How can we educate sikhs who go to hindu mandirs ? ... How about using reverse psychology ?

20 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

What a joke.. 

I agree, for someone that claims to have studied Sikh Philosophy for 30 years and has never lifted a Gurmukhi book it is a joke. For someone that acts like such a man of knowledge but struggles with basic grammar and reading comprehension it is a joke.

50 minutes ago, Kira said:

I agree, for someone that claims to have studied Sikh Philosophy for 30 years and has never lifted a Gurmukhi book it is a joke. For someone that acts like such a man of knowledge but struggles with basic grammar and reading comprehension it is a joke.

Very very poor. The thread speaks for itself. 

God help us all ignorance is everywhere. 

30 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Very very poor. The thread speaks for itself. 

God help us all ignorance is everywhere. 

Thank you for proving my point even more. You're a middle age man who seems to get off on talking down on others despite the fact almost everyone here probably knows more than you. How sad and pathetic. God should really help you, perhaps give you some extra brain cells to fill the space where you keep your massive ego.

The thread does speak for itself, you tried to virtue signal, failed miserably and now once again you start whining about ignorance being everywhere but within you, its the Sheikh Farid thread all over the again. Maybe go off, learn the proper text (the 3 Granths, the historical Granths) and then come to the table to talk child. A 40 year old man that claims to have studied Sikh Philosophy without lifting a single finger to study Gurmukhi at its core very hilarious, I guess next we'll have Islamic Arab scholars who are experts on the Quran without touching its original Arabic source.

You're free to shout, cry, whine all you want. At the end of the day you've tried multiple times to discredit OP and failed miserably. All this thread has shown is you're a massive hypocrite trying to pass yourself off as someone you're not. 

Ciao~

Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

This is the best one I've found:

http://g2s.learnpunjabi.org/unipad.aspx

Use the ਫੋਨੈਟਿਕ mode. 

Appreciate that, is there a way to use numbers on this system? (My Gurmukhi level is pretty basic, so if anyone could explain where on the website it is in Punjabi, that would be great). Trying to write this on the system

: "ੴ", *(from Gurbani site)

8 hours ago, simran345 said:

Android :

Iphone :

http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/#/iphadaaeb5f

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ

Thanks for that.

8 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Appreciate that, is there a way to use numbers on this system? (My Gurmukhi level is pretty basic, so if anyone could explain where on the website it is in Punjabi, that would be great). Trying to write this on the system

: "ੴ", *(from Gurbani site)

Type what numbers you want in the pad and then hit the return button. It converts them. 

Look at the attached image. If you click on (1) look at big red arrows. You get the keyboard up. 

You can see that the ik oankaar symbol is already there too (look at arrow 2).

5969010e720e9_typingpad.png.2c604e500677627915b87ff21ef2e8ec.png

4 hours ago, Kira said:

Thank you for proving my point even more. You're a middle age man who seems to get off on talking down on others despite the fact almost everyone here probably knows more than you. How sad and pathetic. God should really help you, perhaps give you some extra brain cells to fill the space where you keep your massive ego.

The thread does speak for itself, you tried to virtue signal, failed miserably and now once again you start whining about ignorance being everywhere but within you, its the Sheikh Farid thread all over the again. Maybe go off, learn the proper text (the 3 Granths, the historical Granths) and then come to the table to talk child. A 40 year old man that claims to have studied Sikh Philosophy without lifting a single finger to study Gurmukhi at its core very hilarious, I guess next we'll have Islamic Arab scholars who are experts on the Quran without touching its original Arabic source.

You're free to shout, cry, whine all you want. At the end of the day you've tried multiple times to discredit OP and failed miserably. All this thread has shown is you're a massive hypocrite trying to pass yourself off as someone you're not. 

Ciao~

How ridiculous you never even addressed one of my points.. 

Pot kettle, kettle pot... 

I think anyone who goes through the thread will be able to discern who used the pejoratives and who didn't.. 

All you have done is let off hot air, you haven't even stated what it is you are raging against.. Or how my post and opinion was flawed.. As usual all you have done is say "go away and study... Blah blah blah". 

Why don't you provide a considered intellectual response, one which picks away at my opinion and how it is flawed.. If you are as learned as you say critical analysis should not be a alien concept.. It may be said to form the foundation of dialogue, the pursuit of truth even! 

