Jump to content
PreetamSingh

In Defense of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur

Recommended Posts

Kira    1,218

The person in the video contradicted himself through the video. He proclaimed Baba Ji as a Brahmgyani (which he was) but at the same time said Baba Ji made a mistake with "Fateh Darshan" as a way of performing slang for the full Fateh, I sincerely doubt someone on that spiritual level would make any use of any form of slang, especially for something given by Guru Father. Which is it? Quite a portion of it seems contradictory to what was written a good few hundred years after Baba Ji's martyrdom in Suraj Parkash (bearing in mind Kavi Ji spent a good few decades researching and gathering information for it).

 

Baba Ji was an amazing leader, extremely powerful (spiritually and physically). Guru Sahib appointed him to a task but Baba Ji (according to Suraj Parkash Granth) also made mistakes (not destroying Sirhind like he was ordered to, turning on the Khalsa, insulting Guru Mata and so on) which resulted in God taking away his powers and might. In all honesty we need a proper historical re-evaluation of his fascinating history. Most definitely there's truth in Kavi Ji's words but at the same time there may be more to it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dallysingh101    1,582
3 minutes ago, Kira said:

The person in the video contradicted himself through the video. He proclaimed Baba Ji as a Brahmgyani (which he was) but at the same time said Baba Ji made a mistake with "Fateh Darshan" as a way of performing slang for the full Fateh, I sincerely doubt someone on that spiritual level would make any use of any form of slang, especially for something given by Guru Father. Which is it? Quite a portion of it seems contradictory to what was written a good few hundred years after Baba Ji's martyrdom in Suraj Parkash (bearing in mind Kavi Ji spent a good few decades researching and gathering information for it).

 

Baba Ji was an amazing leader, extremely powerful (spiritually and physically). Guru Sahib appointed him to a task but Baba Ji (according to Suraj Parkash Granth) also made mistakes (not destroying Sirhind like he was ordered to, turning on the Khalsa, insulting Guru Mata and so on) which resulted in God taking away his powers and might. In all honesty we need a proper historical re-evaluation of his fascinating history. Most definitely there's truth in Kavi Ji's words but at the same time there may be more to it all. 

Bhangu's Panth Prakash is also a great source on Banda Singh Bahadhur. 

There is this strong tendency by many apnay to whitewash (essentially rewrite) history to make it inline with some sort of preconceived (usually romanticised) image they have in their head. I think this way of thinking stems from victorian/anglo/protestant christian values  from the colonial period (that people have imbibed), because prior to that, indigenous Sikh historiography had no problems with warts and all accounts of Sikh history. After the 'annexation' Sikh historians all of a sudden felt compelled to start rewriting/hiding stuff. After a century of that, we've ended up in a strange position where we are overly suspicious of our own pre-colonial literature and whilst our ancestors had no problem with the contents, people today struggle to accept them.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Destruction    155
4 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bhangu's Panth Prakash is also a great source on Banda Singh Bahadhur. 

There is this strong tendency by many apnay to whitewash (essentially rewrite) history to make it inline with some sort of preconceived (usually romanticised) image they have in their head. I think this way of thinking stems from victorian/anglo/protestant christian values  from the colonial period (that people have imbibed), because prior to that, indigenous Sikh historiography had no problems with warts and all accounts of Sikh history. After the 'annexation' Sikh historians all of a sudden felt compelled to start rewriting/hiding stuff. After a century of that, we've ended up in a strange position where we are overly suspicious of our own pre-colonial literature and whilst our ancestors had no problem with the contents, people today struggle to accept them.  

Spot on mate!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kira    1,218
8 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bhangu's Panth Prakash is also a great source on Banda Singh Bahadhur. 

There is this strong tendency by many apnay to whitewash (essentially rewrite) history to make it inline with some sort of preconceived (usually romanticised) image they have in their head. I think this way of thinking stems from victorian/anglo/protestant christian values  from the colonial period (that people have imbibed), because prior to that, indigenous Sikh historiography had no problems with warts and all accounts of Sikh history. After the 'annexation' Sikh historians all of a sudden felt compelled to start rewriting/hiding stuff. After a century of that, we've ended up in a strange position where we are overly suspicious of our own pre-colonial literature and whilst our ancestors had no problem with the contents, people today struggle to accept them.  

100% right. The author of this hasn't quoted any sources whatsoever. I've not read Panth Prakash yet but its on my to do list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jacfsing2    1,845

Banda Singh Bahadur was a great man, but he was not perfect. Problems with this video is that it over-exerts his success without a fair and unbiased view. Simply being chosen by the light of God himself couldn't stop him, Bahadur Shah himself worked with Guru Sahib, so that would mean he's great as well, but we all know the history. Even the legendary blessed Damdami Taksal, an institution made by Guru Sahib himself, led by Mahapurukhs since Baba Deep Singh Ji to Baba Thakur Singh Ji is also far from perfection,( in modern day). People are going to do what feels right, rather than what's actually right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Destruction    155
13 minutes ago, Kira said:

I've not read Panth Prakash yet but its on my to do list.

