Jump to content
AjeetSinghPunjabi

How can we educate sikhs who go to hindu mandirs ? ... How about using reverse psychology ?

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

What a joke.. 

 

 

I agree, for someone that claims to have studied Sikh Philosophy for 30 years and has never lifted a Gurmukhi book it is a joke. For someone that acts like such a man of knowledge but struggles with basic grammar and reading comprehension it is a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kira said:

I agree, for someone that claims to have studied Sikh Philosophy for 30 years and has never lifted a Gurmukhi book it is a joke. For someone that acts like such a man of knowledge but struggles with basic grammar and reading comprehension it is a joke.

Very very poor. The thread speaks for itself. 

God help us all ignorance is everywhere. 

Edited by Sukhvirk1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Very very poor. The thread speaks for itself. 

God help us all ignorance is everywhere. 

Thank you for proving my point even more. You're a middle age man who seems to get off on talking down on others despite the fact almost everyone here probably knows more than you. How sad and pathetic. God should really help you, perhaps give you some extra brain cells to fill the space where you keep your massive ego.

 

The thread does speak for itself, you tried to virtue signal, failed miserably and now once again you start whining about ignorance being everywhere but within you, its the Sheikh Farid thread all over the again. Maybe go off, learn the proper text (the 3 Granths, the historical Granths) and then come to the table to talk child. A 40 year old man that claims to have studied Sikh Philosophy without lifting a single finger to study Gurmukhi at its core very hilarious, I guess next we'll have Islamic Arab scholars who are experts on the Quran without touching its original Arabic source.

 

You're free to shout, cry, whine all you want. At the end of the day you've tried multiple times to discredit OP and failed miserably. All this thread has shown is you're a massive hypocrite trying to pass yourself off as someone you're not. 

 

Ciao~

Edited by Kira
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

This is the best one I've found:

 

http://g2s.learnpunjabi.org/unipad.aspx

Use the ਫੋਨੈਟਿਕ mode. 

Appreciate that, is there a way to use numbers on this system? (My Gurmukhi level is pretty basic, so if anyone could explain where on the website it is in Punjabi, that would be great). Trying to write this on the system

: "ੴ", *(from Gurbani site)

8 hours ago, simran345 said:

Android :

 

Iphone :

http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/#/iphadaaeb5f

 

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ

Thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Appreciate that, is there a way to use numbers on this system? (My Gurmukhi level is pretty basic, so if anyone could explain where on the website it is in Punjabi, that would be great). Trying to write this on the system

: "ੴ", *(from Gurbani site)

 

Type what numbers you want in the pad and then hit the return button. It converts them. 

 

Look at the attached image. If you click on (1) look at big red arrows. You get the keyboard up. 

You can see that the ik oankaar symbol is already there too (look at arrow 2).

5969010e720e9_typingpad.png.2c604e500677627915b87ff21ef2e8ec.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kira said:

Thank you for proving my point even more. You're a middle age man who seems to get off on talking down on others despite the fact almost everyone here probably knows more than you. How sad and pathetic. God should really help you, perhaps give you some extra brain cells to fill the space where you keep your massive ego.

 

The thread does speak for itself, you tried to virtue signal, failed miserably and now once again you start whining about ignorance being everywhere but within you, its the Sheikh Farid thread all over the again. Maybe go off, learn the proper text (the 3 Granths, the historical Granths) and then come to the table to talk child. A 40 year old man that claims to have studied Sikh Philosophy without lifting a single finger to study Gurmukhi at its core very hilarious, I guess next we'll have Islamic Arab scholars who are experts on the Quran without touching its original Arabic source.

 

You're free to shout, cry, whine all you want. At the end of the day you've tried multiple times to discredit OP and failed miserably. All this thread has shown is you're a massive hypocrite trying to pass yourself off as someone you're not. 

 

Ciao~

How ridiculous you never even addressed one of my points.. 

Pot kettle, kettle pot... 

I think anyone who goes through the thread will be able to discern who used the pejoratives and who didn't.. 

