Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
monatosingh

How to join a nihang dal?

1 post in this topic

WJKK WJKF

As part of a school project, I am doing Sikhi for religious education.

Our essay focuses more on sects (Taksali, AKJ, 3HO, etc)

I am doing Nihang, and many of my other class members are. I want to go further and actually explain how to join them.

If you think about it, people will have stuff like their beliefs, how they were created, modern day nihangs.

I want to do stuff like beliefs, how they were created, their contribution in 1984, Nihang isn't one sect (it relies on Nihang jathebandees), how to become a nihang yourself

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it a lot.

WJKK WJKF

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Topics

• I'm referring to the incident in Satyug. Durga fought Daints and lost, She fled to the mountains and found Rishi Ji there (Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji in his previous form) and begged him to protect her. She hid in his sanctuary till the Daints came and Guru Sahib summoned Dusht Daman to fight them, he also empowered Durga as she was drained and completely weak so she could fight as well.  As for those parts its referring to what the Trinity Devs started doing. Vishnu told people he was the Supreme Lord God (hence the Vaishnaiv sect formed) and Brahma started calling himself Parbharam (all knowing omniscient), Guru Sahib expands on how they fell to Maya and also failed in their tasks.
    • Now I do agree with you that @singh1606 is probably an RSS Agent, but doesn't Chandi Di Vaar mention how Durga only went to Indra, when Indra was corrupted and lost to the demons? Also as a request due to my limited Gurnukhi knowledge, I understood parts of it, but not this part: ॥ ਬਿਸਨ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਕੋ ਠਹਰਾਯੋ ॥ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਆਪ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬਖਾਨਾ ॥ , could you explain it in more detail?  (Just to explain how I read it in transliteration): "Bsn ap hi Pa Thjpyh" for the first line.
    • this numbskull clearly hasn't even bothered reading any Gurbani. He's taking verses left right and centre. There was already a verse which said Durga is powerless to give anyone liberation. Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva are not Sikhs loool. They were deluded in the world, they still are. Lost in Maya and subject to death. Give me a break, this dude couldn't be more obvious that he wants Sikhs to start doing Mandir Pooja. I wonder if Preeto called for some backup. ਤੂ ਕਹੀਅਤ ਹੀ ਆਦਿ ਭਵਾਨੀ ॥  Durga can't do anything, She's nothing more than God's handmaiden, and there are millions of her at that too. ਚਰਨ ਸਰਨਿ ਜਿਹ ਬਸਤ ਭਵਾਨੀ ॥
        She runs to his feet, heck She even ran away from battle when Daints overpowered her. Guru Sahib had to summon an army and revitalise her for her to do anything. She couldn't do anything without God and lost all her powers. ਤੇ ਹਮ ਤਮਕਿ ਤਨਿਕ ਮੋ ਖਾਪੇ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਕੀ ਠਉਰ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਥਾਪੇ ॥ ਤੇ ਭੀ ਬਲਿ ਪੂਜਾ ਉਰਝਾਏ ॥ ਆਪਨ ਹੀ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰ ਕਹਾਏ ॥੭॥ ਮਹਾਦੇਵ ਅਚੁਤ ਕਹਵਾਯੋ ॥ ਬਿਸਨ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਕੋ ਠਹਰਾਯੋ ॥ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਆਪ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬਖਾਨਾ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨ ਕਿਨਹੂੰ ਜਾਨਾ ॥੮॥
        An amazing bunch of sikhs. I mean really we should all follow their example. Let's all start worshipping power and calling ourselves God. What an amazing bunch of role models.
    • This poster will say anything to divide the Sikh community on anything.  Always ready to swear and insult any side to get an reaction and cause fights on this forum and others.  He's a moni for life and I wish this guy dies a horrible death when he goes.  The amount of fighting he has caused should come back to haunt him on his death bed.  
    • Do you really think the Indian government would comply to a referendum which breaks up India ?