Big_Tera

Sikh eating beef

1 minute ago, ipledgeblue said:

ok but you said all meats are the same, and this is the argument most ignorant sikhs use when they don't care whether we eat halal or not. please be a bit more clear next time.

I see your point. I meant all animals that people eat. 

59 minutes ago, acsap said:

I see your point. I meant all animals that people eat. 

I dont think so. I think sikhs in the past and now refrain from killing and eating cows. But I dont know our position on eating pigs or pork. It seems that asking fellow sikhs to eat pork was a way to test for muslim spys as can be seen when bandayi khalsa was reunited with tatt khalsa. 

One reason we dont eat beef is the same reason jews people dont mix dairy and meat. They dont want to boil the calf in its mom's milk. Meaning they dont want to be akirtghan. If you drink cow or buffalo milk, then you should not kill cows or buffalos. 

Sikhs kill goats but I dont know many sikhs who drank goat milk in the past, or anyone who drink it now in India. 

Also, if u are  a vegetarian, but u drink milk of an animal. You have to.make sure that in the process of getting that milk, no animal is harmed. Or you become a meat eater. That's the main reason, cows were not hurt in ancient india. Like vegans blame vegetarians today for consuming dairy which causes male offapring to be killed. This is a direct cause of you drinking milk so you will be held accountable for those deaths. Therefore, vegetarians have to make sure that the one animal whose animal products they use, is not harmed. Otherwise vegans are right and vegetarians are the most hypocritical ppl with the largest cause of meat slaughter.

7 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

I dont think so. I think sikhs in the past and now refrain from killing and eating cows. But I dont know our position on eating pigs or pork. It seems that asking fellow sikhs to eat pork was a way to test for muslim spys as can be seen when bandayi khalsa was reunited with tatt khalsa. 

I think the Singhs who hunted wild boar made it clear for pork. I mean the shingar on the dumalla for boar's horn should only be worn by actual Singhs who hunt boar, it is not something to be just bought and put in there. It is a soor-bir type of symbol.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

I think the Singhs who hunted wild boar made it clear for pork. I meant the shingar on the dumalla for boar's horn should only be worn by actual Singhs who hunt boar, it is not something to be just bought and put in there. It is a soor-bir type of symbol.

soor bir ? not from soor pig  but soorma brave ...please what you suggested makes it pig-warrior please think a little

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

soor bir ? not from soor pig  but soorma brave ...please what you suggested makes it pig-warrior please think a little

yeh I did mean it as a bravery thing. And I know it sounds similar. soorbir or soorvir (different ways to pronounce it)

Boars are dangerous animals. OF course, hunting lions and tigers is even more brave.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

I think the Singhs who hunted wild boar made it clear for pork. I mean the shingar on the dumalla for boar's horn should only be worn by actual Singhs who hunt boar, it is not something to be just bought and put in there. It is a soor-bir type of symbol.

Most of these wanabe nihangs (who dress like nihangs) don't realise how hard it is to kill a wild boar with arrows/daggers/swords and even the gun! The way they charge at the hunter, they aren't small animals...some are huge X3 size of a person . Takes a lot of skill to kill one. Majority of those who keep a shingar is for fashion, heck they are even against chatka and are strict vegetarians. Quite ironic.

• Like 3

Again, puranatan sikh did hunt and consume meat agreed. However for today's sikhs my point is if your not prepared to kill the animal because for e.g you haven't got the heart. But your all at the ready to eat it, whether it's a chicken or a cow, then that's simply just a convenience for you within your diet.

You will only understand what it means to eat meat when you Jhatkaa the animal, skin it/de-feather it's carcass, gut it, butcher it and then cook it. This is when even the meat eater will become a vegetarian because it's this very process which has been removed making it so easy to consume a animal, removing the messy part. 

That's why there's no daya in mcdonalds or asda...etc meat products. 

If your Amritdhari sikh and want to eat meat, hunt or kill the animal yourself and perform jhatka.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sikhiseeker said:

Again, puranatan sikh did hunt and consume meat agreed. However for today's sikhs my point is if your not prepared to kill the animal because for e.g you haven't got the heart. But your all at the ready to eat it, whether it's a chicken or a cow, then that's simply just a convenience for you within your diet.

You will only understand what it means to eat meat when you Jhatkaa the animal, skin it/de-feather it's carcass, gut it, butcher it and then cook it. This is when even the meat eater will become a vegetarian because it's this very process which has been removed making it so easy to consume a animal, removing the messy part. 

That's why there's no daya in mcdonalds or asda...etc meat products. 

If your Amritdhari sikh and wahant to eat meat, hunt or kill the animal yourself and perform jhatka.

remember each maccie D burger has meat of average one hundred carcasses mixed together, imagine the karmic load of just that one burger ...would you for 'cardboard food'??

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

remember each maccie D burger has meat of average one hundred carcasses mixed together, imagine the karmic load of just that one burger ...would you for 'cardboard food'??

Penji I can't understand what you wrote, what was you saying about the cardboard box?

kinda gone over my head

1 hour ago, sikhiseeker said:

Penji I can't understand what you wrote, what was you saying about the cardboard box?

kinda gone over my head

Fake food as nutritious as cardboard thus cardboard food

On 17/07/2017 at 1:35 AM, Big_Tera said:

Its mostly jatts from what I have seen. My local mcdonalds if full of them, gorging on big macs and quarter pounders. absolute discrace then they go and drink a bottle of whisky dance around like some pendus and have the decency to think they ard better then everyone else. 

Is it stamped on their heads or do you have a specially designed nose to sense Jaat Paat?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

Is it stamped on their heads or do you have a specially designed nose to sense Jaat Paat?

You can usually tell

MV5BZDQyMWVkNjItZTE5ZC00ZmQ2LWFkMjUtODc0Y2M2NWI0NGNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY1MTkwMDM@._V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InderjitS said:

Lol

• Like 1