Jump to content
Big_Tera

Sikh eating beef

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Destruction said:

Those of you who claim beef is okay, you lot only say that because of your hatred for Hindus. Real Sikhs stay away from cow, Singh of the past even namdharis give shaheedi to protect the cow. What. Disgrace the panth has become advocating the consumption of beef, <banned word filter activated> kuteh panchod teri tii di tang

Have they ever thought what will their ancestors think of them? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 5akaalsingh said:

Have they ever thought what will their ancestors think of them? 

Probably your Mata loving ancestors!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

It's not just beef! Most monehs eat any type of meat these days. I have never met any amritdhari in real life who eats meat, and every Sikh (in real life) I know is totally against eating any meat as well! I find it odd that the masahari Sikhs on this site admire Jarnail Singh, yet they think it's okay to eat meat! This is just my observation. & its silly how most of you people don't believe in the caste system yet think its okay to refer Sikhs by it! Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Edited by Preeet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Speak english please

 

their common sense is absent (in their ankles literal) . They think they are too modern/advanced now , they can eat and drink whatever who's gonna stop them ...

 

besides beef and milk triggering diabetes and cancer ...go ahead stuff your faces .... Guru ji gave you enlightened lifestyle but people like that love disease and living in the gutter too much to live like humans rather than the kaam(kaamna -desires) ridden animals they are determined to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, acsap said:

Probably your Mata loving ancestors!

Perhaps, yours too.

By the way, I was referring to our glorious Khalsa ancestors who fought extraordinary foes and created an independent Sikh state with their blood and sweat, compared to us who sit in front of computers thousands of miles away arguing.

Edited by 5akaalsingh
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

It's not just beef! Most monehs eat any type of meat these days. I have never met any amritdhari in real life who eats meat, and every Sikh (in real life) I know is totally against eating any meat as well! I find it odd that the masahari Sikhs on this site admire Jarnail Singh, yet they think it's okay to eat meat! This is just my observation. & its silly how most of you people don't believe in the caste system yet think its okay to refer Sikhs by it! Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Kaurji, Taksali Maryada doesn't approve of meat eating, but Taksaal has never claimed to possess the sole, authoritative Sikh Rehat. It affords other Sampardas and other rehats their proper respect. To illustrate this, the vegetarian DDT Singhs including Sachkhandvasi Baba Thakur Singh often made offerings of goats for jhatka when they visited the chaunis of the Nihang Singhs based around Chowk Mehta.  There were many jhatka eating or jhatka-supporting (Baba Nihal Singh Harienvela is a important example of the latter) Nihangs in Sant Ji's camp during the dharam Yudh morcha, and in the kharku outfits in the ensuing years. 

The Brahmgianis of the Taksaal have always realized the question of meat eating is irrelevant to Sikhi (as long as it is jhatka) and up to the individual Sikh, and that the heated arguments which others wage on behalf of their respective views endanger the ekta of the qaum. Taksaal has always, in my opinion, been the Jatha which works hardest for Panthic Ekta, which is why they maintain connections with groups as diverse as Nihangs, AKJ, Nirmalas and Udasis (particularly the latter two, which are shunned by most mainstream Sikhs). No other jatha/samparda casts their nets so wide. 

We should emulate the spirit of the great lion of panthic ekta, Sant Ji, and stand together, vegetarian or meat eater. This is what the Singhs of the 80's did, and look at what was accomplished. 

 

 

Edited by Balkaar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Cow is a sacred animal it give milk. We should respect the cow. 

You silly cow. 

Lol. Sacred to Hindus. Our Guru Granth Sahib Ji is sacred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WJKK WJKF

A Sikh should only consume meat if their prepared to Jhatkaa it themselves. If you have not got the ability to Jhatkaa  a Cow or a chicken or any animal, then don't eat meat. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cow isn't a "mother" or anything of that sort. Last I checked my mother doesn't wander around India eating Garbage. My mother Mata Sahib Kaur Ji resides with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj watching over her more children (all whom are more agyakari than me :) ).

