Guest ChardiKala

Guest ChardiKala

Guru Granth Sahib forbids eating of halal or any meat killed according to ritual beliefs. Muslims have successfully lobbied to get most of the restuarants even in Sikh populated areas to serve only Halal food. However, it hurts me to see keshdhari Sikhs sitting in Shwarma place and other Pakistani joints happily eating Halal food. When you talk to them, they plead ignorance. These are the same Sikhs who tend to lecture other mona Sikhs about keeping kesh. Why are they not following the tenants and protesting about the creeping Halal everywhere? Our school where 50% of the students are Sikh now serve Halal hot dogs because of only 5% Muslims. None of the Sikhs care about this. Muslims are using Halal certification to build mosques in every street and actively convert people, but use Sikhs are happy eating Biryani!

When I bring this up in Gurdwara they say we should only be vegetarian, when all the committee members eat meat and close to 90% Sikhs are non-veg (also Gurbani does not prohibit meat). I am so confused at this hypocrisy. Anyone agree with me?