• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Akalisingh1699

Sant jarnail singh ji and motorcycles

6 posts in this topic

Wjkk wjkf. I had a question regarding sant jarnail singh. In many of sant jis speeches he does benti to the sangat that every pind in punjab must have revolvers and a motorcycle. I understand the revolver part because sikhs need to keep shastars, but i do not understand why does every pind need a motorcycle. Can anyone in the sangat please explain this to me. Bulha chuka kehma muaf. Wjkk wjkf

A mode of transportation needed to travel. In 80's very few (extremely few) could afford a car- so only option was a bike.

5 hours ago, S1ngh said:

A mode of transportation needed to travel. In 80's very few (extremely few) could afford a car- so only option was a bike.

Even bikes must hv been costly back then. Also bullet nd royal enfield were only options

1 person likes this

The reason motorcycles are better for protected a pind, or even a city over a car is because while a motorcycle requires better balance, what it offers is higher mobility over a car or a truck. Also unlike a car, motorcycles are completely in the open which would allow them more accurate ways to shoot a firearm. 

13 hours ago, Akalisingh1699 said:

Wjkk wjkf. I had a question regarding sant jarnail singh. In many of sant jis speeches he does benti to the sangat that every pind in punjab must have revolvers and a motorcycle. I understand the revolver part because sikhs need to keep shastars, but i do not understand why does every pind need a motorcycle. Can anyone in the sangat please explain this to me. Bulha chuka kehma muaf. Wjkk wjkf

Sant Ji's advice hearkens back to the way puraatan Sikhs waged war. Sikhs were outnumbered then, as they were outnumbered in the 80's (and now), and the most effective way for an outnumbered, outgunned group to fight against steep odds is to employ hit and run tactics. This was why virtually every Sikh soldier of the misl era fought in a singular way, mounted on a nimble horse and armed with a matchlock rifle. The motorcycles of today are like the horses of yesteryear, allowing Singhs to pick off their enemies with deadly precision from a distance, and then beat a swift retreat to continue the fight later. Sikhs would never have won in a plain firefight against the GOI, the motorcycle enabled kharkus to eliminate strategically important targets quickly and easily, and then flee, threading through narrow gaps in the streets and gallis in a way that a gaddi just can't. Basically it was the perfect vehicle for guerilla warfare and the assassination of panth dhokiaan. 

Edited by Balkaar
3 people like this