How can we educate sikhs who go to hindu mandirs ? ... How about using reverse psychology ?

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

What are welfare cheques? I'm self employed. 

You should try and finish school and get some life experience before you open your mouth maybe?

Moni ji sitting on ss all day is not self employed.  Your life experience is sitting at computers insulting Sikh youth.  Always talking tough.  You are the very definition of internet warrior.  Giddar da putt moni ji.....

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

What are welfare cheques? I'm self employed. 

You should try and finish school and get some life experience before you open your mouth maybe?

Once again moni is trying to flex is fingers.  Always doing internet warrior exercises.  This guy has nothing and is nothing.  He's been distorting Sikh history for over 20 years.  He cries like a <banned word filter activated> all day long on this forum.  Moni, self employed, I had a huge laugh.  He's still living off of his parents at 40 something.

On 09/07/2017 at 10:03 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

It is always particularly disturbing for me to see a sikh go to any other religious place except a gurudwara . I don't wish to sound fanatic , but the way some (or many?) sikhs go to hindu mandirs , esp durga is particularly disturbing. 

When you have contact with CEO , would you butter a manager ? nopes. when our guru showed us the path to true parbrahm waheguru , then why do we go to the hindu devi devte who're mere creations of waheguru ji .

You would never see a muslim or christian or even a buddhist visit a hindu mandir ? why then it is our sikhs who go and bow to the idols of durga in mandirs when Guru Gobind Singh ji in his zaffarnama clearly stated 

"I vanquished the vicious hill chiefs, they were idol-worshippers and I am idol-breaker." (verse 95) 

In tav prasad chaupai Guru sahib says 

"Anhad roop anahad baani . Charan Saran jeh basat bhavani" 

(Lord's form is limitless and speech is unstruck sound . In his feet, even the goddess durga (bhavani) takes refuge)

How foolish of a sikh to go and worship idol of someone who herself has taken a refuge in the feet of the lord ? How can such sikhs even justify it ?

BTW , the guy I am specifically talking about is half-hindu in the sense that maybe his mom is hindu and so is his wife. He keeps a turban and trimmed beard. 

But , its not about HIM alone. There're many such people in our community who has more sharda on this created hindu devi devte than the shabad Guru.

Its disgusting beyond words .

So whilst sikhi welcomes all, our gurdwaras have char dwaar, welcoming everyone. Are We to believe we should not visit any other spiritual places?

yet accept that our  places, will be truly welcoming to all people, having some kind of superiority complex?  does God not rest everywhere.

Did not guru nanak dev ji visit all places of knowledge which often meant religious centres.

He was respectful yet was able to tare through the through shallowness and hypocrisy of some people, the so called guardians of faiths, he challenged challenged the way these people who with a veneer of respectability to manipulate and propagate hate, create walls not just with other people. But with the truth itself. 

But worse than them are the sheep, who through sheer idiocy and ignorance will contort a message of beauty and truth. They reflect their own short comings. 

What is really disgusting is people who do nindya by quoting verse in the laziest out of context imaginable. 

Anyway I digress talking about such nindaks. 

It's worth considering another  spiritual principle laid out in stone, in the very architecture of our pre-eminent gurdwara, harmindir Sahib, yes (har mandir),  to which you step down into the parikarma in  a demonstration of Humility..

BTW ,  ironically, to yourself to have fundamentally misunderstood sikhi! If you believe Akal is ceo and their are lesser gods or as you put it then you do not understand.

ek

One

On 09/07/2017 at 10:57 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj in one of his 52 hukams said "Follow gurbani , but study scriptures of other religions as well".

How else can we arm ourselves in ideological debates. Remember, war will not always be by shastar , its also about war of ideology.

Maharaj knew what he were talking about. 

Guru maharaj definitely knew what he was talking about but do you? 

War ideology.. Your absolutely right. Which is why sikhi strips away ideology it doesn't promote creating a competitive ideological framework.. 

Tisarpanth means outside of dichotomy 

3 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

So whilst sikhi welcomes all, our gurdwaras have char dwaar, welcoming everyone. Are We to believe we should not visit any other spiritual places?

yet accept that our  places, will be truly welcoming to all people, having some kind of superiority complex?  does God not rest everywhere.

Did not guru nanak dev ji visit all places of knowledge which often meant religious centres.

He was respectful yet was able to tare through the through shallowness and hypocrisy of some people, the so called guardians of faiths, he challenged challenged the way these people who with a veneer of respectability to manipulate and propagate hate, create walls not just with other people. But with the truth itself. 

But worse than them are the sheep, who through sheer idiocy and ignorance will contort a message of beauty and truth. They reflect their own short comings. 

What is really disgusting is people who do nindya by quoting verse in the laziest out of context imaginable. 

Anyway I digress talking about such nindaks. 

It's worth considering another  spiritual principle laid out in stone, in the very architecture of our pre-eminent gurdwara, harmindir Sahib, yes (har mandir),  to which you step down into the parikarma in  a demonstration of Humility..

BTW ,  ironically, to yourself to have fundamentally misunderstood sikhi! If you believe Akal is ceo and their are lesser gods or as you put it then you do not understand.

ek

One

Have you ever even bothered reading Gurbani? like in any context whatsoever? OP hasn't not taken any of it out of context. Visiting Religious sites is fine, but going there and bashing your head against the stones and proclaiming the certain deity of that temple is lord is really contrary to Gurmat. Those people are fools, and those aren't even my words, they're the words of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. You've attempted to indirectly shame OP for something he's taken directly from Gurmukh and thus are now saying Guru Sahib was not respectful? Sorry to break it to you sunshine but Guru Sahib gave credit when it was due but also pointed out their shortcomings as well.

ਤਾ ਕੌ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਹਨ ਅਨੁਮਾਨਤ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਮੂੜ ਕਛੁ ਭੇਦ ਨ ਜਾਨਤ ॥ ਮਹਾਦੇਵ ਕੌ ਕਹਤ ਸਦਾ ਸਿਵ ॥ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਕਾ ਚੀਨਤ ਨਹਿ ਭਿਵ ॥੩੯੨॥

see that word in Gurbani? it literally means great fool. Maybe you should also read Shabad Hazare P10 as well (no im not going to paste it fully here, Don't be lazy and go and read it, unless reading the Gurmukhi script is too hard for you), that's an entire bani warning Sikhs, calling out the hypocrisy and ego of Devtas and why worshipping them (in any contest by anyone) is pointless. Devtas aren't "gods" or even "God" they're simply higher spiritual life-forms. God runs the universe but he also puts the universe to its respected to tasks and assigns everyone a role to play. A playwright with countless actors and countless faces.

So much virtue signalling from someone who claims things are taken out of "context" but can't even sit there and do his own translations or read Gurbani itself. If you did then you'd know nothing was taken out of context. 

3 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Guru maharaj definitely knew what he was talking about but do you? 

War ideology.. Your absolutely right. Which is why sikhi strips away ideology it doesn't promote creating a competitive ideological framework.. 

Tisarpanth means outside of dichotomy 

This is becoming a habit for you I see, the word here is You're not Your. Once again, proper grammar is a good tool to have.