All you have done is let off hot air, you haven't even stated what it is you are raging against.. Or how my post and opinion was flawed.. As usual all you have done is say "go away and study... Blah blah blah". 

Why don't you provide a considered intellectual response, one which picks away at my opinion and how it is flawed.. If you are as learned as you say critical analysis should not be a alien concept.. It may be said to form the foundation of dialogue, the pursuit of truth even! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kira said:

Thank you for proving my point even more. You're a middle age man who seems to get off on talking down on others despite the fact almost everyone here probably knows more than you. How sad and pathetic. God should really help you, perhaps give you some extra brain cells to fill the space where you keep your massive ego.

 

The thread does speak for itself, you tried to virtue signal, failed miserably and now once again you start whining about ignorance being everywhere but within you, its the Sheikh Farid thread all over the again. Maybe go off, learn the proper text (the 3 Granths, the historical Granths) and then come to the table to talk child. A 40 year old man that claims to have studied Sikh Philosophy without lifting a single finger to study Gurmukhi at its core very hilarious, I guess next we'll have Islamic Arab scholars who are experts on the Quran without touching its original Arabic source.

 

You're free to shout, cry, whine all you want. At the end of the day you've tried multiple times to discredit OP and failed miserably. All this thread has shown is you're a massive hypocrite trying to pass yourself off as someone you're not. 

 

Ciao~

Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group. The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue—especially piety among the religious.[1] Since 2015, the term has become more commonly used as a pejorative characterization by commentators to criticize what they regard as the platitudinous, empty, or superficial support of certain political views, and also used within groups to criticize their own members for valuing outward appearance over substantive action.[2][3][4] This more recent usage of the term has been criticized for misusing the concept of signalling and encouraging lazy thinking.[5]

 

I have clearly expressed what have informed my own opinion.. Please tell me yours.. 

I think you might be projecting.. Its far easier to be outraged all the time and dogmatic and not really understanding why.. I get it we all feel safe in not challenging ourselves and developing fixed ideological positions.. A true Sikh is fearless in the pursuit of truth, seek it out everywhere.. Those opinions that are seemingly abhorrent are the first to learn about so you know why you have rejected something... 

The irony is you picked a fight with me where the original poster did not even get involved.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

How ridiculous you never even addressed one of my points.. 

Pot kettle, kettle pot... 

I think anyone who goes through the thread will be able to discern who used the pejoratives and who didn't.. 

All you have done is let off hot air, you haven't even stated what it is you are raging against.. Or how my post and opinion was flawed.. As usual all you have done is say "go away and study... Blah blah blah". 

Why don't you provide a considered intellectual response, one which picks away at my opinion and how it is flawed.. If you are as learned as you say critical analysis should not be a alien concept.. It may be said to form the foundation of dialogue, the pursuit of truth even! 

Once again at it with the rage, you seem to enjoy getting off on imagining me sitting there having a spastic attack over what I read, sorry to break it to you but I generally remain calm.

I answered all your points, yet you're either far too dim to see that or you simply try to use a smoke screen. Honestly if you feel you need everything spoon fed to you then I worry about your supposed intellect. 

You attacked OP over him saying Sikhs shouldn't be allowed to go to Mandirs periods, I showed you you were wrong. You tried to be Pedantic, that backfired. You accused him of taking Gurbani out of context (don't deny it) and failed there. I don't even know why you keep saying I didn't answer your points, I actually did. Once again you need to learn to read.

11 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group. The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue—especially piety among the religious.[1] Since 2015, the term has become more commonly used as a pejorative characterization by commentators to criticize what they regard as the platitudinous, empty, or superficial support of certain political views, and also used within groups to criticize their own members for valuing outward appearance over substantive action.[2][3][4] This more recent usage of the term has been criticized for misusing the concept of signalling and encouraging lazy thinking.[5]

 

I have clearly expressed what have informed my own opinion.. Please tell me yours.. 

