InderjitS

Bhai Jagraj Singh has passed away.

5 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

His approach to parchaar was unique in terms of how he styled and conducted his lectures / sermons, and I'm not solely referring to his use of English

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

His approachable manner drew people in a way maybe other parcharaks could learn from.

Agree, he could communicate and get the message across to different levels of spirituality in people, because what he had to say could not be based on status or any sort of hierarchy. It's the message of our Guru's that he was putting across to us, not his own agenda. 

Some people tried to insult him or belittle him on some points. But there's not many that are able to connect to a diversity of people and Bhai Jagraj Singh did just that. These kind of souls such as paji Jagraj come very rarely into the world and they leave a mark when they depart too. Such is an example of the respected Kathavachaks of previous generations, wise and highly effective communicators also. 

He didnt do just parchar of Sikhi, but also LISTENED. Not many parcharaks do that, but those that do listen and have meaningful conversations with the sangat, are the ones that are unique and Bhai Jagraj Singh was Unique. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simran345 said:

He didnt do just parchar of Sikhi, but also LISTENED. Not many parcharaks do that, but those that do listen and have meaningful conversations with the sangat, are the ones that are unique and Bhai Jagraj Singh was Unique. 

So very true. People in need of guidance just want to be heard as well as being spoken to. Occasionally, a solely one-way conversation can raise more questions than it answers. Of course, in a formal parchaar / sangat setting it's difficult to get that dialogue going without disrupting the flow of the message, but in certain uniquely tailored sessions there does need to be a conversation where both sides can interact. One got the impression Bhai Sahib wasn't doing his work solely to increase his reputation and legend, as it were, but was seeking to get to the bottom of a lot of pressing issues and questions that Sikhs today have on their minds.

Edited by MisterrSingh
  • Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 6:38 AM, S1ngh said:

He started in 2012 and within 5 years he did sewa that no other Sikh youth ever did. He spent time with sangat for the past many years and sangat (us) should now support him and his organization including his very young family.

Absolutely agree, I hope Sikh Channel perform a fund raising activity for Sukhmani Kaur and their 3 children, one who is only a few weeks old.

*EDITED*

Edited by InderjitS
  • Like 2

God bless  Bhai Jagraj Singh.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 1

I ran a Sikh community center for more than 2 years after my usual work hours till late night. My passion is to help and give back something to our community. While doing that, i missed most of my personal family time with my little kids. I started realizing after few months that but then someway you also feel that sangat is your family too. I stepped aside for family time but still helping remotely. My main point is that NOT only bhai jagraj singh led a tough life in starting up basics of sikhi from scratch but he also sacrificed his personal family time which only few ppl can understand. It is not only him who did great panthic work but also his wife bibi sukhmani kaur who deserves to be praised loudly for supporting her husband and without her support there wouldn't be any legacy that bhai jagraj singh created. So, advice to sangat is to support and donate whatever you can for this young family who led a life full of sewa. They did sewa for the house of guru nanak dev ji. We need to show our support ! DONATE TODAY !

• Like 3

Kirtan of the Shabad (hymn) Santhu Saagar Paar Utareeai led by Sukhmani Kaur & Jatha, at the Kirtan programme to celebrate the life of Jagraj Singh which took place on 30th July 2017 at Havelock Road Gurdwara Southall.

http://sikhilive.com/santhu-saagar-paar-utareeai-by-sukhmani-kaur-jatha-celebrating-the-life-of-jagraj-singh.html

Shabad link: https://www.sikhitothemax.org/shabad?id=2856

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaspindjy said:

How much money do you want everyone to be donating to reach $270,000 sum, because there are also the channels that also asking for donations to do prachaar which is to reach many million peoples.  Mostly people don't normally ask for money from sangat when someone dies like raagi died in the gurdwara stage. His family didn't ask for money from others they too had three little children . His wife is asking for us to give her the money her parents and her inlaws will help her in these circumstances. I don't know why is she like a beggar asking us to pay we don't have more money. Can you tell everyone here why she is asking for money from everyone? There are many poor needy peoples all over the world, in punjab many poor peoples with no food or clothes also the gurdwara near them don't help them they turn to jesus for desperation. In England they have children benefits aslo  free schools free medical health too that's why no one dies of hunger it is wrong to ask for money from others if the government look after them if they poor without employment. She can too also work as there many single parents with children they work to feed them children also pay for everything for them. I don't feel good if people beg others to give money to them they must get job but not ask sikhs hard working ordinary people also it is not sikhi to beg. She can also find some employment like everybody else even if she now single parent . When he leave his first wife did the first wife ask for money from the sangat for her kid. What amount she had asked from the sangat? No one must ask for money it is wrong. She can find employment like everybody she must not ask for charity. There many sikhs womens who become widowed and no one gives them any money to their children or anything. It is her being Russian taking advantage or exploiting poor sikh sangat people. In Russia no one collect money if any sikhs womens or mens in trouble. They don't feel proud of sikhs peoples there because they are from India. There also many peoples sikhs dying in punjab because they have no money. Some girls don't marry because they don't have much money for marriages. Their fathers can't find employment because they have problems.

you don't have to give if you don't want to.

1. whatever he had moneywise, timewise he poured into SIkhi di Parchaar, She also suffered lean times too .

2. She has nothing in terms of money as Insurance was not there to cover , plus  she has only just given birth to a child not likely to be able to work to cover mortgage.

3. do you not think not supporting Guru ji's raagis , granthis, and sewadars is a sharam di gall for us all as sikhs ?

