Big_Tera

Sikh eating beef

120 posts in this topic

I have noticed so many Sikhs eating beef.

What has happened? And why do mostly jatt people chomp on beef burgers like no tommorow. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

I have noticed so many Sikhs eating beef.

What has happened? And why do mostly jatt people chomp on beef burgers like no tommorow. 

akkl gitte'ch,hor ki.Eh sochde ah ussin ta bahut hi modern bannge, ussin kuch vi kah te kar sakde ho, kaun  sanu taukou ga?

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't just say jatts eat beef, many tarkhan families do and i have also seen chureh doing the same. Halal & beef is okay for the modern Sikh apparently.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

I have noticed so many Sikhs eating beef.

What has happened? And why do mostly jatt people chomp on beef burgers like no tommorow. 

Either Sikhs should not eat meat, otherwise all meats are the same. You think cow is our Mata too???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

akkl gitte'ch,hor ki.Eh sochde ah ussin ta bahut hi modern bannge, ussin kuch vi kah te kar sakde ho, kaun  sanu taukou ga?

 

Speak english please

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

I have noticed so many Sikhs eating beef.

What has happened? And why do mostly jatt people chomp on beef burgers like no tommorow. 

Not even jatts its tharkhans and chamars practically all castes dont care no more if its beef or not. Personally I have no objections for Sikhs to eat beef apart from not preparing it or eating it at home of those I visit as I don't like beef . But as majority of sikhs live in Indian hindu majority society so culturally its not the norm or done thing that's why Sikhs haven't eaten cow mata mostly due to hindus revering it.

Sikhs should be open to eat all meats if they want to. I even seen most once veggie fascist hindus in the west and india eating beef meat these days.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, acsap said:

Either Sikhs should not eat meat, otherwise all meats are the same. You think cow is our Mata too???

Cow is a sacred animal it give milk. We should respect the cow. 

You silly cow. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, superkaur said:

Not even jatts its tharkhans and chamars practically all castes dont care no more if its beef or not. Personally I have no objections for Sikhs to eat beef apart from not preparing it or eating it at home of those I visit as I don't like beef . But as majority of sikhs live in Indian hindu majority society so culturally its not the norm or done thing that's why Sikhs haven't eaten cow mata mostly due to hindus revering it.

Sikhs should be open to eat all meats if they want to. I even seen most once veggie fascist hindus in the west and india eating beef meat these days.

Its mostly jatts from what I have seen. My local mcdonalds if full of them, gorging on big macs and quarter pounders. absolute discrace then they go and drink a bottle of whisky dance around like some pendus and have the decency to think they ard better then everyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Cow is a sacred animal it give milk. We should respect the cow. 

You silly cow. 

So does goat and Buffalo. You have a point or you just a Hindu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Its mostly jatts from what I have seen. My local mcdonalds if full of them, gorging on big macs and quarter pounders. absolute discrace then they go and drink a bottle of whisky dance around like some pendus and have the decency to think they ard better then everyone else. 

Where on earth do you live??? Sothall or Hunslow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the problem in consuming beef. I have done so myself on different occasions. Halal is repulsive owing to the pain it causes to the animal in question (though of course Muslims will contend otherwise based on some obsolete study conducted in '71).  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those of you who claim beef is okay, you lot only say that because of your hatred for Hindus. Real Sikhs stay away from cow, Singh of the past even namdharis give shaheedi to protect the cow. What. Disgrace the panth has become advocating the consumption of beef, <banned word filter activated> kuteh panchod teri tii di tang

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Speak english please

 

Learn your maa boli bro

Edited by Balkaar
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 13Mirch said:

I don't see the problem in consuming beef.

I think you should read Uggardanti

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Destruction said:

Those of you who claim beef is okay, you lot only say that because of your hatred for Hindus. Real Sikhs stay away from cow, Singh of the past even namdharis give shaheedi to protect the cow. What. Disgrace the panth has become advocating the consumption of beef, <banned word filter activated> kuteh panchod teri tii di tang

Have they ever thought what will their ancestors think of them? 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 5akaalsingh said:

Have they ever thought what will their ancestors think of them? 

