InderjitS

Bhai Jagraj Singh has passed away.

ssinghuk    110

Waheguroo, lost for words. 

I remember Bhai Sahib at one of the first Sikhi Camps I attended back in the early 2000s. He was soo inspirational.

I can't even begin to imagine what his children must be feeling at this moment. May Maharaaj bless him, his family and the BoS team to continue the priceless sewa initiated. 

• Like 4

5akaalsingh    87

May this noble soul rest in peace!  Time to follow his steps. Arm yourself with knowledge.

• Like 3

OneBeing    32

What a legend!!! He was a fearless lion who will never be forgotten. Such a man cant even be described with words. He was a TRUE gursikh of dhan dhan Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj the king of all kings.

Bhai Jagraj singh saved me! He truly did. I dont know where i would be right now if it wasnt for seeing his Basics Of Sikhi videos man. Its like god sent him down for a reason. He came to wake us up!! 

Edited by OneBeing
  • Like 3

On 20/07/2017 at 10:30 PM, jkvlondon said:

Not a loss ..but a chitanvani how little we can trust time left , the best response to his passing and the passing of all our parchaariks is to review or immerse  ourselves in what they taught and dedicate in building up our own jeevan and encourage anyone and everyone to naam jap

maya won't let me go . 

I watched his videos too, huge loss for every sikh. May Bhai Sahib ji rest in peace.  May God  bless him and his family

Edited by pardesanbibbi

jkvlondon    3,498
2 hours ago, pardesanbibbi said:

I watched his videos too, huge loss for every sikh. May Bhai Sahib ji rest in peace.  May God  bless him and his family

I don't get it , please consider how many videos , how much katha, how many question and answer sessions are left in the bank for everyone to still consult , plus the number of international teams started, the new stronger panthic relationships between different younger jatha members across the diaspora, the groundwork done fot the Amritsar project started . 

He is not gone , his words and light touch is still around , let us not slip into depressive mode , we should be happy for him , gurmukh laha lah gehe ... he has returned home. It is just like all our wise gursikhs they don't die , they live in their bachan to us , if we read and learn they remain active in this realm too.

• Like 4

simran345    2,455
59 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

He is not gone , his words and light touch is still around , let us not slip into depressive mode , we should be happy for him , gurmukh laha lah gehe ... he has returned home. It is just like all our wise gursikhs they don't die , they live in their bachan to us , if we read and learn they remain active in this realm too.

I was thinking this yesterday, it feels like he's not gone. Weird, I feel he came into this world for a reason to guide us to Gurbani. Very nice words penji. 

jkvlondon    3,498
9 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

maya won't let me go . 

maya is a witch like that ...enticing yet her true roop is horrific

• Like 2

jkvlondon    3,498

we as individuals , families, communities and the kaum need to develop the traits we admire in our predecessors , our parchaariks, kirtaniyas and sewaks , then the panth will progress and enjoy strength and blessings from Guru Pita ji. At this juncture we need to listen to katha of shalok saskriti and jaitrisari ki vaar as being provided by veer Sukh jeevan Singh on Sikh2Inspire on a morning and night basis this week , contemplate shalok mahala 9 and develop gurmat understanding of death:

• Like 2

Ranjeet01    1,144

It is very sad to see Bhai Jagraj Singh leave us but Maharaj in his hukam has decided that his time is up in this world and he is needed elsewhere. 

When I watch his videos what I realise about Jagraj was that he brought a fresh and unique perspective to parchaar that has never been done before.

He was not afraid to think outside the box. He broke things down into bit size chunks which made it very easy to understand. 

His approachable manner drew people in a way maybe other parcharaks could learn from.

These are the things that has attracted more people to Sikhi. 

We need to build upon that.

• Like 4

MisterrSingh    2,803
4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It is very sad to see Bhai Jagraj Singh leave us but Maharaj in his hukam has decided that his time is up in this world and he is needed elsewhere. 

When I watch his videos what I realise about Jagraj was that he brought a fresh and unique perspective to parchaar that has never been done before.

He was not afraid to think outside the box. He broke things down into bit size chunks which made it very easy to understand. 

His approachable manner drew people in a way maybe other parcharaks could learn from.

These are the things that has attracted more people to Sikhi. 

We need to build upon that.

His approach to parchaar was unique in terms of how he styled and conducted his lectures / sermons, and I'm not solely referring to his use of English. Whether that was a conscious decision or entirely organic is something only he knew. What I mean when I refer to his style and demeanour during parchaar is that even though he was of the younger generation, he didn't fall into the trap of trying to emulate the trappings and aura of a Sikh holy man flanked by an entourage who sit in obedience behind the main speaker, eyes closed in a state of samadhi. That doesn't work anymore, and whether it's genuine or a hackneyed attempt to convey a sense of deep spirituality to the sangat it just seems a bit of an act.

Contemporary searchers for spiritual truths amongst Punjabis want relatability and accessibility, not a distant "do as I say, not as I do" approach, which is where many of the even younger crop reveal their lack of intelligence and humility. The desire to play at being the totemic religious presence should be a red flag to anyone who wonders if the new Singh on the block is the real thing or another in a succession of pretenders. 

Bhai Sahib's passing is a major loss for Sikhs in the West, and on a personal level it's something that's saddened me a great deal.

• Like 4