WJKK WJKF

Does anyone know any amrit sanchars coming up in the Birmingham (UK) area?
(No jatha, my practice is going to the normal maryada)
If someone could tell me the earliest one coming up, then sangat ji I am blessed to be taking amrit on this day.

22nd July (TOMORROW) @ baba Deep Singh's gurdwara, Holyhead rd, Handsworth. The Amrith Sanchaar will take place in Khalsa house at 7pm. Kakkars will be provided 

**Remember that panj Singh are never bound by any jatha :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AjaipalSingh said:

22nd July (TOMORROW) @ baba Deep Singh's gurdwara, Holyhead rd, Handsworth. The Amrith Sanchaar will take place in Khalsa house at 7pm. Kakkars will be provided 

**Remember that panj Singh are never bound by any jatha :)

But won't the panj pyare say the maryada according to the AKJ?

47 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

what do naam abihaas, panj banianin morning, sodar rehras sandiya vele and kirtan Sohila ? keep your punj kakkar ang sang? no bujjar kurehit ...every punj gives same instruction stop making objections....the only panj I found objectionable was over thirty years ago in Barking non-jatha affiliated and told bibian it was ok to wear their sona, earrings, makeup and abhilakhees could eat fish and maas all whilst conducting sanchar in full view of non-abhilakhees(through glass wall)

Guest Jacfsing2
19 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

what do naam abihaas, panj banianin morning, sodar rehras sandiya vele and kirtan Sohila ? keep your punj kakkar ang sang? no bujjar kurehit ...every punj gives same instruction stop making objections....the only panj I found objectionable was over thirty years ago in Barking non-jatha affiliated and told bibian it was ok to wear their sona, earrings, makeup and abhilakhees could eat fish and maas all whilst conducting sanchar in full view of non-abhilakhees(through glass wall)

Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale said women shouldn't be allowed in the Punj Pyare, while Bhai Randhir Singh endorsed it. One of them is clearly right and the other is clearly wrong, the question is who? 

1 minute ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale said women shouldn't be allowed in the Punj Pyare, while Bhai Randhir Singh endorsed it. One of them is clearly right and the other is clearly wrong, the question is who? 

I haven't seen a female in a panj yet ....akj or otherwise

Guest Jacfsing2
On 7/21/2017 at 10:31 AM, jkvlondon said:

I haven't seen a female in a panj yet ....akj or otherwise

*As well as the issue of Raag mala, (which modern AKJs don't accept). http://www.damdamitaksaal.org/history/leaders/46-sant-giani-gurbachan-singh-ji-khalsa-bhindranwale/84-the-last-time-sant-giani-gurbachan-singh-and-bhai-sahib-bhai-randir-singh-met (Will edit when further evidence and real sources are found).

Edited by Jacfsing2
Waiting for sources.

1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

I agree. Also find a panj piyaraay that follow maryada and know how to use shastar, and don't just play dress up with bana which many do unfortunately!

16 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I heard that some panj piyaraay give a special naam dhrir. Also, you're right, panj piaaray should not encourage khulla maas and instead should encourage jhatka and hunting as part of maryada,

You had an objection yet you say the contrary statement that all panj follow same maryada??? This is an interesting take on this issue from Ranjit Singh. I don't agree with everything in this video, but somethings are true.

15 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

I agree. Also find a panj piyaraay that follow maryada and know how to use shastar, and don't just play dress up with bana which many do unfortunately!

I heard that some panj piyaraay give a special naam dhrir. Also, you're right, panj piaaray should not encourage khulla maas and instead should encourage jhatka and hunting as part of maryada,

You had an objection yet you say the contrary statement that all panj follow same maryada??? This is an interesting take on this issue from Ranjit Singh. I don't agree with everything in this video, but somethings are true.

That Barking Panj even went out of normal rehit as told to Indian abhilakhees , it wasn't a gupt scenario i.e. abhilakhee and panj . My Mum and Dad were abhilakhees and it shocked my Mum as she had amrit before in India before Marriage(forced to abandon kakkars by elders when engaged) by Kaleran wale Sant Isher Singh ji and she called out the bad advice

If you are planning to have amrit you should look at jeevan of panj for depth of bhagti rather than especially worrying about shaster vidhiya since the level of their bhagti will directly affect the level of the initial embedding of naam

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Like 2

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Sigh, I might regret putting this up, but whatever.

monatosingh, you can probably call Gurudwara Sahibs and check if they are having amrit sanchars and who will be doing the arrangements of the amrit sanchar. Most amrit sanchars are organized by a Sikh jatha, unless the Gurudwara Sahib is independent of any jathebandi and is itself, through a committee, organizing the amrit sanchar.  The Sikh Rehat Maryada would probably be considered a non jathebandi affiliated Rehat.  Rest of the marayadas are linked to jathebandian.  

There are a variety of Jathebandis in Sikhism, all of who have variations in maryada.  But the purpose of the maryada is to give a Sikh the path on which to read Gurbani, do Naam Simran and follow a Gursikhi jeevan.  It is not meant to be a platform of debate or argument.  It is to create the environment physically, mentally, socially and spiritually to pursue Sikhi.  Please don't get caught up in the "this is right Maryada, that is wrong Maryada" - become a Sikh, follow the maryada that is given to you and make a Gursikhi jeevan out of your life.

Gurbani says to do Naam Simran (with every breath/continuously), Gurbani paath/vichaar (as much as possible) and internal introspection (daily or more frequently) - the Rehat is a framework to do this.  Please have some faith that as you pursue Sikhi, you will be guided by Guru Sahib to the right path.  If Sant Harnaam Singh Rampur Khera was a great Gursikh, he at one time did not do Paath of Jaap Sahib.  Guru Sahib (who did not show their face to Sant Ji) and his Shaheed Singhs came and corrected his mistake and he started to do Jaap Sahib paath as his nitmen and got full darshan of Guru Sahib (details in their biography).  Have a little faith - Guru Sahib will guide you.  Let's rise a little bit above Jathebandis, taking up positions in support or against them as the one true maryada or one true represnetation of Sikhi (tell me any jatha that doesn't say they are the correct ones...) and work on seeing each other and ourselves as Sikhs of the Guru.

Edited by ms514
  • Like 1

agreed we supposed to be sikhs of the Guru not of a particular jatha or maryada...Guru ji is above all

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

I can't stand this guy, complete sell out like Darshan Laal et al, now just a politician  - couldn't even watch 10 minutes before I had to shut it off.

He tries to make a point that there should be one maryada but what makes  his version of that one maryada the truth?

The puratan sampardas can back up their maryada with rehtname and sine-basine passing down of sookham rehats - this guy doesn't even believe in Akhand Paath Sahibs done with maryada that comes in ithihaas because he's now a missionary they don't believe in ithiaas.

On 21/07/2017 at 4:00 PM, jkvlondon said:

If you are planning to have amrit you should look at jeevan of panj for depth of bhagti rather than especially worrying about shaster vidhiya since the level of their bhagti will directly affect the level of the initial embedding of naam

Wait, so you are saying it does not matter how much the panj follow rehit of Guru Sahib, is this the best example for amrit dharis? Should amrit dharis not lead an example of how to lead gursikh lifestyle? And here you are saying we should not worry about shastar vidiya?

Then why take khanday dee pahul from such panj, why not just take charan amrit if it is only about bhagati and naam? Remember, for a gursikh shastar abiyaas is also bhagti. To separate this is not possible. This is more like becoming a sehajdhari sikh!