Probably your Mata loving ancestors!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

It's not just beef! Most monehs eat any type of meat these days. I have never met any amritdhari in real life who eats meat, and every Sikh (in real life) I know is totally against eating any meat as well! I find it odd that the masahari Sikhs on this site admire Jarnail Singh, yet they think it's okay to eat meat! This is just my observation. & its silly how most of you people don't believe in the caste system yet think its okay to refer Sikhs by it! Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Edited by Preeet
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Speak english please

 

their common sense is absent (in their ankles literal) . They think they are too modern/advanced now , they can eat and drink whatever who's gonna stop them ...

 

besides beef and milk triggering diabetes and cancer ...go ahead stuff your faces .... Guru ji gave you enlightened lifestyle but people like that love disease and living in the gutter too much to live like humans rather than the kaam(kaamna -desires) ridden animals they are determined to be.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, acsap said:

Probably your Mata loving ancestors!

Perhaps, yours too.

By the way, I was referring to our glorious Khalsa ancestors who fought extraordinary foes and created an independent Sikh state with their blood and sweat, compared to us who sit in front of computers thousands of miles away arguing.

Edited by 5akaalsingh
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

It's not just beef! Most monehs eat any type of meat these days. I have never met any amritdhari in real life who eats meat, and every Sikh (in real life) I know is totally against eating any meat as well! I find it odd that the masahari Sikhs on this site admire Jarnail Singh, yet they think it's okay to eat meat! This is just my observation. & its silly how most of you people don't believe in the caste system yet think its okay to refer Sikhs by it! Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Kaurji, Taksali Maryada doesn't approve of meat eating, but Taksaal has never claimed to possess the sole, authoritative Sikh Rehat. It affords other Sampardas and other rehats their proper respect. To illustrate this, the vegetarian DDT Singhs including Sachkhandvasi Baba Thakur Singh often made offerings of goats for jhatka when they visited the chaunis of the Nihang Singhs based around Chowk Mehta.  There were many jhatka eating or jhatka-supporting (Baba Nihal Singh Harienvela is a important example of the latter) Nihangs in Sant Ji's camp during the dharam Yudh morcha, and in the kharku outfits in the ensuing years. 

The Brahmgianis of the Taksaal have always realized the question of meat eating is irrelevant to Sikhi (as long as it is jhatka) and up to the individual Sikh, and that the heated arguments which others wage on behalf of their respective views endanger the ekta of the qaum. Taksaal has always, in my opinion, been the Jatha which works hardest for Panthic Ekta, which is why they maintain connections with groups as diverse as Nihangs, AKJ, Nirmalas and Udasis (particularly the latter two, which are shunned by most mainstream Sikhs). No other jatha/samparda casts their nets so wide. 

We should emulate the spirit of the great lion of panthic ekta, Sant Ji, and stand together, vegetarian or meat eater. This is what the Singhs of the 80's did, and look at what was accomplished. 

 

 

Edited by Balkaar
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Cow is a sacred animal it give milk. We should respect the cow. 

You silly cow. 

Lol. Sacred to Hindus. Our Guru Granth Sahib Ji is sacred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WJKK WJKF

A Sikh should only consume meat if their prepared to Jhatkaa it themselves. If you have not got the ability to Jhatkaa  a Cow or a chicken or any animal, then don't eat meat. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cow isn't a "mother" or anything of that sort. Last I checked my mother doesn't wander around India eating Garbage. My mother Mata Sahib Kaur Ji resides with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj watching over her more children (all whom are more agyakari than me :) ).

 

If people are going to argue that because cows gives milk that's why people don't eat them, read Suraj Prakash Granth. Goats give milk but were consumed by Sikhs.

Edited by Kira
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Balkaar said:

Kaurji, Taksali Maryada doesn't approve of meat eating, but Taksaal has never claimed to possess the sole, authoritative Sikh Rehat. It affords other Sampardas and other rehats their proper respect. To illustrate this, the vegetarian DDT Singhs including Sachkhandvasi Baba Thakur Singh often made offerings of goats for jhatka when they visited the chaunis of the Nihang Singhs based around Chowk Mehta.  There were many jhatka eating or jhatka-supporting (Baba Nihal Singh Harienvela is a important example of the latter) Nihangs in Sant Ji's camp during the dharam Yudh morcha, and in the kharku outfits in the ensuing years. 

