AjeetSinghPunjabi

How can we educate sikhs who go to hindu mandirs ? ... How about using reverse psychology ?

153 posts in this topic

It is always particularly disturbing for me to see a sikh go to any other religious place except a gurudwara . I don't wish to sound fanatic , but the way some (or many?) sikhs go to hindu mandirs , esp durga is particularly disturbing. 

When you have contact with CEO , would you butter a manager ? nopes. when our guru showed us the path to true parbrahm waheguru , then why do we go to the hindu devi devte who're mere creations of waheguru ji .

You would never see a muslim or christian or even a buddhist visit a hindu mandir ? why then it is our sikhs who go and bow to the idols of durga in mandirs when Guru Gobind Singh ji in his zaffarnama clearly stated 

"I vanquished the vicious hill chiefs, they were idol-worshippers and I am idol-breaker." (verse 95) 

In tav prasad chaupai Guru sahib says 

"Anhad roop anahad baani . Charan Saran jeh basat bhavani" 

(Lord's form is limitless and speech is unstruck sound . In his feet, even the goddess durga (bhavani) takes refuge)

How foolish of a sikh to go and worship idol of someone who herself has taken a refuge in the feet of the lord ? How can such sikhs even justify it ?

BTW , the guy I am specifically talking about is half-hindu in the sense that maybe his mom is hindu and so is his wife. He keeps a turban and trimmed beard. 

But , its not about HIM alone. There're many such people in our community who has more sharda on this created hindu devi devte than the shabad Guru.

Its disgusting beyond words .

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know the more you give a lecture to someone, the more stubborn they end up becoming. 

So if you tell these semi-sikh semi-hindu peeps that they're not truly following guru's teachings, they will rather do it more and move even further from Sikhi .

Reverse psychology works this way : 

If a hindu were to insist a sikh to worship hindu gods , fanatically insist , then see how that sikh moves even further from worshipping a hindu god.

People don't like to be lectured... even though it might be good for them . Unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't require education about the norms of Sikh worship. They're fully aware of their actions. They just don't see the problem with what they're doing. It's a combination of family and cultural hang-ups, religious apathy, and general laziness. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

They don't require education about the norms of Sikh worship. They're fully aware of their actions. They just don't see the problem with what they're doing. It's a combination of family and cultural hang-ups, religious apathy, and general laziness. 

It makes my skin crawl whenever a hindu tells me how SGGS gives shiva, vishnu, and other hindu gods their "due place".(misinterpreting of words shiva vishnu etc ) OR when they tell me to "Go read SGGS. Shiv ji and vishnu ji are mentioned therein". 

As if we owe them a respect in our religion . From my experience with hindus on this matter, I have drawn the inference that they're either ignorant of the truth , or purposely furthering their nefarious agenda. 

However am I a fool to say the former is more likely than the latter, i.e most of them harbor no ill intention and are just having little understanding of depth of gurbani ,

but with right-wing hindutva hindus who have an agenda , when I try to make them understand , these right-wing hinduists claim I make a wild interpretation of gurbani , quickly tossed with the word "Khalistani" for me. 

Apparently , sooner than later, any sikh who insists on his identity independent of baahmanwaad will be seen as a "Khalistani".

This is how you eliminate a people . Branding them terrorist is easier to wipe them. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj in one of his 52 hukams said "Follow gurbani , but study scriptures of other religions as well".

How else can we arm ourselves in ideological debates. Remember, war will not always be by shastar , its also about war of ideology.

Maharaj knew what he were talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

It is always particularly disturbing for me to see a sikh go to any other religious place except a gurudwara . I don't wish to sound fanatic , but the way some (or many?) sikhs go to hindu mandirs , esp durga is particularly disturbing. 

When you have contact with CEO , would you butter a manager ? nopes. when our guru showed us the path to true parbrahm waheguru , then why do we go to the hindu devi devte who're mere creations of waheguru ji .

You would never see a muslim or christian or even a buddhist visit a hindu mandir ? why then it is our sikhs who go and bow to the idols of durga in mandirs when Guru Gobind Singh ji in his zaffarnama clearly stated 

"I vanquished the vicious hill chiefs, they were idol-worshippers and I am idol-breaker." (verse 95) 

In tav prasad chaupai Guru sahib says 

"Anhad roop anahad baani . Charan Saran jeh basat bhavani" 

(Lord's form is limitless and speech is unstruck sound . In his feet, even the goddess durga (bhavani) takes refuge)

How foolish of a sikh to go and worship idol of someone who herself has taken a refuge in the feet of the lord ? How can such sikhs even justify it ?

BTW , the guy I am specifically talking about is half-hindu in the sense that maybe his mom is hindu and so is his wife. He keeps a turban and trimmed beard. 

But , its not about HIM alone. There're many such people in our community who has more sharda on this created hindu devi devte than the shabad Guru.

Its disgusting beyond words .

Were your ancestors not Hindu? Why treat Hindus and Hinduism so badly. 

Unless you would really like to be  Hindu instead. Im sure you probably look like one.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big_Tera said:

Were your ancestors not Hindu? Why treat Hindus and Hinduism so badly. 

