Guest GuptKhals

Guest GuptKhals

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I was just wondering (after spending some going through the pages of some Sikh Organisations/personalities on facebook and instagram) that what exactly does it take for a person to become a Sikh Parcharik. In the modern day, we have, sadly, limited young parchariks who are truly dedicated to Sikhi (in and out) and can set as role model to the panth themselves, especially the younger generations outside India. Anyway, I found many who do regular kirtan are not following rehat (not hating, no worries) even though they sing bani beautifully, while some camp organisers/helpers also do not seem to be following rehat. While they are doing sewa, the thing that made me ask about the requirements for a person to become a parcharik/start a sikh organisation or participate in committee is that: a few days ago, i was listening to katha and they mentioned about great parchariks (during Guru Arjan Dev Ji's time, if i am not wrong) who preached very beautifully to others but cried to guru ji because their life was very different from what they preached to people.

So who can take up the sewa of parchar? Who should be handling Sikh Organisations and Committee, (or even Charities)?

9 hours ago, Guest GuptKhals said:

So who can take up the sewa of parchar? Who should be handling Sikh Organisations and Committee, (or even Charities)?

I thought it would have been SCUK (Sikh Council UK), as this is the description in their About section on FB, but I don't think there's any organisation that monitors or assesses parcharik in the UK, but there seems no mention of that as their role. 

The Sikh Council UK unites the Sikh community by providing a common platform for Gurdwaras and organisations, while supporting and promoting their religious, educational, welfare & charity, heritage and political objectives. The Council also takes up Sikh issues and concerns with the governments and agencies, public and private sector bodies.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/SikhCouncilUK1/about/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

9 hours ago, Guest GuptKhals said:

I was just wondering (after spending some going through the pages of some Sikh Organisations/personalities on facebook and instagram) that what exactly does it take for a person to become a Sikh Parcharik.

Basics of Sikhi Academy have their own requirements:

http://www.basicsofsikhi.com/academy/

Sikhi2Inspire, I couldn't find what their requirements are, or if they train or take on new parchariks/sevadars, but here's their link anyways:

http://www.sikh2inspire.org/

The Sikh charities, again don't know if there is any organisation for them too. 

Remember there are prachariks also from Nirmala and Udasi sampradaiye, and basically some of these are not visible from the SGPC's picture of the panth.

We need to look at the much wider picture of who can do proper parchar. Some of the prachariks we have now could not even match the level of the sadhus sants or just bhagats found in those sampradaiye. We are better off with these than people going off to others such as Radhasoamis or Nirankaris. The reason people are attracted to them is because they try and do deep prachar and relate their sangat to those. But in sikh panth, nirmalas and Udasis do the same. The problem with our regular pracharaks is that most of them don't go deep enough, or don't use proper sources such as Suraj Parkash or Guru Gobind Singh's banis, and even then they can't relate the sangat to the prachar.

And I know for a fact those sampradaiye are in uk as well.

Have a listen to a few interviews of prominent kathaavichaks such as Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh and Bhai Vishal Singh. 

You'll notice the same qualities of which is the essence of Sikhi - humility, a lot of bhagtee and sangat/bakshish from Sants. 

Here's one for Giani Vishal Singh

Guest Jacfsing2

Officially there aren't many rules if you make your own Jatha for prachar. Sadly we have very limited people who even want to do prachar, due to them not being paid much or even respected, and if they ever become big-time, some AKJs or Missionaries, (other Jathas won't waste much time due to pure numbers), will make some useless controversy. Something I will also add is that we are a bit too demanding of our pracharks, we want them to endorse Pakhand one-way or another, and if the Prachark is a true Sikh, we puah them away from the little support they have.

So if you made your own Prachar group the only thing that people will expect from you is that you are Amritdhari, which isn't a high caliber, but that's all people reasonably can expect, as we push people away.

On 16/7/2017 at 11:35 AM, Guest GuptKhals said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

A) a few days ago, i was listening to katha and they mentioned about great parchariks (during Guru Arjan Dev Ji's time, if i am not wrong) who preached very beautifully to others but cried to guru ji because their life was very different from what they preached to people.

B) So who can take up the sewa of parchar?

A) That is becuase, one thing is being pure and Truthful, like our Guru Sahiban, the embodiment of Truth, and another thing is, we ordinary human beings trying to imitate them, or live up to the top of their teachings: Sikhee.

We maybe good as being skilled talkatives, but, being one with the Truth, and let that flow out in a natural way as with them, our beloved Guru Sahiban, is quite different, we are limited...they are not, in no way.

When they speak, it is Akal Purukh through them.

B) First of all deep love and respect for sikhee, secondly sadh sangat with the highly advanced gursikhs, the ones with  polished minds, pure souls, due to their inmense Bhakti of Wahiguru and unconditional surrender to Him.

When this is achieved, then, the singing of His mahima will be sehaj.

Sat Sree Akal.