Jump to content

Recommended Posts

OneBeing    34

I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel about sikhi and do parchar like Basics Of Sikhi on Gurbani meanings/naam.

Should I start this or just join Basics Of Sikhi???

Edited by OneBeing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singhbj singh    1,179

It's better to learn tricks of trade before starting your own channel.

Just don't make the same blunder as Bhai Jugraj Singh of debating & hurting sentiments of Muslims.

If you do Shabad Vichaar, there are a number of verses which teach not to hurt feelings of any soul as Almighty resides inside all !

Even baad-vivaad is bibarjit.

It is better to seek council of learned, subdue manmat so that one doesnot make unforgivable mistakes.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OneBeing    34
14 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

It's better to learn tricks of trade before starting your own channel.

Just don't make the same blunder as Bhai Jugraj Singh of debating & hurting sentiments of Muslims.

If you do Shabad Vichaar, there are a number of verses which teach not to hurt feelings of any soul as Almighty resides inside all !

Even baad-vivaad is bibarjit.

It is better to seek council of learned, subdue manmat so that one doesnot make unforgivable mistakes.

 

So i can make one, but i have to avoid debates? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Preeet    543

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

That is a very tricky thing to do. What influenced your passion for wanting to make a parcharik video account? I think it is dangerous to start a parcharik account if the individual is not a brahmgyani (not saying you are one or that you are not), because if something is preached in the name of Sikhi through parchar that is not gurmat then it can lead to a lot of negative karmas upon oneself. It may be best to be an observer (and practice personal bhakti) until that high avastha is reached.. These are just my two cents about becoming a parcharik. If something is not known for sure, it is better to keep quiet or to clarify that you do not know for sure. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OneBeing    34
2 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

That is a very tricky thing to do. What influenced your passion for wanting to make a parcharik video account? I think it is dangerous to start a parcharik account if the individual is not a brahmgyani (not saying you are one or that you are not), because if something is preached in the name of Sikhi through parchar that is not gurmat then it can lead to a lot of negative karmas upon oneself. It may be best to be an observer (and practice personal bhakti) until that high avastha is reached.. These are just my two cents about becoming a parcharik. If something is not known for sure, it is better to keep quiet or to clarify that you do not know for sure. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Was bhai jagraj singh a brahmgyani when he started basics of sikhi? No, but he still did it.

Did he have knowledge on sikhi? Yes. Did live by the code of conduct? Yes.

I believe that I have knowledge and will try my best to make quality content that covers all aspects in detail. 

It will be for people who dont know about sikhi and want to learn about its teachings etc.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, OneBeing said:

I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel about sikhi and do parchar like Basics Of Sikhi on Gurbani meanings/naam.

Should I start this or just join Basics Of Sikhi???

To understand why Basics Of Sikhi got popular on YouTube, is because he understood the need to teach people about Sikhi without mixing Jatha-ideology. According to the Algorithm of YouTube, there are only 2 ways you can be popular:

1. Make a Viral video

2. Post the maximum, while minimizing quality.

If you want to join a pre-existing group like BasicsOfSikhi you get a huge support, and from what I've seen the don't really prevent people from going off from the template prachar leaflet, so you are reasonably free; however if you absolutely don't agree with their views, it's best to start your own Youtube Channel.

My advice to you is don't do this popularity, but rather for love of Guru Sahib, especially since you will have an extremely hard time starting of. Vaheguru bless your goals.:waheguru:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OneBeing    34
Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

To understand why Basics Of Sikhi got popular on YouTube, is because he understood the need to teach people about Sikhi without mixing Jatha-ideology. According to the Algorithm of YouTube, there are only 2 ways you can be popular:

1. Make a Viral video

2. Post the maximum, while minimizing quality.

If you want to join a pre-existing group like BasicsOfSikhi you get a huge support, and from what I've seen the don't really prevent people from going off from the template prachar leaflet, so you are reasonably free; however if you absolutely don't agree with their views, it's best to start your own Youtube Channel.

My advice to you is don't do this popularity, but rather for love of Guru Sahib, especially since you will have an extremely hard time starting of. Vaheguru bless your goals.:waheguru:

 

I'm not in this for views, money or personal gain!

