52 posts in this topic

I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel about sikhi and do parchar like Basics Of Sikhi on Gurbani meanings/naam.

Should I start this or just join Basics Of Sikhi???

Edited by OneBeing

It's better to learn tricks of trade before starting your own channel.

Just don't make the same blunder as Bhai Jugraj Singh of debating & hurting sentiments of Muslims.

If you do Shabad Vichaar, there are a number of verses which teach not to hurt feelings of any soul as Almighty resides inside all !

Even baad-vivaad is bibarjit.

It is better to seek council of learned, subdue manmat so that one doesnot make unforgivable mistakes.

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Just don't make the same blunder as Bhai Jugraj Singh of debating & hurting sentiments of Muslims.

If you do Shabad Vichaar, there are a number of verses which teach not to hurt feelings of any soul as Almighty resides inside all !

Even baad-vivaad is bibarjit.

It is better to seek council of learned, subdue manmat so that one doesnot make unforgivable mistakes.

So i can make one, but i have to avoid debates? 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

That is a very tricky thing to do. What influenced your passion for wanting to make a parcharik video account? I think it is dangerous to start a parcharik account if the individual is not a brahmgyani (not saying you are one or that you are not), because if something is preached in the name of Sikhi through parchar that is not gurmat then it can lead to a lot of negative karmas upon oneself. It may be best to be an observer (and practice personal bhakti) until that high avastha is reached.. These are just my two cents about becoming a parcharik. If something is not known for sure, it is better to keep quiet or to clarify that you do not know for sure. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

That is a very tricky thing to do. What influenced your passion for wanting to make a parcharik video account? I think it is dangerous to start a parcharik account if the individual is not a brahmgyani (not saying you are one or that you are not), because if something is preached in the name of Sikhi through parchar that is not gurmat then it can lead to a lot of negative karmas upon oneself. It may be best to be an observer (and practice personal bhakti) until that high avastha is reached.. These are just my two cents about becoming a parcharik. If something is not known for sure, it is better to keep quiet or to clarify that you do not know for sure. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Was bhai jagraj singh a brahmgyani when he started basics of sikhi? No, but he still did it.

Did he have knowledge on sikhi? Yes. Did live by the code of conduct? Yes.

I believe that I have knowledge and will try my best to make quality content that covers all aspects in detail. 

It will be for people who dont know about sikhi and want to learn about its teachings etc.

1 hour ago, OneBeing said:

I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel about sikhi and do parchar like Basics Of Sikhi on Gurbani meanings/naam.

Should I start this or just join Basics Of Sikhi???

To understand why Basics Of Sikhi got popular on YouTube, is because he understood the need to teach people about Sikhi without mixing Jatha-ideology. According to the Algorithm of YouTube, there are only 2 ways you can be popular:

1. Make a Viral video

2. Post the maximum, while minimizing quality.

If you want to join a pre-existing group like BasicsOfSikhi you get a huge support, and from what I've seen the don't really prevent people from going off from the template prachar leaflet, so you are reasonably free; however if you absolutely don't agree with their views, it's best to start your own Youtube Channel.

My advice to you is don't do this popularity, but rather for love of Guru Sahib, especially since you will have an extremely hard time starting of. Vaheguru bless your goals.:waheguru:

1 person likes this

Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

To understand why Basics Of Sikhi got popular on YouTube, is because he understood the need to teach people about Sikhi without mixing Jatha-ideology. According to the Algorithm of YouTube, there are only 2 ways you can be popular:

1. Make a Viral video

2. Post the maximum, while minimizing quality.

If you want to join a pre-existing group like BasicsOfSikhi you get a huge support, and from what I've seen the don't really prevent people from going off from the template prachar leaflet, so you are reasonably free; however if you absolutely don't agree with their views, it's best to start your own Youtube Channel.

My advice to you is don't do this popularity, but rather for love of Guru Sahib, especially since you will have an extremely hard time starting of. Vaheguru bless your goals.:waheguru:

I'm not in this for views, money or personal gain!