I think you might be projecting.. Its far easier to be outraged all the time and dogmatic and not really understanding why.. I get it we all feel safe in not challenging ourselves and developing fixed ideological positions.. A true Sikh is fearless in the pursuit of truth, seek it out everywhere.. Those opinions that are seemingly abhorrent are the first to learn about so you know why you have rejected something... 

The irony is you picked a fight with me where the original poster did not even get involved.. 

Ironic coming from someone who in his time spent "learning" about Sikh Philosophy hasn't even bothered to study Gurmukhi at its core. I've already expressed my views, they were outlined in Gurbani. I even gave you a bani to refer to. You simply choose to ignore it.

Sorry to disappoint you but my opinions/ideology has changed constantly since I've come to this forum, you're free to scan around if you want. Yet you sit here as a middle aged man who hasn't lifted a finger to follow the very things you preach on here. I think the only person here who's afraid to learn from the very core is you because you fear you'll find out you were wrong or worse come across something you can't handle. In all honesty spend less time coming on here and expressing ill found theories and more on actually learning. I have nothing more to say to you, You've been outed as someone hasn't bothered learning actual Sikhi but are content learning from second hand and mundane sources. I have nothing more to say to you. Thus far in this thread you've tried to have the moral high ground. Please continue preaching down from your perch. You demand evidence on threads yet you'll never present it, You're clearly an extremely lazy man. 

 

Enjoy living in your ignorance, perhaps one day you'll learn Gurmukhi and stop reading translations. 30 years you had and 30 years you decided not to. Case and point because you want academic reasoning but you've never bothered doing it yourself.

giphy.gif 

 

Anyways feel free to continue acting like you possess the moral high ground. Kira out.

 

giphy.gif

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kira said:

Once again at it with the rage, you seem to enjoy getting off on imagining me sitting there having a spastic attack over what I read, sorry to break it to you but I generally remain calm.

I answered all your points, yet you're either far too dim to see that or you simply try to use a smoke screen. Honestly if you feel you need everything spoon fed to you then I worry about your supposed intellect. 

You attacked OP over him saying Sikhs shouldn't be allowed to go to Mandirs periods, I showed you you were wrong. You tried to be Pedantic, that backfired. You accused him of taking Gurbani out of context (don't deny it) and failed there. I don't even know why you keep saying I didn't answer your points, I actually did. Once again you need to learn to read.

Ironic coming from someone who in his time spent "learning" about Sikh Philosophy hasn't even bothered to study Gurmukhi at its core. I've already expressed my views, they were outlined in Gurbani. I even gave you a bani to refer to. You simply choose to ignore it.

Sorry to disappoint you but my opinions/ideology has changed constantly since I've come to this forum, you're free to scan around if you want. Yet you sit here as a middle aged man who hasn't lifted a finger to follow the very things you preach on here. I think the only person here who's afraid to learn from the very core is you because you fear you'll find out you were wrong or worse come across something you can't handle. In all honesty spend less time coming on here and expressing ill found theories and more on actually learning. I have nothing more to say to you, You've been outed as someone hasn't bothered learning actual Sikhi but are content learning from second hand and mundane sources. I have nothing more to say to you. Thus far in this thread you've tried to have the moral high ground. Please continue preaching down from your perch. You demand evidence on threads yet you'll never present it, You're clearly an extremely lazy man. 

 

Enjoy living in your ignorance, perhaps one day you'll learn Gurmukhi and stop reading translations. 30 years you had and 30 years you decided not to. Case and point because you want academic reasoning but you've never bothered doing it yourself.

giphy.gif 

 

Anyways feel free to continue acting like you possess the moral high ground. Kira out.

 

giphy.gif

 

 

 

How very presumptuous of you.. I'm really very pleased for you  that you have understood Gurmukhi to its core.. I find it a never ending journey.. 

What my age has to do with anything I really don't know.? 

You have taken a quote from bani can you please provide a translation? Just so it's obvious what you're interpretation is..? Don't worry I don't actually expect you to do it. Some misdirection is sure to follow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

You have taken a quote from bani can you please provide a translation? Just so it's obvious what you're interpretation is..? Don't worry I don't actually expect you to do it. Some misdirection is sure to follow 

You can't even read Gurmukhi, how on earth would anything posting a translation even provide anything, you'll whine, try to argue with it but you'll not sit down and provide your own translation or anything along that line. The sheer hilarity of the situation that one of the 5 most basic banis of Sikhism is alien to you is something to be noted.