4 hours ago, Kira said:

Ciao~

Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group. The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue—especially piety among the religious.[1] Since 2015, the term has become more commonly used as a pejorative characterization by commentators to criticize what they regard as the platitudinous, empty, or superficial support of certain political views, and also used within groups to criticize their own members for valuing outward appearance over substantive action.[2][3][4] This more recent usage of the term has been criticized for misusing the concept of signalling and encouraging lazy thinking.[5]

I have clearly expressed what have informed my own opinion.. Please tell me yours.. 

I think you might be projecting.. Its far easier to be outraged all the time and dogmatic and not really understanding why.. I get it we all feel safe in not challenging ourselves and developing fixed ideological positions.. A true Sikh is fearless in the pursuit of truth, seek it out everywhere.. Those opinions that are seemingly abhorrent are the first to learn about so you know why you have rejected something... 

The irony is you picked a fight with me where the original poster did not even get involved.. 

16 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

How ridiculous you never even addressed one of my points.. 

Pot kettle, kettle pot... 

I think anyone who goes through the thread will be able to discern who used the pejoratives and who didn't.. 

All you have done is let off hot air, you haven't even stated what it is you are raging against.. Or how my post and opinion was flawed.. As usual all you have done is say "go away and study... Blah blah blah". 

Why don't you provide a considered intellectual response, one which picks away at my opinion and how it is flawed.. If you are as learned as you say critical analysis should not be a alien concept.. It may be said to form the foundation of dialogue, the pursuit of truth even! 

Once again at it with the rage, you seem to enjoy getting off on imagining me sitting there having a spastic attack over what I read, sorry to break it to you but I generally remain calm.

I answered all your points, yet you're either far too dim to see that or you simply try to use a smoke screen. Honestly if you feel you need everything spoon fed to you then I worry about your supposed intellect. 

You attacked OP over him saying Sikhs shouldn't be allowed to go to Mandirs periods, I showed you you were wrong. You tried to be Pedantic, that backfired. You accused him of taking Gurbani out of context (don't deny it) and failed there. I don't even know why you keep saying I didn't answer your points, I actually did. Once again you need to learn to read.

11 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group. The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue—especially piety among the religious.[1] Since 2015, the term has become more commonly used as a pejorative characterization by commentators to criticize what they regard as the platitudinous, empty, or superficial support of certain political views, and also used within groups to criticize their own members for valuing outward appearance over substantive action.[2][3][4] This more recent usage of the term has been criticized for misusing the concept of signalling and encouraging lazy thinking.[5]

I have clearly expressed what have informed my own opinion.. Please tell me yours.. 

I think you might be projecting.. Its far easier to be outraged all the time and dogmatic and not really understanding why.. I get it we all feel safe in not challenging ourselves and developing fixed ideological positions.. A true Sikh is fearless in the pursuit of truth, seek it out everywhere.. Those opinions that are seemingly abhorrent are the first to learn about so you know why you have rejected something... 

The irony is you picked a fight with me where the original poster did not even get involved.. 

Ironic coming from someone who in his time spent "learning" about Sikh Philosophy hasn't even bothered to study Gurmukhi at its core. I've already expressed my views, they were outlined in Gurbani. I even gave you a bani to refer to. You simply choose to ignore it.

Sorry to disappoint you but my opinions/ideology has changed constantly since I've come to this forum, you're free to scan around if you want. Yet you sit here as a middle aged man who hasn't lifted a finger to follow the very things you preach on here. I think the only person here who's afraid to learn from the very core is you because you fear you'll find out you were wrong or worse come across something you can't handle. In all honesty spend less time coming on here and expressing ill found theories and more on actually learning. I have nothing more to say to you, You've been outed as someone hasn't bothered learning actual Sikhi but are content learning from second hand and mundane sources. I have nothing more to say to you. Thus far in this thread you've tried to have the moral high ground. Please continue preaching down from your perch. You demand evidence on threads yet you'll never present it, You're clearly an extremely lazy man. 

Enjoy living in your ignorance, perhaps one day you'll learn Gurmukhi and stop reading translations. 30 years you had and 30 years you decided not to. Case and point because you want academic reasoning but you've never bothered doing it yourself.

giphy.gif 

Anyways feel free to continue acting like you possess the moral high ground. Kira out.