Dear Kira,

 

you can find panth Parkash on "scribd" app

Edited by Destruction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kira    1,218
1 minute ago, Destruction said:

Dear Kira,

 

you can find panth Parkash on "scribd" app

thanks bro, im aware :D. I just don't have the time right now haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dallysingh101    1,582
38 minutes ago, Kira said:

thanks bro, im aware :D. I just don't have the time right now haha.

The section on Banda Singh (at the end of volume one) will blow your mind. It isn't too long either. 

 

Here it is, for whenever you are ready:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/54832175/Vol-1-SRI-GUR-PANTH-PRAKASH-by-Rattan-Singh-Bhangoo-Trans-Kulwant-Singh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kira    1,218
8 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

The section on Banda Singh (at the end of volume one) will blow your mind. It isn't too long either. 

 

Here it is, for whenever you are ready:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/54832175/Vol-1-SRI-GUR-PANTH-PRAKASH-by-Rattan-Singh-Bhangoo-Trans-Kulwant-Singh

ill give it a smash before bedtime tonight.

 

 

Edit: I read a bit, this seems eerily familiar to me.

Edited by Kira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13Mirch    866
On 7/14/2017 at 1:41 AM, dallysingh101 said:

The section on Banda Singh (at the end of volume one) will blow your mind. It isn't too long either. 

 

Here it is, for whenever you are ready:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/54832175/Vol-1-SRI-GUR-PANTH-PRAKASH-by-Rattan-Singh-Bhangoo-Trans-Kulwant-Singh

https://tisarpanthdotcom.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/in-the-age-of-the-sword/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jonny101    4,072

Finally, someone has done a good job in defending Baba Ji. Although I think they could have done even more but even a little bit is good in defending Baba Ji. many snatanis will not like this one bit. It is understandable since they have tried very hard to demonize Baba Ji with lies and pure Nindya. But Baba Banda Singh Bahadur is like the moon. Those who try to spit at the moon will soon regret it when their own spit lands back on their face.

People do not realize how much Paap they are burdening themselves under by doing Nindya of a Brahmgiani like Baba Ji. We had some Nindaks tried to do the same to Sant Jee but no one listens to them anymore. Same is with Baba Banda Singh Bahadur. Baba Jee is very much respected by the Sikh masses as a spotless Sikh personality. And God willing, Baba Jee's memory and prestige will be enhanced even more in future

Edited by Jonny101
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mahakaal96    245
1 hour ago, Jonny101 said:

Finally, someone has done a good job in defending Baba Ji. Although I think they could have done even more but even a little bit is good in defending Baba Ji. many snatanis will not like this one bit. It is understandable since they have tried very hard to demonize Baba Ji with lies and pure Nindya. But Baba Banda Singh Bahadur is like the moon. Those who try to spit at the moon will soon regret it when their own spit lands back on their face.

People do not realize how much Paap they are burdening themselves under by doing Nindya of a Brahmgiani like Baba Ji. We had some Nindaks tried to do the same to Sant Jee but no one listens to them anymore. Same is with Baba Banda Singh Bahadur. Baba Jee is very much respected by the Sikh masses as a spotless Sikh personality. And God willing, Baba Jee's memory and prestige will be enhanced even more in future

As opposed to the paap you burdened yourself with when you did maha nindya of Baba Binod Singh..... when you was challenged you ran away from this site with your tail between your legs. There's hukamname from Mata Sundar Ji telling the sangat to not follow Banda anymore as he went of the path of gurmat. Rattan Singh Bhangu was from a family of great gursikhs, he's a much more reliable source then any of these other modern 'historians'. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13Mirch    866
1 hour ago, Jonny101 said:

Finally, someone has done a good job in defending Baba Ji. Although I think they could have done even more but even a little bit is good in defending Baba Ji. many snatanis will not like this one bit. It is understandable since they have tried very hard to demonize Baba Ji with lies and pure Nindya. But Baba Banda Singh Bahadur is like the moon. Those who try to spit at the moon will soon regret it when their own spit lands back on their face.

People do not realize how much Paap they are burdening themselves under by doing Nindya of a Brahmgiani like Baba Ji. We had some Nindaks tried to do the same to Sant Jee but no one listens to them anymore. Same is with Baba Banda Singh Bahadur. Baba Jee is very much respected by the Sikh masses as a spotless Sikh personality. And God willing, Baba Jee's memory and prestige will be enhanced even more in future

I replied back to you on a similar discussion regarding this particular topic. There, you ran away with your tail between your legs when I put up an audio clip in which Sant Jarnail Singh Ji concurs with Bhangu's perception of Baba Banda Singh. Want me to put it up one more time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jonny101    4,072
1 hour ago, Mahakaal96 said:

As opposed to the paap you burdened yourself with when you did maha nindya of Baba Binod Singh..... when you was challenged you ran away from this site with your tail between your legs. There's hukamname from Mata Sundar Ji telling the sangat to not follow Banda anymore as he went of the path of gurmat. Rattan Singh Bhangu was from a family of great gursikhs, he's a much more reliable source then any of these other modern 'historians'. 

Why would I respect the person who disobeyed his leader at a critical time, got Jageer from the Mughals and then used his power and influence to get his son freed from Mughal captivity while letting hundreds of Singh's get Shaheed in Delhi. He was a Santa Singh of his time period. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×