The Brahmgianis of the Taksaal have always realized the question of meat eating is irrelevant to Sikhi (as long as it is jhatka) and up to the individual Sikh, and that the heated arguments which others wage on behalf of their respective views endanger the ekta of the qaum. Taksaal has always, in my opinion, been the Jatha which works hardest for Panthic Ekta, which is why they maintain connections with groups as diverse as Nihangs, AKJ, Nirmalas and Udasis (particularly the latter two, which are shunned by most mainstream Sikhs). No other jatha/samparda casts their nets so wide. 

We should emulate the spirit of the great lion of panthic ekta, Sant Ji, and stand together, vegetarian or meat eater. This is what the Singhs of the 80's did, and look at what was accomplished. 

 

 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Mhmm, I also think we should have ekta. There are many things that are not understood among some, but we are all still Sikhs. When I was blessed at the amrit sanchar, we were told to not eat meat (so I will follow that hukam). This topic also reminds me of "Kabira Teri Jhompri Gal Katiyan Ke Paas Jo Karenge So Bharenge Tu Kyon Bhayo Udaas". So I guess people can do what they'd like, but I will just work on myself. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • What was their run in over? A lot of the ISYF guys are khalistan lifers bro, sure some were snakes, but a lot still haven't turned their backs on it. Bains idk, he was briefly giving Badal a chance but cut him out very quick. I'd say he went neutral, rather pro-govt. Chauhan, Sohan and all them, still trying to learn more about them.  Very true. If they willed, they could set up Punjab, but why would they? I wouldn't be surprised if the fed govt already is waiting for agriculture to fail, and have a back up planned. They're too smart to remain dependant on Sikhs/Punjab. 
    • It sounds like you have issues with your situation that are being played out vicariously through your daughter.. The issue seems to be one between you and your relationship with your husband.. I think in this situation and to make sense of it,  it is worth disregarding the fact you are both amritdhari. You start by saying he is a angry man, and that you to get angry.. You also say that your daughter gets a lot of love.. It sounds very much like you feel that you have no control over your environment and are a passive player.. And hence the one thing you do have immutable influence over ie. Your daughter has become the battle ground...  Fundamentally it sounds like you're husband is not fulfilling his duties by raising his hand to your dastar he has committed a heinous act of violence..  You don't actually say anything bad about your mother in law so whilst she is not reprimanding your husband may be she is indirectly trying to express her love via your daughter.  You have no reason to feel guilty about your actions sounds like you are frustrated and upset and that needs to be addressed.. You need to speak to people around you not just your husband but may be your mother in law.. And share with her your feelings of powerlessness..  You may already have done some of these things but reading between the lines of what you have written fundamentally it seems like you are unhappy with your husbands behaviour..  Please forgive me if I have misunderstood  Good luck sister  SSA 