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, Kira said:

Once again at it with the rage, you seem to enjoy getting off on imagining me sitting there having a spastic attack over what I read, sorry to break it to you but I generally remain calm.

I answered all your points, yet you're either far too dim to see that or you simply try to use a smoke screen. Honestly if you feel you need everything spoon fed to you then I worry about your supposed intellect. 

You attacked OP over him saying Sikhs shouldn't be allowed to go to Mandirs periods, I showed you you were wrong. You tried to be Pedantic, that backfired. You accused him of taking Gurbani out of context (don't deny it) and failed there. I don't even know why you keep saying I didn't answer your points, I actually did. Once again you need to learn to read.

Ironic coming from someone who in his time spent "learning" about Sikh Philosophy hasn't even bothered to study Gurmukhi at its core. I've already expressed my views, they were outlined in Gurbani. I even gave you a bani to refer to. You simply choose to ignore it.

Sorry to disappoint you but my opinions/ideology has changed constantly since I've come to this forum, you're free to scan around if you want. Yet you sit here as a middle aged man who hasn't lifted a finger to follow the very things you preach on here. I think the only person here who's afraid to learn from the very core is you because you fear you'll find out you were wrong or worse come across something you can't handle. In all honesty spend less time coming on here and expressing ill found theories and more on actually learning. I have nothing more to say to you, You've been outed as someone hasn't bothered learning actual Sikhi but are content learning from second hand and mundane sources. I have nothing more to say to you. Thus far in this thread you've tried to have the moral high ground. Please continue preaching down from your perch. You demand evidence on threads yet you'll never present it, You're clearly an extremely lazy man. 

Enjoy living in your ignorance, perhaps one day you'll learn Gurmukhi and stop reading translations. 30 years you had and 30 years you decided not to. Case and point because you want academic reasoning but you've never bothered doing it yourself.

giphy.gif 

Anyways feel free to continue acting like you possess the moral high ground. Kira out.

giphy.gif

How very presumptuous of you.. I'm really very pleased for you  that you have understood Gurmukhi to its core.. I find it a never ending journey.. 

What my age has to do with anything I really don't know.? 

You have taken a quote from bani can you please provide a translation? Just so it's obvious what you're interpretation is..? Don't worry I don't actually expect you to do it. Some misdirection is sure to follow 

19 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

You have taken a quote from bani can you please provide a translation? Just so it's obvious what you're interpretation is..? Don't worry I don't actually expect you to do it. Some misdirection is sure to follow 

You can't even read Gurmukhi, how on earth would anything posting a translation even provide anything, you'll whine, try to argue with it but you'll not sit down and provide your own translation or anything along that line. The sheer hilarity of the situation that one of the 5 most basic banis of Sikhism is alien to you is something to be noted.

I've given you some banis, go and learn them and then come to the table. There's a myriad of weird translations out there, you'll cry I'm "misdirecting" people without having analysed it yourself, you take translations as gospel so please keep going down that line. I would love to see how far you go.

This is the second time you asked me to translate something for you, I did it once. I don't really see the point in doing it again now that I know you can't even read Gurmukhi. All it shows is your laziness

How very presumptuous of you.. I'm really very pleased for you  that you have understood Gurmukhi to its core.. I find it a never ending journey.. 

Funnily enough yes I do go to the source but I never claimed to be all knowing. Common sense dictates I learn from the source not from myself. 

What my age has to do with anything I really don't know.? 

According to you, you spent 30 years studying Sikh philosophy. The fact that in that time you've not even mastered some of the more basic banis and their meanings is funny to say the least, An equally comical thing would be a Christian Scholar who hasn't heard of or even know about the 10 commandments. That entire line from Gurbani is simple enough to translate. Get to work Mr- Scholar. :rofl

God knows why I'm wasting my time with you. You'll never bother learning, you'll keep coming here and acting like you "know" Sikhi without having picked up a single one of the Granths. :rofl Oh dear this is amusing.

I'm actually done :rofl God what next, you'll have a fully translated scripture (devoid of the Gurmukhi script) of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and start venerating that. Clearly your Guru is whoever does the translations rather than Guru Sahib. 

Enjoy your ignorance Mr Scholar.