Unless you would really like to be  Hindu instead. Im sure you probably look like one.

Were your ancestors not hindu ?? this is the same kind of argument sanghis make . Most likely you're one undercover hindutva agent lol. BTW hinduism and hindutva are two different things just like islam and islamism . 

I don't look hindu. I wear turban and have beard. Nowhere have I treated hindus or hinduism badly. Unless you're with your head in deep sand, its easy to see how the right-wingers plot against us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF they are just going INSIDE mandir then nothing wrong. but obviously they are probably worshipping idols which isn't the way for nirguna pooja. We respect sarguna, but don't do pooja of this sort. The only chandi pooja we do is practising pf sword in sri bhagauti. to worship in standing idol form is useless for us.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Were your ancestors not hindu ?? this is the same kind of argument sanghis make . Most likely you're one undercover hindutva agent lol. BTW hinduism and hindutva are two different things just like islam and islamism . 

I don't look hindu. I wear turban and have beard. Nowhere have I treated hindus or hinduism badly. Unless you're with your head in deep sand, its easy to see how the right-wingers plot against us 

Just for the record. I'd rather have a Hindu Panjabi in the family than [DELETED- Paji due to rules on forum please refrain from posting such slurs in future. Thank you]

Let's ask that question to the wider sangat. What would you find easier to accept? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Just for the record. I'd rather have a Hindu Panjabi in the family than a gandu with a dastaar. 

Let's ask that question to the wider sangat. What would you find easier to accept? 

Reported for using homophobic and vulgar slangs 

Beta , tere inni mircha kyu lagiya ? I was referring to sikhs who go to temples. And I wasn't even abusive to hinduism or hindu gods in my post.

Where do you owe your allegiance , it is clear ! 

Also you better stop referring to my sexuality again and again . Debate me with logically rather than making personal attacks.

[DELETED]

So that term doesn't really applies to me . See you're now forcing me to be vulgar just like you're . 

Actually just get lost , don't talk to me ever again.

I would take gurbani as the parameter and not the wider sangat to decide on an issue.

@MisterrSingh , Can we report this RSS guy here ? he's been attacking me personally on my orientation since day one. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

IF they are just going INSIDE mandir then nothing wrong. but obviously they are probably worshipping idols which isn't the way for nirguna pooja. We respect sarguna, but don't do pooja of this sort. The only chandi pooja we do is practising pf sword in sri bhagauti. to worship in standing idol form is useless for us.

well said 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Reported for using homophobic and vulgar slangs 

 

@MisterrSingh , Can we report this RSS guy here ? he's been attacking me personally on my orientation since day one. 

It's okay for you to go off on monay and Hindus though. Get a taste of your own medicine boy. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AjeetSinghPunjabi

16 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Where do you owe your allegiance , it is clear ! 

You think I should have some sort of allegiance to homosexuality? 

Are you sure those Hindus you hate aren't ripping into you because you are acting effeminate? And don't try and deny that you do. You admitted as much when you first come on the forum, then lately you're claiming otherwise. 

But then maybe many gay people aren't actually aware of when they are acting 'camp' or don't have much of an idea of how it looks to non gay men? 

Just for literary and historical interest (for those into these things): the term g@ndu (which has offended Ajeet)  is actually used a few times in Rattan Bhangu's Panth Prakash. Just a interesting little tidbit there. 

Edited by dallysingh101
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

@AjeetSinghPunjabi

 

Just for literary and historical interest (for those into these things): the term g@ndu (which has offended Ajeet)  is actually used a few times in Rattan Bhangu's Panth Prakash. Just a interesting little tidbit there. 

So now ur mixing your homophobia in Sikh history. 

Is there any limit to how much u lie. I didn't find anything u mentioned in panth parkash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

So now ur mixing your homophobia in Sikh history. 

Is there any limit to how much u lie. I didn't find anything u mentioned in panth parkash

You must have done a half-ar5ed job if you missed it. I'll try and find them again for you when I get some time. 

And look, I haven't got a problem with homosexuality. But given where I am right now, (in the UK), I do have a big problem with ANY Sikh men acting effeminate, even more so if they are wearing a dastaar. It just sends out a weak message and men from other communities respond accordingly. 

Thank Waheguru you are not here. 

Edited by dallysingh101
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

You must have done a half-ar5ed job if you missed it. I'll try and find them again for you when I get some time. 

And look, I haven't got a problem with homosexuality. But given where I am right now, (in the UK), I do have a big problem with ANY Sikh men acting effeminate, even more so if they are wearing a dastaar. It just sends out a weak message and men from other communities respond accordingly. 

Thank Waheguru you are not here. 

I agree and I am pro gay goo rights ect. When men start acting like women in Sikh saroop it's not a good outlook. On top of spiritual aspect, when someone is initiated with Khande di pahul, you're literally a soldier in Khalsa and should act as such. Debated a couple sulleh from UK a while back and average hippy lib apna would have said ve are believings 1 luv we r sorry for offendings joo. I was pretty direct and told him straight same things I would post here and in end he apologized and said he respected Sikhs.

