Big_Tera

Sikh eating beef

97 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, simran345 said:

Just curious, but the meat in punjabi stores, that wouldn't be jhatka would it? I know that Muslim stores do halal, but what about the Punjabi stores and supermarkets like Asda, Morrisons, etc? 

most supermarkets supposedly sell khulla maas i.e. not allowed , jewish and muslim go to their special butchers ...I'm not sure how many supermarkets do sneaky halal selling but it seems a major issues all non-sikh chatka stores are bascially screwing over sikhs and Christians:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10816716/Find-out-which-supermarkets-and-restaurants-sell-halal-meat.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2626032/Asda-Sainsburys-Tesco-sell-halal-meat-live-kill-animals-not-stunned.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315278/Top-supermarkets-secretly-sell-halal-Sainsburys-Tesco-Waitrose-M-S-dont-tell-meat-ritually-slaughtered.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies, Dally and Destruction pajis. @jkvlondon penji, I read somewhere too, that supermarkets sell halal and pass it off as non-halal. I don't understand khulla mass? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, simran345 said:

Thanks for the replies, Dally and Destruction pajis. @jkvlondon penji, I read somewhere too, that supermarkets sell halal and pass it off as non-halal. I don't understand khulla mass? 

khulla maas is maas sold by non ritualised slaughtered but yet not chatka so berahami naal paalia te maariya without Khalsa ethics .

related Khalsa Ethics farming group have given the OK on Yeo Valley dairy products as they personally know and have seen the care of the cattle and ethics of the farmers involved , I know they treat animals with homeopathy as first choice then go to antibiotics as last resort so less chance of superbugs and antibiotics resistance in people eating the products

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

khulla maas is maas sold by non ritualised slaughtered but yet not chatka so berahami naal paalia te maariya without Khalsa ethics .

related Khalsa Ethics farming group have given the OK on Yeo Valley dairy products as they personally know and have seen the care of the cattle and ethics of the farmers involved , I know they treat animals with homeopathy as first choice then go to antibiotics as last resort so less chance of superbugs and antibiotics resistance in people eating the products

 

Oh ok thanks. I don't think there is a jhatka arbituary, like Destruction paji says, is there? 

Yeo Valley, I'll remember that and look out for it. Do Khalsa Ethics farming group have a website? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, simran345 said:

Oh ok thanks. I don't think there is a jhatka arbituary, like Destruction paji says, is there? 

Yeo Valley, I'll remember that and look out for it. Do Khalsa Ethics farming group have a website? 

khalsa ethics are on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/KhalsaEthics/

there is a chatka shop next to  Seven Kings Station does a roaring trade and doesn't stink like halal shops  (I tend to find them repulsively smelling of blood) so I guess they are hygienic

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

khalsa ethics are on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/KhalsaEthics/

there is a chatka shop next to  Seven Kings Station does a roaring trade and doesn't stink like halal shops  (I tend to find them repulsively smelling of blood) so I guess they are hygienic

Thanks, I haven't been in a meat shop in years, but it's interesting to know about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, simran345 said:

Thanks, I haven't been in a meat shop in years, but it's interesting to know about it. 

me neitherO:), just observant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are squeamish about it, and judge others negatively, like wipe them totally from this world, but I don't see nothing wrong with being inquisitive about it. No point in telling others they shouldn't be doing this and that, when there's stuff they do themselves. Education is the way forward, then people  at least have the knowledge to work on. 

Edited by simran345
Added more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khalsa ethics Facebook page is amazing, all organic and they grow their own veg. I hope to get an allotment and grow my own veg according to the season.  We need more people like khalsa ethics, I think they are the same people as elusive art of fighting? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

khalsa ethics are on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/KhalsaEthics/

there is a chatka shop next to  Seven Kings Station does a roaring trade and doesn't stink like halal shops  (I tend to find them repulsively smelling of blood) so I guess they are hygienic

Last time I passed that place (a couple of months ago) it was closed down. But there is another jhatka meat shop further up the road (near the Gurdwara). 

Edited by dallysingh101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Last time I passed that place (a couple of months ago) it was closed down. But there is another jhatka meat shop further up the road (near the Gurdwara). 

what the punjab meat mart ...i wasn't sure it was chatka butcher i thought it might be a paki halal place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

what the punjab meat mart ...i wasn't sure it was chatka butcher i thought it might be a paki halal place

I don't know what it's called, but it's on the corner. It looks like apnay to me -  the signs are in Gurmukhi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't know what it's called, but it's on the corner. It looks like apnay to me -  the signs are in Gurmukhi. 

will check it next time I go past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Last time I passed that place (a couple of months ago) it was closed down. But there is another jhatka meat shop further up the road (near the Gurdwara). 

Following what I said about Chatka,  extract from Nihang Nidar singhjis book from the 1990s. 