4. You assume that His folks will look after her ...these days not many look after their own blood .

5. problems of poverty and lack of help of sikhs is down to those who eat from golak rather than help those in need , catch hold of them because plenty of sikhs abroad collect and send money help via sikh organisations ...

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jaspindjy said:

How much money do you want everyone to be donating to reach $270,000 sum, because there are also the channels that also asking for donations to do prachaar which is to reach many million peoples.  Mostly people don't normally ask for money from sangat when someone dies like raagi died in the gurdwara stage. His family didn't ask for money from others they too had three little children . His wife is asking for us to give her the money her parents and her inlaws will help her in these circumstances. I don't know why is she like a beggar asking us to pay we don't have more money. Can you tell everyone here why she is asking for money from everyone? There are many poor needy peoples all over the world, in punjab many poor peoples with no food or clothes also the gurdwara near them don't help them they turn to jesus for desperation. In England they have children benefits aslo  free schools free medical health too that's why no one dies of hunger it is wrong to ask for money from others if the government look after them if they poor without employment. She can too also work as there many single parents with children they work to feed them children also pay for everything for them. I don't feel good if people beg others to give money to them they must get job but not ask sikhs hard working ordinary people also it is not sikhi to beg. She can also find some employment like everybody else even if she now single parent . When he leave his first wife did the first wife ask for money from the sangat for her kid. What amount she had asked from the sangat? No one must ask for money it is wrong. She can find employment like everybody she must not ask for charity. There many sikhs womens who become widowed and no one gives them any money to their children or anything. It is her being Russian taking advantage or exploiting poor sikh sangat people. In Russia no one collect money if any sikhs womens or mens in trouble. They don't feel proud of sikhs peoples there because they are from India. There also many peoples sikhs dying in punjab because they have no money. Some girls don't marry because they don't have much money for marriages. Their fathers can't find employment because they have problems.

Brother jagraj singh did exceptional seva for the panth in a short amount of time. If he had 10-15 more years to raise his children and secure his family then we could understand your pov. Show some dard my friend. We in the diaspora don't have too many leaders/parchariks of his stature. Our community desperately needs more gursikhs with his skill set. That's also why he emphasized leadership building so much. 

Lets show our appreciation my friend. Regular folks like me and you come and go. We leave behind some wealth and children, not much more. Just listen to the pulse of the diaspora panth andyou will see what jagraj singh accomplished. 

Lets all show our appreciation dear sangat 

• Like 2

Guest Jacfsing2

If you don't want to give money you don't have to. Our Raagis not getting the pay they deserve should be a slap to our faces, not something to be worn as a badge of honor. Daler Mehndi said himself that he left the Kirtan work because the pay was not livable. Us not helping people in Punjab is another slap to our faces as well. Us not helping each other is why we have failed as a community, there isn't much else to say and if the truth hurts, let it sink in, why so many problems are occurring. If Bhai Jugraj Singh Ji while he was alive converted into Christianity or Islam, he would be rich due to his influence, if the great Sikh preachers in India became Hindu, the same would happen to them, if the only loyalty they had was money they wouldn't be Pracharks, it's because of love for Guru they do this. What her being Russian has nothing to do with this, and if you want to discuss real issues, don't run to some racial b.s. because what they do in Russia probably has nothing to do with the current situation. If you expect his family to support him, his brother is Hundal, and even when Bhai Jugraj Singh left the world, he made a post belittling him.

Starting with truth, i didn't read your whole post but i got the general idea of your post. Nobody is forcing anyone to donate to certain type of folks but it is highly rude to say "Why she is asking for money". Well she didn't and it was Jagraj's friends who started the donation campaign (Please read by clicking on link).

Second blunt truth is that Preachers from India coming abroad is only for better lifestyle and make money BUT NOT for prachar. I am not putting all in this category but this is the way it is for majority of them. Both gurdwara management and preachers are equally to be blamed. While Jagraj's case is different as he left his good paying income to start something where there is literally no money at all. So point is that He geniunely did sewa for panth and panth needs to support them SO THAT his wife bibi sukhmani kaur can CONTINUE to spread-head the Basics of Sikhi organization.

Regarding the poor people around the world - You are talking to wrong folks. It is government's responsibility to help their own folks. If they don't then bring revolution.

I don't expect all people to support but at least try NOT TO criticize something that effected hundreds of thousands of folks. We are chardikala kaum not dehandi kala one.

• Like 3

WaheGuriuJi Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ke Fateh

Thank you Jaspindjy, you made me consult the Sikh Scriptures, the Ardas, Benti Chaupai and the answer came back

Siri Whahe Guru! those who were true to the Guru, who meditated on the Nam, who shared their earnings and sacrificed for righteousness; think of their deeds...

I do as the Ardas commands me, so I donated with a happy heart

Processing your donation

We'll email confirmation within 24hrs

£x

Fundraiser Avatar
Donation reference: xxxx7688

52 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

you don't have to give if you don't want to.

1. whatever he had moneywise, timewise he poured into SIkhi di Parchaar, She also suffered lean times too .

2. She has nothing in terms of money as Insurance was not there to cover , plus  she has only just given birth to a child not likely to be able to work to cover mortgage.

3. do you not think not supporting Guru ji's raagis , granthis, and sewadars is a sharam di gall for us all as sikhs ?

4. You assume that His folks will look after her ...these days not many look after their own blood .

5. problems of poverty and lack of help of sikhs is down to those who eat from golak rather than help those in need , catch hold of them because plenty of sikhs abroad collect and send money help via sikh organisations ...

• Like 2