I am heavily experienced with business and YouTube and if i wanted to, i could easily get many many views and subscribers coming in to the channel. I could get millions.

Is that my aim? No.

I look around YouTube and see new Sikhi related channels being created for english speaking people. So people are clearly waking up and spreading the truth.

I have been watching basics of sikhi for 3 years now and have learnt a lot. I have been pained by the passing of Bhai Jagraj Singh and feel the need to do something too. I will probably just join BOS because its already a developed charity and i believe i can help it grow and develop too.

7 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

I'm not in this for views, money or personal gain!

I am heavily experienced with business and YouTube and if i wanted to, i could easily get many many views and subscribers coming in to the channel. I could get millions.

Is that my aim? No.

I look around YouTube and see new Sikhi related channels being created for english speaking people. So people are clearly waking up and spreading the truth.

I have been watching basics of sikhi for 3 years now and have learnt a lot. I have been pained by the passing of Bhai Jagraj Singh and feel the need to do something too. I will probably just join BOS because its already a developed charity and i believe i can help it grow and develop too.

Good for you, but it is still important to understand the way YouTube works as well as basic marketing to make people view your channel for Sikhi as well. BasicsOfSikhi despite doing this for Guru Sahib as well, still has to promote their videos because of educating the most people possible. But if you are good at understanding stuff like that, you'd probably be efficient working with them as well as your own personal YouTube Channel where you can go in-depth. Or doing Seva for BasicsOfSikhi as the Seva equivalent of a marketer.

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Good for you, but it is still important to understand the way YouTube works as well as basic marketing to make people view your channel for Sikhi as well. BasicsOfSikhi despite doing this for Guru Sahib as well, still has to promote their videos because of educating the most people possible. But if you are good at understanding stuff like that, you'd probably be efficient working with them as well as your own personal YouTube Channel where you can go in-depth. Or doing Seva for BasicsOfSikhi as the Seva equivalent of a marketer.

Yes i am aware of the whole system of YouTube and its algorithm. I've studied various ways in which the biggest businessmen and youtubers market and reach their audiences.

So I'll be pretty good at "marketing" which is definately one of my strongest fields.

Ive had at least 7 plus years of experience with social media and have almost mastered ways in which large groups of people are reached and manipulated by businesses.

: )

I would say its great if you want to start your own sikhi parchar channel but before you do. Think if you have enough knowledge of sikhi or not? I would steer clear of controversial subjects that can divide people.

If you do and you think it will be a positive thing for sikhi and sikh community then go for it.

The best subjects to make videos on is to answer the fundamentals of sikhi. Like answering peoples questions. e.g some ignorant people say we worship 10 gods when we only worship 1. Some say we worship a book put it to bed,etc when we bow down to SGGS ji as sign of respect and reverence not worship, etc.

So answering the basics questions and queries will help dispel the misconceptions people have about sikhi.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, superkaur said:

Some say we worship a book put it to bed,etc when we bow down to SGGS ji as sign of respect and reverence not worship, etc

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Vaheguru! Recommend you read Bhai Randhir Singh's book: Is Bowing to Guru Granth Sahib Akin to Idol Worship

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, superkaur said:

I would say its great if you want to start your own sikhi parchar channel but before you do. Think if you have enough knowledge of sikhi or not? I would steer clear of controversial subjects that can divide people.

If you do and you think it will be a positive thing for sikhi and sikh community then go for it.

The best subjects to make videos on is to answer the fundamentals of sikhi. Like answering peoples questions. e.g some ignorant people say we worship 10 gods when we only worship 1. Some say we worship a book put it to bed,etc when we bow down to SGGS ji as sign of respect and reverence not worship, etc.

So answering the basics questions and queries will help dispel the misconceptions people have about sikhi.

Of course i will do just that. Any videos sikhs want me to make, i will make.

Are you mad? 

4 people like this

32 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Are you mad? 

Ask a doc to give you an estimate of how long back could have the cancer cells developed in Bhai Jugraj Singh's body.

One being,

It is better to be under confident coz it gives a chance to learn grow.