I've given you some banis, go and learn them and then come to the table. There's a myriad of weird translations out there, you'll cry I'm "misdirecting" people without having analysed it yourself, you take translations as gospel so please keep going down that line. I would love to see how far you go.

 

This is the second time you asked me to translate something for you, I did it once. I don't really see the point in doing it again now that I know you can't even read Gurmukhi. All it shows is your laziness

Quote

How very presumptuous of you.. I'm really very pleased for you  that you have understood Gurmukhi to its core.. I find it a never ending journey.. 

Funnily enough yes I do go to the source but I never claimed to be all knowing. Common sense dictates I learn from the source not from myself. 

 

Quote

What my age has to do with anything I really don't know.? 

According to you, you spent 30 years studying Sikh philosophy. The fact that in that time you've not even mastered some of the more basic banis and their meanings is funny to say the least, An equally comical thing would be a Christian Scholar who hasn't heard of or even know about the 10 commandments. That entire line from Gurbani is simple enough to translate. Get to work Mr- Scholar. :rofl

God knows why I'm wasting my time with you. You'll never bother learning, you'll keep coming here and acting like you "know" Sikhi without having picked up a single one of the Granths. :rofl Oh dear this is amusing.

I'm actually done :rofl God what next, you'll have a fully translated scripture (devoid of the Gurmukhi script) of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and start venerating that. Clearly your Guru is whoever does the translations rather than Guru Sahib. 

 

Enjoy your ignorance Mr Scholar.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Kira
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kira said:

You can't even read Gurmukhi, how on earth would anything posting a translation even provide anything, you'll whine, try to argue with it but you'll not sit down and provide your own translation or anything along that line. The sheer hilarity of the situation that one of the 5 most basic banis of Sikhism is alien to you is something to be noted.

I've given you some banis, go and learn them and then come to the table. There's a myriad of weird translations out there, you'll cry I'm "misdirecting" people without having analysed it yourself, you take translations as gospel so please keep going down that line. I would love to see how far you go.

 

This is the second time you asked me to translate something for you, I did it once. I don't really see the point in doing it again now that I know you can't even read Gurmukhi. All it shows is your laziness

Funnily enough yes I do go to the source but I never claimed to be all knowing. Common sense dictates I learn from the source not from myself. 

 

According to you, you spent 30 years studying Sikh philosophy. The fact that in that time you've not even mastered some of the more basic banis and their meanings is funny to say the least, An equally comical thing would be a Christian Scholar who hasn't heard of or even know about the 10 commandments. That entire line from Gurbani is simple enough to translate. Get to work Mr- Scholar. :rofl

God knows why I'm wasting my time with you. You'll never bother learning, you'll keep coming here and acting like you "know" Sikhi without having picked up a single one of the Granths. :rofl Oh dear this is amusing.

I'm actually done :rofl God what next, you'll have a fully translated scripture (devoid of the Gurmukhi script) of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and start venerating that. Clearly your Guru is whoever does the translations rather than Guru Sahib. 

 

Enjoy your ignorance Mr Scholar.

 

 

 

 

Oh well your unable to illustrate your point or even engage in the subject... Smoke and mirrors! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Oh well your unable to illustrate your point or even engage in the subject... Smoke and mirrors! 

The troll can't read gurmukhi!!!!!  What the hell are the mods doing????? This guy is a troll.  He claimed a person took Gurbani out of context but he can't even read what is written!!!  This guy is a baffon.....he's another liar like dolly aka moni ji.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

The troll can't read gurmukhi!!!!!  What the hell are the mods doing????? This guy is a troll.  He claimed a person took Gurbani out of context but he can't even read what is written!!!  This guy is a baffon.....he's another liar like dolly aka moni ji.  