    • If you ask me, it's a declaration of war for someone to be pulling a Dastar, I wouldn't ever even tell Non-Sikhs to take off their religious objects; however, an Amritdhari telling another Amritdhari not to wear Dastar is what I'd consider an impossible situation. If you agree with the husband's actions, (which you said previously you don't), then I'd understand where you are coming from.   You seem to have some idealised worldview where every old person is some Mahapurukh, reality-check that's not the case at all, you may be blessed to have a Mahapurukh family, or you may not, the key is each individual case is different, if I heard that any of my female relatives were being insulted openly by some of their in-laws, I'd recommend the same. I haven't insulted any line of any shabad or your interpretation of the Shabad; however, you have to read the entire Shabad to grasp the full-meaning. But even what you are referring to is qualities of ancestors, not the ancestors themselves. Never claimed that. . They were Sikh sakhis, Modern Hinduism was only made when the Indo-Aryans and the Dravidians conquered the Adivasi population. Sikhi has existed since beginning of time. For the sake of keeping the topic at hand relevant, and since I respect you enough not to argue on something like this, I won't discuss more on whether the Sakhis are Hindu or Sikh. Ajamal was a Sikh, and the purpose of the Sakhi is to tell future Sikhs not to be going to prostitutes like Ganika. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji even prevented from whom if I remember correctly Bhai Joga Singh from going to prostitutes. (If this wrong, you have every right to correct me). Never did and Hopefully with his grace, never will. 
    • Well, if it's impossible, sure. But note that the the impossibility stems from krodh (anger) and haumai (ego) all around. Yet the same anger and ego that makes it impossible for a nuclear family to live with dadi also makes it impossible for husband and wife to live together, and then when the wife splits off, for the children to live with the mother and they will want to be legally emancipated because it's "impossbile". What we end up with is simply the same thing as the 21st century Leftist West: Do whatever you want to do. Which is another name for manmat: Doing what your mann wants. Seriously, bro? The tuk is Guru Sahib's, not mine. You are effectively questioning Gurbani. In any case, the point is not necessarily dadi recounting "we used to idol-worship Shiva back in the day", but all manner of things that your ancestors did: Some examples: how we cultivated the jungle region of Pakistan, the pain of partition, how people used to live simply, how we lost our business due to inability to pay back a loan and we had to struggle for 2 decades to get back on our feet,  how your grandfather's brother was born genetically deformed and how he had to help him all his life, how the servant was so poor she could not marry her daughter so we helped her out, etc, etc. Bro, dharam is not the same thing as getting up and doing Japji Sahib and wearing 5 kakkars (though that's required for us indeed). Dharam is not something that didn't exist before Guru Nanak Dev ji, and just came into existence when Guru Sahib was born, or started parchar. Dharam is something greater, and older. Read this tuk: ਸੁਣਿ ਸਾਖੀ ਮਨ ਜਪਿ ਪਿਆਰ ॥ Listen to the stories of the devotees, O my mind, and meditate with love. Now a question for you: Do you think the sakhis that Guru sahib says to listen to are "Sikh" sakhis or "Hindu" sakhis. Don't look ahead and cheat!!       ---- Answer: "Hindu" sakhis:   ਬਸੰਤੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੧ ਦੁਤੁਕੀਆ Basant, Fifth Mohalla, First House, Du-Tukee: ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru: ਸੁਣਿ ਸਾਖੀ ਮਨ ਜਪਿ ਪਿਆਰ ॥ Listen to the stories of the devotees, O my mind, and meditate with love. ਅਜਾਮਲੁ ਉਧਰਿਆ ਕਹਿ ਏਕ ਬਾਰ ॥ Ajaamal uttered the Lord's Name once, and was saved. ਬਾਲਮੀਕੈ ਹੋਆ ਸਾਧਸੰਗੁ ॥ Baalmeek found the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. ਧ੍ਰੂ ਕਉ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਸੰਗ ॥੧॥ The Lord definitely met Dhroo. ||1|| ਤੇਰਿਆ ਸੰਤਾ ਜਾਚਉ ਚਰਨ ਰੇਨ ॥ I beg for the dust of the feet of Your Saints. ਲੇ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਲਾਵਉ ਕਰਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਦੇਨ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ Please bless me with Your Mercy, Lord, that I may apply it to my forehead. ||1||Pause|| ਗਨਿਕਾ ਉਧਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਕਹੈ ਤੋਤ ॥ Ganika the prostitute was saved, when her parrot uttered the Lord's Name. ਗਜਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਧਿਆਇਓ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਓ ਮੋਖ ॥ The elephant meditated on the Lord, and was saved. ਬਿਪ੍ਰ ਸੁਦਾਮੇ ਦਾਲਦੁ ਭੰਜ ॥ He delivered the poor Brahmin Sudama out of poverty. ਰੇ ਮਨ ਤੂ ਭੀ ਭਜੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ॥੨॥ O my mind, you too must meditate and vibrate on the Lord of the Universe. ||2|| ਬਧਿਕੁ ਉਧਾਰਿਓ ਖਮਿ ਪ੍ਰਹਾਰ ॥ Even the hunter who shot an arrow at Krishna was saved. ਕੁਬਿਜਾ ਉਧਰੀ ਅੰਗੁਸਟ ਧਾਰ ॥ Kubija the hunchback was saved, when God placed His Feet on her thumb. ਬਿਦਰੁ ਉਧਾਰਿਓ ਦਾਸਤ ਭਾਇ ॥ Bidar was saved by his attitude of humility. ਰੇ ਮਨ ਤੂ ਭੀ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਇ ॥੩॥ O my mind, you too must meditate on the Lord. ||3|| ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦ ਰਖੀ ਹਰਿ ਪੈਜ ਆਪ ॥ The Lord Himself saved the honor of Prahlaad. ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਛੀਨਤ ਦ੍ਰੋਪਤੀ ਰਖੀ ਲਾਜ ॥ Even when she was being disrobed in court, Dropatee's honor was preserved. ਜਿਨਿ ਜਿਨਿ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਅੰਤ ਬਾਰ ॥ Those who have served the Lord, even at the very last instant of their lives, are saved. ਰੇ ਮਨ ਸੇਵਿ ਤੂ ਪਰਹਿ ਪਾਰ ॥੪॥ O my mind, serve Him, and you shall be carried across to the other side. ||4|| ਧੰਨੈ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਬਾਲ ਬੁਧਿ ॥ Dhanna served the Lord, with the innocence of a child. ਤ੍ਰਿਲੋਚਨ ਗੁਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਭਈ ਸਿਧਿ ॥ Meeting with the Guru, Trilochan attained the perfection of the Siddhas. ਬੇਣੀ ਕਉ ਗੁਰਿ ਕੀਓ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸੁ ॥ The Guru blessed Baynee with His Divine Illumination. ਰੇ ਮਨ ਤੂ ਭੀ ਹੋਹਿ ਦਾਸੁ ॥੫॥ O my mind, you too must be the Lord's slave. ||5|| ਜੈਦੇਵ ਤਿਆਗਿਓ ਅਹੰਮੇਵ ॥ Jai Dayv gave up his egotism. ਨਾਈ ਉਧਰਿਓ ਸੈਨੁ ਸੇਵ ॥ Sain the barber was saved through his selfless service. ਮਨੁ ਡੀਗਿ ਨ ਡੋਲੈ ਕਹੂੰ ਜਾਇ ॥ Do not let your mind waver or wander; do not let it go anywhere. ਮਨ ਤੂ ਭੀ ਤਰਸਹਿ ਸਰਣਿ ਪਾਇ ॥੬॥ O my mind, you too shall cross over; seek the Sanctuary of God. ||6||\ ਜਿਹ ਅਨੁਗ੍ਰਹੁ ਠਾਕੁਰਿ ਕੀਓ ਆਪਿ ॥ O my Lord and Master, You have shown Your Mercy to them. ਸੇ ਤੈਂ ਲੀਨੇ ਭਗਤ ਰਾਖਿ ॥ You saved those devotees. ਤਿਨ ਕਾ ਗੁਣੁ ਅਵਗਣੁ ਨ ਬੀਚਾਰਿਓ ਕੋਇ ॥ You do not take their merits and demerits into account. ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਦੇਖਿ ਮਨੁ ਲਗਾ ਸੇਵ ॥੭॥ Seeing these ways of Yours, I have dedicated my mind to Your service. ||7|| ਕਬੀਰਿ ਧਿਆਇਓ ਏਕ ਰੰਗ ॥ Kabeer meditated on the One Lord with love. ਨਾਮਦੇਵ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਬਸਹਿ ਸੰਗਿ ॥ Naam Dayv lived with the Dear Lord. ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਧਿਆਏ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਅਨੂਪ ॥ Ravi Daas meditated on God, the Incomparably Beautiful. ਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਰੂਪ ॥੮॥੧॥ Guru Nanak Dayv is the Embodiment of the Lord of the Universe. ||8||1||   ਬਸੰਤੁ (ਮਃ ੫) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅੰਗ ੧੧੯੨    Was Ajamal a "Hindu" or a "Sikh"? Why did Guru Sahib tell us to remember his sakhI? Please answer these two questions. Don't doubt Guru Sahib. He is Satguru, we are followers. Note for Hinduphobes: If you read the entire shabad, Guru Arjan Dev ji lists all the "Hindu" personalities that we should remember, but at the very end says Guru Nanak Dev ji is the very form of God. Meaning that the Avatars (Ram Chander, Krishan Bhagvan, etc.) had some level of powers from God, but they were not God. Not so for Guru Nanak Dev ji.
    • anyone watch these 2 documentaries that were made? if so whats your thoughts?