 

If people are going to argue that because cows gives milk that's why people don't eat them, read Suraj Prakash Granth. Goats give milk but were consumed by Sikhs.

Edited by Kira
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Balkaar said:

Kaurji, Taksali Maryada doesn't approve of meat eating, but Taksaal has never claimed to possess the sole, authoritative Sikh Rehat. It affords other Sampardas and other rehats their proper respect. To illustrate this, the vegetarian DDT Singhs including Sachkhandvasi Baba Thakur Singh often made offerings of goats for jhatka when they visited the chaunis of the Nihang Singhs based around Chowk Mehta.  There were many jhatka eating or jhatka-supporting (Baba Nihal Singh Harienvela is a important example of the latter) Nihangs in Sant Ji's camp during the dharam Yudh morcha, and in the kharku outfits in the ensuing years. 

The Brahmgianis of the Taksaal have always realized the question of meat eating is irrelevant to Sikhi (as long as it is jhatka) and up to the individual Sikh, and that the heated arguments which others wage on behalf of their respective views endanger the ekta of the qaum. Taksaal has always, in my opinion, been the Jatha which works hardest for Panthic Ekta, which is why they maintain connections with groups as diverse as Nihangs, AKJ, Nirmalas and Udasis (particularly the latter two, which are shunned by most mainstream Sikhs). No other jatha/samparda casts their nets so wide. 

We should emulate the spirit of the great lion of panthic ekta, Sant Ji, and stand together, vegetarian or meat eater. This is what the Singhs of the 80's did, and look at what was accomplished. 

 

 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Mhmm, I also think we should have ekta. There are many things that are not understood among some, but we are all still Sikhs. When I was blessed at the amrit sanchar, we were told to not eat meat (so I will follow that hukam). This topic also reminds me of "Kabira Teri Jhompri Gal Katiyan Ke Paas Jo Karenge So Bharenge Tu Kyon Bhayo Udaas". So I guess people can do what they'd like, but I will just work on myself. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2017 at 0:16 AM, acsap said:

Either Sikhs should not eat meat, otherwise all meats are the same. You think cow is our Mata too???

next you are going to say halal is the same as well?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

next you are going to say halal is the same as well?

Next thing you going to say is that cow is not your mother.  If you don't know how to debate then stay away from the discussion board!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2017 at 9:44 AM, Destruction said:

Those of you who claim beef is okay, you lot only say that because of your hatred for Hindus. Real Sikhs stay away from cow, Singh of the past even namdharis give shaheedi to protect the cow. What. Disgrace the panth has become advocating the consumption of beef, <banned word filter activated> kuteh panchod teri tii di tang

 

On 17/07/2017 at 11:55 AM, 5akaalsingh said:

I think you should read Uggardanti

 

On 17/07/2017 at 11:54 AM, 5akaalsingh said:

yes excellent

'Giani Gian Singh speaks of the actions of Jassa Singh Ahluwalia as:

“Though, he was very against killing of cows. To stop this, he attacked many times Lahore and Kasur, and slayed the cow butchers.” 

Twarikh Guru Khalsa, Giani Gian Singh (1894), Pa 734'

 

3 minutes ago, acsap said:

Next thing you going to say is that cow is not your mother.  If you don't know how to debate then stay away from the discussion board!

well you said all meats are the same, does that include halal as well, which is bujjar kurahit for sikhs?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

 

 

well you said all meats are the same, does that include halal as well, which is bujjar kurahit for sikhs?

I have never met a Sikh who said halal is okay. There is no debate about that for obvious reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, acsap said:

I have never met a Sikh who said halal is okay. There is no debate about that for obvious reasons. 

ok but you said all meats are the same, and this is the argument most ignorant sikhs use when they don't care whether we eat halal or not. please be a bit more clear next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×