How can we educate sikhs who go to hindu mandirs ? ... How about using reverse psychology ?

It is always particularly disturbing for me to see a sikh go to any other religious place except a gurudwara . I don't wish to sound fanatic , but the way some (or many?) sikhs go to hindu mandirs , esp durga is particularly disturbing. 

When you have contact with CEO , would you butter a manager ? nopes. when our guru showed us the path to true parbrahm waheguru , then why do we go to the hindu devi devte who're mere creations of waheguru ji .

You would never see a muslim or christian or even a buddhist visit a hindu mandir ? why then it is our sikhs who go and bow to the idols of durga in mandirs when Guru Gobind Singh ji in his zaffarnama clearly stated 

"I vanquished the vicious hill chiefs, they were idol-worshippers and I am idol-breaker." (verse 95) 

In tav prasad chaupai Guru sahib says 

"Anhad roop anahad baani . Charan Saran jeh basat bhavani" 

(Lord's form is limitless and speech is unstruck sound . In his feet, even the goddess durga (bhavani) takes refuge)

How foolish of a sikh to go and worship idol of someone who herself has taken a refuge in the feet of the lord ? How can such sikhs even justify it ?

BTW , the guy I am specifically talking about is half-hindu in the sense that maybe his mom is hindu and so is his wife. He keeps a turban and trimmed beard. 

But , its not about HIM alone. There're many such people in our community who has more sharda on this created hindu devi devte than the shabad Guru.

Its disgusting beyond words .

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

You know the more you give a lecture to someone, the more stubborn they end up becoming. 

So if you tell these semi-sikh semi-hindu peeps that they're not truly following guru's teachings, they will rather do it more and move even further from Sikhi .

Reverse psychology works this way : 

If a hindu were to insist a sikh to worship hindu gods , fanatically insist , then see how that sikh moves even further from worshipping a hindu god.

People don't like to be lectured... even though it might be good for them . Unfortunately 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

They don't require education about the norms of Sikh worship. They're fully aware of their actions. They just don't see the problem with what they're doing. It's a combination of family and cultural hang-ups, religious apathy, and general laziness. 

It makes my skin crawl whenever a hindu tells me how SGGS gives shiva, vishnu, and other hindu gods their "due place".(misinterpreting of words shiva vishnu etc ) OR when they tell me to "Go read SGGS. Shiv ji and vishnu ji are mentioned therein". 

As if we owe them a respect in our religion . From my experience with hindus on this matter, I have drawn the inference that they're either ignorant of the truth , or purposely furthering their nefarious agenda. 

However am I a fool to say the former is more likely than the latter, i.e most of them harbor no ill intention and are just having little understanding of depth of gurbani ,

but with right-wing hindutva hindus who have an agenda , when I try to make them understand , these right-wing hinduists claim I make a wild interpretation of gurbani , quickly tossed with the word "Khalistani" for me. 

Apparently , sooner than later, any sikh who insists on his identity independent of baahmanwaad will be seen as a "Khalistani".

This is how you eliminate a people . Branding them terrorist is easier to wipe them. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj in one of his 52 hukams said "Follow gurbani , but study scriptures of other religions as well".

How else can we arm ourselves in ideological debates. Remember, war will not always be by shastar , its also about war of ideology.

Maharaj knew what he were talking about. 

7 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

It is always particularly disturbing for me to see a sikh go to any other religious place except a gurudwara . I don't wish to sound fanatic , but the way some (or many?) sikhs go to hindu mandirs , esp durga is particularly disturbing. 

When you have contact with CEO , would you butter a manager ? nopes. when our guru showed us the path to true parbrahm waheguru , then why do we go to the hindu devi devte who're mere creations of waheguru ji .

You would never see a muslim or christian or even a buddhist visit a hindu mandir ? why then it is our sikhs who go and bow to the idols of durga in mandirs when Guru Gobind Singh ji in his zaffarnama clearly stated 

"I vanquished the vicious hill chiefs, they were idol-worshippers and I am idol-breaker." (verse 95) 

In tav prasad chaupai Guru sahib says 

"Anhad roop anahad baani . Charan Saran jeh basat bhavani" 

(Lord's form is limitless and speech is unstruck sound . In his feet, even the goddess durga (bhavani) takes refuge)

How foolish of a sikh to go and worship idol of someone who herself has taken a refuge in the feet of the lord ? How can such sikhs even justify it ?

BTW , the guy I am specifically talking about is half-hindu in the sense that maybe his mom is hindu and so is his wife. He keeps a turban and trimmed beard. 

But , its not about HIM alone. There're many such people in our community who has more sharda on this created hindu devi devte than the shabad Guru.

Its disgusting beyond words .

Were your ancestors not Hindu? Why treat Hindus and Hinduism so badly. 

Unless you would really like to be  Hindu instead. Im sure you probably look like one.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
1 minute ago, Big_Tera said:

Were your ancestors not Hindu? Why treat Hindus and Hinduism so badly. 

Unless you would really like to be  Hindu instead. Im sure you probably look like one.

Were your ancestors not hindu ?? this is the same kind of argument sanghis make . Most likely you're one undercover hindutva agent lol. BTW hinduism and hindutva are two different things just like islam and islamism . 

I don't look hindu. I wear turban and have beard. Nowhere have I treated hindus or hinduism badly. Unless you're with your head in deep sand, its easy to see how the right-wingers plot against us 

IF they are just going INSIDE mandir then nothing wrong. but obviously they are probably worshipping idols which isn't the way for nirguna pooja. We respect sarguna, but don't do pooja of this sort. The only chandi pooja we do is practising pf sword in sri bhagauti. to worship in standing idol form is useless for us.

8 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Were your ancestors not hindu ?? this is the same kind of argument sanghis make . Most likely you're one undercover hindutva agent lol. BTW hinduism and hindutva are two different things just like islam and islamism . 

I don't look hindu. I wear turban and have beard. Nowhere have I treated hindus or hinduism badly. Unless you're with your head in deep sand, its easy to see how the right-wingers plot against us 

Just for the record. I'd rather have a Hindu Panjabi in the family than [DELETED- Paji due to rules on forum please refrain from posting such slurs in future. Thank you]

Let's ask that question to the wider sangat. What would you find easier to accept?