simran345    2,426

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji are our Living Guru, not a physical book. 

simran345    2,426
6 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Ask a doc to give you an estimate of how long back could have the cancer cells developed in Bhai Jugraj Singh's body.

There was no need for all this to insult Bhai Jagraj Singh ji like this. He's only just passed away, have some compassion at least. 

• Like 3

superkaur    320
2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Guru Sahib isn't limited to a body. Also nobody made a physical representation of him. 

Yes guru is not limited to the physical body but lets not get confused that its a Guru and its not God. Guru is a Guru ie a teacher and in context of Sikhi Guru he is our spiritual teacher on earth.

Waheguru = Is the almighty God.

The Guru's in SGGS Ji not once said they are God. The bhagats, sants, pirs and Guru's may have refereed to other Guru's having God like qualities in metaphoric terms but they didn't directly say explicitly (to their followers) that they are God that must be worshiped.

In fact Guru nanak says he can not even be a sacrifice to God cos God is like the vast ocean and human beings as mere drops of water there is no comparison. I think in gurbani Guru nanak says a Guru is like a boat (a spiritual messanger) that ferries souls across the ocean (physical world) to the other side (afterlife to God).

If Sikhs on this forum dont even know the difference that the Guru and God are not one and the same then no wonder the youth are confused and abrahmics are quick to pounce and lure them into their cults.

Edited by superkaur
  • Like 1

Jacfsing2    1,845
7 minutes ago, superkaur said:

The Guru's in SGGS Ji not once said they are God. The bhagats, sants, pirs and Guru's may have refereed to other Guru's having God like qualities in metaphoric terms but they didn't directly say explicitly (to their followers) that they are God that must be worshiped.

What's the difference between any line of Gurbani, they are all equal. Also it's pretty explicitly said, but instead of that argument. Explain what Guru Sahib's true role for liberating people is according to you?

11 minutes ago, superkaur said:

If Sikhs on this forum dont even know the difference that the Guru and God are not one and the same then no wonder the youth are confused and abrahmics are quick to pounce and lure them into their cults.

Don't be that one person with the false-inflated ego, we have enough of those on this site, and many of us have met those types in real life. Also stop trying to bring-in a false comparison, between believing Guru Sahib is God to accepting Jesus or Muhammad as the new leaders of their life.

superkaur    320
18 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

What's the difference between any line of Gurbani, they are all equal. Also it's pretty explicitly said, but instead of that argument. Explain what Guru Sahib's true role for liberating people is according to you?

Don't be that one person with the false-inflated ego, we have enough of those on this site, and many of us have met those types in real life. Also stop trying to bring-in a false comparison, between believing Guru Sahib is God to accepting Jesus or Muhammad as the new leaders of their life.

Correct interruption and context is the key.

Anyone can quote lines of gurbani to fit in with their narrative or agenda but taking the whole SGGS ji in context and verses of gurbani in correct understanding will make you realise what is being said.

Guru's true role in liberating people is teaching them about God and how to get to God ie  their role is being a spiritual teacher and you being the student (sikh) is to learn how to get there.

Guru is not God nor did any of them claim they was God. Lets stop going around in circles and agree that this is fact because I know you wouldn't be able to produce a verse anywhere that states that a Guru in gurbani says he is God.

Jacfsing2    1,845
12 minutes ago, superkaur said:

Guru is not God nor did any of them claim they was God. Lets stop going around in circles and agree that this is fact because I know you wouldn't be able to produce a verse anywhere that states that a Guru in gurbani says he is God.

I just posted explicit lines and you keep rambling that I can't post any, do you not believe every line from Gurbani is the same? Are you autistic or something? "ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਹੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ  ਕੋਇ  
वाहु वाहु बाणी निरंकार है तिसु जेवडु अवरु न कोइ ॥ 
vāhu vāhu baṇī nirankār hai ṯis jevad avar na ko▫e. 
Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani, the Word, of the Formless Lord. There is no other as great as He is. " (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 515), this was written by Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Amar Das Ji and even still if you are going to play dumb, this is my last response to you to on this site.

• Like 1

Kira    1,219
1 hour ago, superkaur said:

Yes guru is not limited to the physical body but lets not get confused that its a Guru and its not God. Guru is a Guru ie a teacher and in context of Sikhi Guru he is our spiritual teacher on earth.