How do you know how much Gurmukhi I can and can not read 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

The troll can't read gurmukhi!!!!!  What the hell are the mods doing????? This guy is a troll.  He claimed a person took Gurbani out of context but he can't even read what is written!!!  This guy is a baffon.....he's another liar like dolly aka moni ji.  

Most of these guys are just wannabes , who would accuse me of being an attention seeker, when infact all the issues I raised are valid ones related to health of the kaum .  

But whenever I say against idol worship in sikhi or sikhs going to mandirs, monehs like DallySingh and others are every offended ,as if I pinched their raw nerve. Wonder why?

Our kids need to be taught gurmukhi. ENglish translation can only do so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 0:57 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I think turban is wat many men find cumbersome to wear daily. Thats not how it shud be unfortunately 

What a pathetic excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • A moorakh like me would need to listen to Katha on this. For now, what in your opinion, is the summary of what you posted? The blemish of apostasy remains in the eyes of who? Guru Sahib? The public? The apostate himself? I can understand that it remains but what exactly is it saying? Is this blemish one of distrust?
    • Here's another post you can confused face.  I wouldn't want you to be bored.
    • No apologies required. Just to let you know where I'm coming from, Bhai Gurdas ji says when you become a bemukh, even if you come back to the Guru, the stain remains: ਜੈਸੇ ਘਾਉ ਘਾਇਲ ਕੋ ਜਤਨ ਕੈ ਨੀਕੋ ਹੋਤ ਪੀਰ ਮਿਟਿ ਜਾਇਲੀਕ ਮਿਟਤ ਨ ਪੇਖੀਐ । Just as the wound gets cured with medicine and the pain also vanishes, but the scar of the wound is never seen to vanish.  ਜੈਸੇ ਫਾਟੇ ਅੰਬਰੋ ਸੀਆਇ ਪੁਨਿ ਓਢੀਅਤ ਨਾਗੋ ਤਉ ਨ ਹੋਇ ਤਊ ਥੇਗਰੀ ਪਰੇਖੀਐ । Just as a torn cloth stitched and worn does not bare the body but the seam of the stitch is visible and conspicuous.  ਜੈਸੇ ਟੂਟੈ ਬਾਸਨੁ ਸਵਾਰ ਦੇਤ ਹੈ ਠਠੇਰੋ ਗਿਰਤ ਨ ਪਾਨੀ ਪੈ ਗਠੀਲੋ ਭੇਖ ਭੇਖੀਐ । Just as a broken utensil is repaired by coppersmith and even the water does not leak from it, but it is repaired form stays.  ਤੈਸੇ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਨਿ ਬਿਮੁਖ ਦੁਖ ਦੇਖਿ ਪੁਨਿ ਸਰਨ ਗਹੇ ਪੁਨੀਤ ਪੈ ਕਲੰਕੁ ਲੇਖ ਲੇਖੀਐ ॥੪੧੯॥ Similarly, a disciple who has turned away from the holy feet of the True Guru comes back to the Guru's refuge when he feels the pain of his actions. Although he is freed of his sins and becomes pious, yet the .blemish of his apostasy remains.  (419) ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ : ਕਬਿੱਤ ੪੧੯ ਪੰ. ੪  
    • The Katha was Taksali based if that makes it any easier for you to understand where I was coming from. They have a certain flavour and way of explaining things. With Taksalis sometimes it's the small things that stick with you, and it's amazing how just hearing something once has the ability to change your soch, hell even your speech pattern! I completely get what you mean though. Guess it was just a misunderstanding, apologies brother.
    • I have sympathy for your approach, and I'm also not saying you're wrong. All I'm saying is (in my experience), the majority of Sikhs speak of "breaking Amrit" or ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਤੋੜਨਾ. An alternative way of phrasing things that might be acceptable to you is "breaking your Amrit vows" or "breaking your Amrit lifestyle". As far as the original poster denigrating Amrit and Amritdharis, yes, I agree that wrong acts by some Amritdharis does not mean you can just badmouth Amritdharis as a group.
×