singhbj singh

The permanent building for Redbridge’s first Sikh School is on its way after the foundations were laid at the weekend

Community celebrates groundbreaking ceremony at Sikh school Atam Academy.

The school, which will eventually house pupils aged four to 18, is the third Sikh free school in the capital and the first of its kind in east London.

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/community-celebrates-groundbreaking-ceremony-at-sikh-school-atam-academy-1-5099303

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

•   I think what is happening to Jaggi is horrible.  I did not know who this guy was before this happened, but he seems like a decent guy, and I've appreciated the website that he made for a long time.  I'm glad the Sikh community in the UK is mobilizing and putting pressure on the Punjab govt, and I hope he gets released soon.     1.  How could I have made the same post and not mentioned the fact that he had a haircut?  My point was entirely centered on the theory that this guy is can identify as a Sikh when he wants and fly under the radar when that is more convenient, PRECISELY BECAUSE HE HAS A HAIRCUT.  So you are wrong, I could not have made the same post without mentioning that fact.  Why do you have a problem with me using the term "mona"?  And why are you saying that I am causing a division?  Should we completely refrain from referring to any unique characteristics that people have in order to avoid "division"?  I wish people would stop being so overly politically correct and sensitive.  I merely referred to him as a mona.  I did not follow that up with any value judgement.  Should I be offended if someone refers to me as a Singh, or a Punjabi or a male or an American?  Is anyone who refers to these aspects of my identity "causing a division"?     2.  Yes, what you say is correct in theory.  But in reality, any Sikh who has even a vague idea of what has occurred in Punjab since the late 1970s would know that India is a democracy in name only.  Theory and reality are two different things.  In theory, I should be able to walk around the worst slums in America at 3 am and not be worried that I'm going to get mugged because, you know, it's against the law to mug someone.  In reality, only someone who lacks common sense would go out in that situation without an awareness of the risk they are taking. I agree with you that Sikhs need to take a long, hard look at at what they call their motherland and the lack of respect they get there.
    • I have had a strong urge to cut my hair and get a cool hairstyle but i fear god's wrath and losing guru's support too  What should i do ? i seriously wanted to experience being a monah once . 
    • The problem with all these Persian words is that makes us Punjabis look like a complete bunch of incompetents.  It means that we could not come up with anything without the Persian introducing it to us.  
    • For OP here are the bani im fond of doing from Dasam Pita's Granth. Chandi Charitar, Chandi Di Vaar, Akaal Ustat Chaupai, Sri Kaal Chaupai, Batichar Natek (portion I love doing is from  ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥ 
       ਤਿਨ ਬੇਦੀਅਨ ਕੀ ਕੁਲ ਬਿਖੈ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੇ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਇ ॥  ਸਭ ਸਿੱਖਨ ਕੋ ਸੁਖ ਦਏ ਜਹ ਤਹ ਭਏ ਸਹਾਇ ॥੪॥ till about the first battle of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj), I also regularly recite Devi Ji ki ustat from Krishna avatar (the one at the beginning that praises Akaal Purkh's Shakti), Bhagauti Astrot too along with Shabad Hazare P.10, Swayiya Deen Ki. In the process of adding the Manglacharan of Sri Sarbloh Granth into my daily nitnem too so I would recommend trying to recite that too.
    • Guest Kaur 2
      VJKK VJKF Western traditions are getting in the way of potentially amritdhari Sikhs, the way media and bad Sangat brainwashes us into thinking about what really matters in life is working. People nowadays care more about what others think of them and to them as far as religion is concerned, as long as they go to the gurdwara once a month they think that they are a Sikh. We should be able to recognise a Sikh not only by appearance but by actions too. We should try our level-best to educate kids nowadays in order to help them in future. At least if ur parents didn't particularly help us we should help kids nowadays. VJKK VJKF