Waheguru = Is the almighty God.

In fact Guru nanak says he can not even be a sacrifice to God cos God is like the vast ocean and human beings as mere drops of water there is no comparison. I think in gurbani Guru nanak says a Guru is like a boat (a spiritual messanger) that ferries souls across the ocean (physical world) to the other side (afterlife to God).

Guru Nanak Dev Ji WAS  Waheguru as there is no difference between God and his servants. The reason Guru Nanak Dev Ji never said it out loud was because the last time people started down that path it ended with their teachings being distorted and warped. If that doesn't convince you then just read Gurbani 

ਜੋਤਿ ਰੂਪਿ ਹਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਕਹਾਯਉ ॥

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੁ ॥ <- that literally says that the Guru and the Lord are one. Why do you think Gurbani is full of that same message, again and again and again. Fun fact that was written by Guru Arjun Dev Ji, Do you want a translation of it too? Know that the Guru and the Transcendent Lord are One. 

Sukhamani Sahib has an entire Astpadhi dedicated to brahmgyanis (the beings aware of God and enlightened) and Guru Sahib flat out says they're God. 

Water has in its 3 forms is given different names but at the end of the day it's always going to be H2O. God has limitless forms, but he exists in Sargun and Nirgun forms as well. Nirgun is the original form but Sargun is also God but God with characteristics and attribution. Humans are unable to comprehend anything unless they see it so God entered the world as Guru Nanak Dev Ji.  You're free to quote any Sant or Mahapurkh and they will say that exact thing. Guru Nanak Dev Ji was God. 

This concept is ingrained within Gurmukhi itself, Feel free to quote any text written from the time of the Gurus to about 100 years after and its all there. You're telling other people to take the SGGSJ as a whole but you're unsure about the highlighted verse.

Are you sure you're a Sikh? So are the banis by the other authors less important? Guru Arjun Dev Ji complied the Adi Bir and he included it all within it. Including the verses calling the Gurus God. He put it in there as it's the truth. Will you now say that you suddenly knew better than him? the stale argument that because Guru Sahib never said it outright so it's not true is truly grasping for straws. Bhai Gurdas Ji flat out calls Guru Nanak Dev Ji God, so is he wrong? the "random person's book" you refused to read is a noted brahmgyani, Gurbani as a whole says Guru=God. 

Ask yourself this, Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the most humble being that ever walked the Earth. He wouldn't utter a statement such as that, no humble person would.

Makes me think as I was in the same boat as this user about 2ish years ago. Thank god I snapped out of it.

Edited by Kira
  • Like 3

simran345    2,426
5 hours ago, Kira said:

Guru Nanak Dev Ji WAS  Waheguru as there is no difference between God and his servants. The reason Guru Nanak Dev Ji never said it out loud was because the last time people started down that path it ended with their teachings being distorted and warped. If that doesn't convince you then just read Gurbani 

ਜੋਤਿ ਰੂਪਿ ਹਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਕਹਾਯਉ ॥

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੁ ॥ <- that literally says that the Guru and the Lord are one. Why do you think Gurbani is full of that same message, again and again and again. Fun fact that was written by Guru Arjun Dev Ji, Do you want a translation of it too? Know that the Guru and the Transcendent Lord are One. 

Sukhamani Sahib has an entire Astpadhi dedicated to brahmgyanis (the beings aware of God and enlightened) and Guru Sahib flat out says they're God. 

Water has in its 3 forms is given different names but at the end of the day it's always going to be H2O. God has limitless forms, but he exists in Sargun and Nirgun forms as well. Nirgun is the original form but Sargun is also God but God with characteristics and attribution. Humans are unable to comprehend anything unless they see it so God entered the world as Guru Nanak Dev Ji.  You're free to quote any Sant or Mahapurkh and they will say that exact thing. Guru Nanak Dev Ji was God. 

This concept is ingrained within Gurmukhi itself, Feel free to quote any text written from the time of the Gurus to about 100 years after and its all there. You're telling other people to take the SGGSJ as a whole but you're unsure about the highlighted verse.

Are you sure you're a Sikh? So are the banis by the other authors less important? Guru Arjun Dev Ji complied the Adi Bir and he included it all within it. Including the verses calling the Gurus God. He put it in there as it's the truth. Will you now say that you suddenly knew better than him? the stale argument that because Guru Sahib never said it outright so it's not true is truly grasping for straws. Bhai Gurdas Ji flat out calls Guru Nanak Dev Ji God, so is he wrong? the "random person's book" you refused to read is a noted brahmgyani, Gurbani as a whole says Guru=God. 