I am heavily experienced with business and YouTube and if i wanted to, i could easily get many many views and subscribers coming in to the channel. I could get millions.

Is that my aim? No.

I look around YouTube and see new Sikhi related channels being created for english speaking people. So people are clearly waking up and spreading the truth.

I have been watching basics of sikhi for 3 years now and have learnt a lot. I have been pained by the passing of Bhai Jagraj Singh and feel the need to do something too. I will probably just join BOS because its already a developed charity and i believe i can help it grow and develop too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
7 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

I'm not in this for views, money or personal gain!

I am heavily experienced with business and YouTube and if i wanted to, i could easily get many many views and subscribers coming in to the channel. I could get millions.

Is that my aim? No.

I look around YouTube and see new Sikhi related channels being created for english speaking people. So people are clearly waking up and spreading the truth.

I have been watching basics of sikhi for 3 years now and have learnt a lot. I have been pained by the passing of Bhai Jagraj Singh and feel the need to do something too. I will probably just join BOS because its already a developed charity and i believe i can help it grow and develop too.

Good for you, but it is still important to understand the way YouTube works as well as basic marketing to make people view your channel for Sikhi as well. BasicsOfSikhi despite doing this for Guru Sahib as well, still has to promote their videos because of educating the most people possible. But if you are good at understanding stuff like that, you'd probably be efficient working with them as well as your own personal YouTube Channel where you can go in-depth. Or doing Seva for BasicsOfSikhi as the Seva equivalent of a marketer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OneBeing    34
48 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Good for you, but it is still important to understand the way YouTube works as well as basic marketing to make people view your channel for Sikhi as well. BasicsOfSikhi despite doing this for Guru Sahib as well, still has to promote their videos because of educating the most people possible. But if you are good at understanding stuff like that, you'd probably be efficient working with them as well as your own personal YouTube Channel where you can go in-depth. Or doing Seva for BasicsOfSikhi as the Seva equivalent of a marketer.

Yes i am aware of the whole system of YouTube and its algorithm. I've studied various ways in which the biggest businessmen and youtubers market and reach their audiences.

So I'll be pretty good at "marketing" which is definately one of my strongest fields.

Ive had at least 7 plus years of experience with social media and have almost mastered ways in which large groups of people are reached and manipulated by businesses.

 

: )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superkaur    322

I would say its great if you want to start your own sikhi parchar channel but before you do. Think if you have enough knowledge of sikhi or not? I would steer clear of controversial subjects that can divide people.

If you do and you think it will be a positive thing for sikhi and sikh community then go for it.

The best subjects to make videos on is to answer the fundamentals of sikhi. Like answering peoples questions. e.g some ignorant people say we worship 10 gods when we only worship 1. Some say we worship a book put it to bed,etc when we bow down to SGGS ji as sign of respect and reverence not worship, etc.

So answering the basics questions and queries will help dispel the misconceptions people have about sikhi.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
2 minutes ago, superkaur said:

Some say we worship a book put it to bed,etc when we bow down to SGGS ji as sign of respect and reverence not worship, etc

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Vaheguru! Recommend you read Bhai Randhir Singh's book: Is Bowing to Guru Granth Sahib Akin to Idol Worship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OneBeing    34
23 minutes ago, superkaur said:

I would say its great if you want to start your own sikhi parchar channel but before you do. Think if you have enough knowledge of sikhi or not? I would steer clear of controversial subjects that can divide people.

If you do and you think it will be a positive thing for sikhi and sikh community then go for it.

The best subjects to make videos on is to answer the fundamentals of sikhi. Like answering peoples questions. e.g some ignorant people say we worship 10 gods when we only worship 1. Some say we worship a book put it to bed,etc when we bow down to SGGS ji as sign of respect and reverence not worship, etc.

So answering the basics questions and queries will help dispel the misconceptions people have about sikhi.

 

Of course i will do just that. Any videos sikhs want me to make, i will make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singhbj singh    1,179
32 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Are you mad? 

Ask a doc to give you an estimate of how long back could have the cancer cells developed in Bhai Jugraj Singh's body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singhbj singh    1,179

One being,

It is better to be under confident coz it gives a chance to learn grow.

Being over confident won't let you learn will result in downfall.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×