asking little mister Internet warrior to do the least bit of help for the world, but for those who are don't be so Beta that you are going to make the Panth look weak as a whole.

1 hour ago, singhbj singh said:

Don't know if you've been seriously emotionally abused as a child, but this is not any real argument to stop any Seva.

Guest Jacfsing2
19 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Ask a doc to give you an estimate of how long back could have the cancer cells developed in Bhai Jugraj Singh's body.

From my own perspective @OneBeing, this is why we are arguing.

43 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

I dont understand what that singhbj person meant. Can you explain?

He's basically saying, that because Bhai Jagraj Singh was doing street parchar and having conversations with Muslims about Sikhi, that was the cause or contribution towards him becoming ill. Very narrow minded and pathetic thinking. 

Now you know what to expect if you do parchar, this is the bakwas you will have to hear from people who have no consideration for those that have made a difference to the Panth and helped not only youth, but adults also to connect to Sikhi. Who needs enemies when your own are belittling good soul's names. 

You should be ashamed singhbj. I'm done with u.