Ask yourself this, Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the most humble being that ever walked the Earth. He wouldn't utter a statement such as that, no humble person would.

Makes me think as I was in the same boat as this user about 2ish years ago. Thank god I snapped out of it.

Agree. 

singhbj singh    1,136
8 hours ago, simran345 said:

There was no need for all this to insult Bhai Jagraj Singh ji like this. He's only just passed away, have some compassion at least. 

Bheinji this thread is about Onebeing the OP not Bhai Jagraj Singh.

Nobody is perfect so in order to progress we must learn from mistakes made by predecessors.

simran345    2,426
8 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Bheinji this thread is about Onebeing the OP not Bhai Jagraj Singh.

Paji, I know it's about the OP as you've said. So, there wasn't really any reason to bring Bhai Jagraj Singh's name into it. 

8 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Nobody is perfect so in order to progress we must learn from mistakes made by predecessors.

Nobody is perfect, are you really that insensitive? Come on, it's only been what a few days, it's a hurtful comment, understand that bit. That's quite immature to pick out mistakes, so soon after his death. And also, I don't think he made any. He did the best he could, and hell of a lot more than people sitting here on a forum moaning and complaining about him. Sometimes in situations as this, it's best not to say anything. I hope you learn from it. 

Edited by simran345
Changed word.
  • Like 1

jkvlondon    3,419
7 hours ago, superkaur said:

Correct interruption and context is the key.

Anyone can quote lines of gurbani to fit in with their narrative or agenda but taking the whole SGGS ji in context and verses of gurbani in correct understanding will make you realise what is being said.

Guru's true role in liberating people is teaching them about God and how to get to God ie  their role is being a spiritual teacher and you being the student (sikh) is to learn how to get there.

Gurbani says it explicitly Har Harjan do-ae ek hai  bib bichar kach nahin Jal te upaje tarang jio jal hi bikhe samae

Guru ji has been called parmeshvar in numerous places in gurbani for example later guru refers to previous in such a way, but the point was to join us to the message and that is what the Guru WAS/IS/SHALL BE , if a saint/brahmgiani is given such a high darja in Sukhmani sahib do you really believe Guru ji to be less?

Guru Nanak Dev ji transformed the worst of sinners with mere kirpa drisht , only possible if above tuk is true , why doubt gurbani?

singhbj singh    1,136
1 hour ago, simran345 said:

Paji, I know it's about the OP as you've said. So, there wasn't really any reason to bring Bhai Jagraj Singh's name into it. 

Nobody is perfect, are you really that insensitive? Come on, it's only been what a few days, it's a hurtful comment, understand that bit. That's quite immature to pick out mistakes, so soon after his death. And also, I don't think he made any. He did the best he could, and hell of a lot more than people sitting here on a forum moaning and complaining about him. Sometimes in situations as this, it's best not to say anything. I hope you learn from it. 

Being a Parcharak doesn't mean you can say & do anything on a public platform there are do's & don'ts.

If you knew what karma triggered your health problem wouldn't you advice dear one's not to commit the same deeds ?

dallysingh101    1,583
7 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Being a Parcharak doesn't mean you can say & do anything on a public platform there are do's & don'ts.

If you knew what karma triggered your health problem wouldn't you advice dear one's not to commit the same deeds ?

Admin should permanently ban this guy for being retarded. 

jkvlondon    3,419
31 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

so speaking the truth that Gurmukhs do not ascribe to Abrahamic thought patterns or standards of mistreaments of non-faith, other faith peoples and females is somehow wrong because it may offend the listener, all the charcha done by hundreds of years of parchaariks when being challenged by unknowledgeable sikhs and 'knowledgeable' people of other faiths  was wrong ??? honestly , I think that is the sheep mentality that is drowning our people in Punjab snap out of it.

A muslim would be angry with me for stating facts about my faith full stop, because he /she believes I have no right to tell others about my faith, to sing Akal Purakh's Gurbani in earshot, to wear arms or a turban , to walk about unaccompanied....are THEY right?? NO

OneBeing    31

Why are we all arguing amongst ourselves? 

Edited by OneBeing