Being over confident won't let you learn will result in downfall.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

One being,

It is better to be under confident coz it gives a chance to learn grow.

Being over confident won't let you learn will result in downfall.

Ok, I'll  be under confident.

6 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

2 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Ask a doc to give you an estimate of how long back could have the cancer cells developed in Bhai Jugraj Singh's body.

Bhai Jugraj Singh Ji, told it as it was from Sikhi perspective. He told 100% truth. What are you implying, huh?

All the dawah guys -Imran, Hamza, Ali, Mohamed, Musa etc. Had respect for Bhai sahib, just watch the debates.

What are you alluding? Bhai sahib never disrespected any faith. Have you heard of Tommy Robinson, Alex Jones, Rebel Media? Question - what about these guys on social media? They are out right insulting Islam and have been for years. They appear fit and healthy. Pls don't fall for stupid YouTube videos claiming look what happens to people debating Islam.

2 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

If you're suggesting what I think you're suggesting.......

What are you? Like another pacifist or something? You think Sikhs in the UK are going to get anywhere by constantly sticking their tails in between their legs and not confronting other communities? 

Where the hell are you living? 

3 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

he may have had it from 1984 and it grew slowly just like steve jobs one but what are you trying to imply? You reckon rebutting muslim attacks and christian attacks on sikhi and its message, makes this somehow a punishment for that ? ARE YOU MAD OR JUST A COWARD?

Edited by jkvlondon
4 people like this

5 hours ago, OneBeing said:

Yes i am aware of the whole system of YouTube and its algorithm. I've studied various ways in which the biggest businessmen and youtubers market and reach their audiences.

So I'll be pretty good at "marketing" which is definately one of my strongest fields.

Ive had at least 7 plus years of experience with social media and have almost mastered ways in which large groups of people are reached and manipulated by businesses.

: )

youtube and marketing experience aside , how's your sikhi, how's your abhiyaas going? Can you debate without being riled ? If you want to do this join BOS Parchaarik school and learn the ropes and support them  not divide the audience. They need up and coming sikhs to get behind them and their projects

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

I'm not one to use swearing, but F*ck you and what are you trying to say? People don't get cancer from standing-up for what's right, Bhai Jugraj Singh was only trying to do his best to keep the Isaat of Guru Sahib high, and I don't even agree with most of what he said on BasicsOfSikhi. You'd probably say the same to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji and say he got smallpox because he didn't bow to Aurangzeb!

3 people like this

Way too much Tamo Gun being expressed on this site, no wonder why it only has a handful of hardcore posters now and the MODS are clearly super lax - good or bad depending on the age of visitors coming to learn about a Sikhi. How about STAMPING an 18+ sign or warning before logging in, just so they know what type of language might be used on the site. Possibly requires a separate post :waheguru:

Edited by InderjitS
3 people like this

6 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Vaheguru!

Recommend you read Bhai Randhir Singh's book: Is Bowing to Guru Granth Sahib Akin to Idol Worship

Are you feeling ok? Cos your falling into blasphemy here bro.

I don't want to read no book by some random guy when its just common sense that SGGS Ji is called Guru for a reason and Not Waheguru. Also Guru gobind singh ji stated "guru maneyo granth" and passed the guruship to SGGS Ji he didnt say Waheguru maneyo SGGS Ji.

None of the Guru's said they were Waheguru anyone who states this is committing a grace sin against them and Sikhi.

Edited by superkaur

17 minutes ago, superkaur said:

Are you feeling ok? Cos your falling into blasphemy here bro.

I don't want to read no book by some random guy when its just common sense that SGGS Ji is called Guru for a reason and Not Waheguru. Also Guru gobind singh ji stated "guru maneyo granth" and passed the guruship to SGGS Ji he didnt say Waheguru maneyo SGGS Ji.

None of the Guru's said they were Waheguru anyone who states this is committing a grace sin against them and Sikhi.

shabad Guru Surat Dhun Chela ... shabad is the jot, jot is parmeshvar don't forget Guru ji is app Parmeshvar

3 people like this