(26) Shikar - Hunting . This without doubt was one of the most important aspects of Chatka Gatka training . It was the only time you could do regular Chatka with out going onto the battle field . Through hunting animals like deer ,cunning , stealth , snaring and trapping skills were developed . To develop and test courage the
warrior taking a single shot musket in hand or taking a sword and shield in hand went into
the densest of jungles to hunt a tiger . A tiger is a animal of great intelligence and
cunning himself . With the ability to pounce from thirty feet and slay a man with a single
swat
of his paw . A hunter who failed to kill the tiger with a single shot from his musket or single blow from his sword . Became tiger lunch . Mounting on horses with lances in hand and chasing down the poweerful wild boar who ran twisting and turning . Trying horse mans horse skills to the limits . The hunter knowing the boar could quickly turn about at any opportune time and knock down the horse and rider . Then with
it’s powerful tusks rip open the hunter . Was the best way of training with horse and lance . Shooting wild fowl taught the Singhs to hit moving targets . Shedding and seeing blood and taking life prepared the Khalsa warrior Nihang for the bloody
deeds of the battle field . In Gurbilas Dasmi Bhai Sukha Singh Ji writes regards Guru
Gobind Singhs Chatka Gatka training thus ;
‘Then went hunting the life of the world (Meaning Guru Gobind Singh Ji ) with many warriors of many types (Meaning warriors armed with different sorts of weapons ) .
Against Singhs Guru Ji pitted warriors armed with swords and shields .
Some practised with Kartars by themselves they who were warriors of varied skill .
One taking a musket with fear in heart he sought out a tiger . (Meaning the fear in the Singhs heart is because of respect of the tiger he hunts ) .
The compassionate charitable one (Guru Gobind Jj ) thus in the jungle set up this Yudh Akhara (training place for battle) .’

Edited by Destruction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Sukhdevs catering opening ceremony for the Southall restaurant in one of the Sikh channels. I think they said, they will be doing non-halal as there was none in the area, and there's a need for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there are jhatka shops, not sure how jhatka they are in uk. But I don't think that's the point when we were told to jhatka. We are really supposed to do jhatka ourselves so we get a feel with a sword and also be able to see blood and survival tactic among other stuff.

There are so many of us, how can sikh community make this more practical in uk?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2017 at 8:11 PM, Destruction said:

Nihang Nidar singhjis

Bro, Niddar is not a man to be trusted. I have read some of his book and they are quite interesting. But, It is evident that he is influenced by Sanatanism (Hindoo Nationalism) and he has recently confirmed it (http://www.shastervidiya.org/nidar-finally-confirms-his-rss-links/). Some moves of the Shashtarvidya he teaches are awesome, while others are just his own creations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 5akaalsingh said:

Bro, Niddar is not a man to be trusted. I have read some of his book and they are quite interesting. But, It is evident that he is influenced by Sanatanism (Hindoo Nationalism) and he has recently confirmed it (http://www.shastervidiya.org/nidar-finally-confirms-his-rss-links/). Some moves of the Shashtarvidya he teaches are awesome, while others are just his own creations.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Ji. I am not discussing this at all. 

 His chatka bidiya is ASLI , all aspects of it, if he is making anything up and deceiving well known martial art teachers who come & learn from him ,please visit his akhara and take up his challenge. If you won't, please do not do nindiya of guru hargobind jis bidiya my dear khalsa brother... my only benti to you. Gurfateh Ji.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Destruction said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Ji. I am not discussing this at all. 

 His chatka bidiya is ASLI , all aspects of it, if he is making anything up and deceiving well known martial art teachers who come & learn from him ,please visit his akhara and take up his challenge. If you won't, please do not do nindiya of guru hargobind jis bidiya my dear khalsa brother... my only benti to you. Gurfateh Ji.

why bubba instead of Vava, having problem spelling Vidhiya as in Vidhvan no one says Bidhvan , and no one knows Guru Har Gobind ji's Vidhiya especially your idol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

why bubba instead of Vava, having problem spelling Vidhiya as in Vidhvan no one says Bidhvan , and no one knows Guru Har Gobind ji's Vidhiya especially your idol 

it's ok.

we can call vedh as bedh, which is done in bani as well. I am sure there might be a few other places in bani where bubba is used as opposed to waawa.

Also another more extreme example is in punjabi we might use the term bans as in suraj bansi instead of hindi surya vanshi

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2017 at 1:55 AM, Destruction said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Ji. I am not discussing this at all. 

 His chatka bidiya is ASLI , all aspects of it, if he is making anything up and deceiving well known martial art teachers who come & learn from him ,please visit his akhara and take up his challenge. If you won't, please do not do nindiya of guru hargobind jis bidiya my dear khalsa brother... my only benti to you. Gurfateh Ji.

bro, he's vidya is based on the book of akali baba giana  singh ji

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 5akaalsingh said:

bro, he's vidya is based on the book of akali baba giana  singh ji

Please tell me if the full bidiya is written down in there? If it isn't why are you spreading lies? The book you are referring to many people have contributed to it pyaara Singh for example. Have you even read that book? With Nidar singhs knowledge of indo Persian weapons, history, gurbani, akali nihangs he just got it from one single book? Your argument needs to be stronger. Those who have seen it know the power, those like you who spread lies and hearsay..carry on, we shall see were gatka gets you sir. Gurfateh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now