When you have abrahamic faiths who don't understand prema bhagti and prem in general - they only respect tribal alpha maleness.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Singh559 said:

I agree and I am pro gay goo rights ect. When men start acting like women in Sikh saroop it's not a good outlook. On top of spiritual aspect, when someone is initiated with Khande di pahul, you're literally a soldier in Khalsa and should act as such. Debated a couple <banned word filter activated> from UK a while back and average hippy lib apna would have said ve are believings 1 luv we r sorry for offendings joo. I was pretty direct and told him straight same things I would post here and in end he apologized and said he respected Sikhs.

When you have abrahamic faiths who don't understand prema bhagti and prem in general - they only respect tribal alpha maleness.

Let's be real too. Dasmesh pita made a hyper-masculine identity with the Khalsa. One that led blokes to smack jihadis into oblivion despite being heavily outnumbered and outresourced. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dallysingh101 said:

Let's be real too. Dasmesh pita made a hyper-masculine identity with the Khalsa. One that led blokes to smack jihadis into oblivion despite being heavily outnumbered and outresourced. 

Exactly, this new pseudo-feminist movement that is discouraging men from being men is infiltrating psyche of even keshdhari Sikhs into feeling guilty for this bakhshish of Guru Sahib. Problem with hyper-masculine identity is when we are uneducated in worldly and spiritual.

Honestly don't mind seeing even a bit of unchecked hypermasculination of our generation - we definitely need it.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Singh559 said:

Exactly, this new pseudo-feminist movement that is discouraging men from being men is infiltrating psyche of even keshdhari Sikhs into feeling guilty for this bakhshish of Guru Sahib. Problem with hyper-masculine identity is when we are uneducated in worldly and spiritual.

Honestly don't mind seeing even a bit of unchecked hypermasculination of our generation - we definitely need it.

This is the consequence of white man's long term plan for us. First disarm us and destroy our economic independence , then distort our religion to make it weak (i.e. from Sikhi to 'Sikhism'), promote low IQ culture of drinking and barn-dancing as a norm, and now the last stroke - turn men into he-b1tches. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

You must have done a half-ar5ed job if you missed it. I'll try and find them again for you when I get some time. 

And look, I haven't got a problem with homosexuality. But given where I am right now, (in the UK), I do have a big problem with ANY Sikh men acting effeminate, even more so if they are wearing a dastaar. It just sends out a weak message and men from other communities respond accordingly. 

Thank Waheguru you are not here. 

Btw may I ask whats ur age ? because such homophobic attitudes certainly aren't common among britain's youth, as per polls.

Are you above 60 ? 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Let's be real too. Dasmesh pita made a hyper-masculine identity with the Khalsa. One that led blokes to smack jihadis into oblivion despite being heavily outnumbered and outresourced. 

where's our hyper masculine identity when our young girls get lured by cutbullahs in UK and elsewhere ? We're so so different from our historical co-religionists that some might as well go on to say we fabricated a sikh history of brave soormas. We're nothing like that, as you said our youth grow up mollycuddled, in other thread.

Apparently , a gay man is easier target for you . So you attack them whereas they're the least of your priorities, when infact the kaum is plagued by plethora of other issues staring us in the face. Can we focus on those brother ?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

where's our hyper masculine identity when our young girls get lured by cutbullahs in UK and elsewhere ? We're so so different from our historical co-religionists that some might as well go on to say we fabricated a sikh history of brave soormas. We're nothing like that, as you said our youth grow up mollycuddled, in other thread.

Apparently , a gay man is easier target for you . So you attack them whereas they're the least of your priorities, when infact the kaum is plagued by plethora of other issues staring us in the face. Can we focus on those brother ?

okay

Edited by Big_Tera
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 8:00 PM, Singh559 said:

I agree and I am pro gay goo rights ect. When men start acting like women in Sikh saroop it's not a good outlook. On top of spiritual aspect, when someone is initiated with Khande di pahul, you're literally a soldier in Khalsa and should act as such. Debated a couple <banned word filter activated> from UK a while back and average hippy lib apna would have said ve are believings 1 luv we r sorry for offendings joo. I was pretty direct and told him straight same things I would post here and in end he apologized and said he respected Sikhs.

When you have abrahamic faiths who don't understand prema bhagti and prem in general - they only respect tribal alpha maleness.

swear down this was going through my mind in some portions of your post.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kira said:

swear down this was going through my mind in some portions of your post.

 

Classic! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • All I've been saying this entire time is caste discrimination is something terrible, never once have I said anything Anti-Jaat, if you and the other posters can't read that much, you shouldn't be posting here. Also me replying towards your original caste-based comment has nothing to with your pro-Jaat comment, but your Anti-Everyone else comment, a true Sikh wouldn't even dare mention caste so causally like you did.
    • Listen jacfsing and your anti jatt chela big tedh or whatever the geezas name is. I did not write puth jatta dhe bruahhh and diss other castes. you imply others are slow, well buddy you aint sharp either if you dont understand what i am saying. you mention the greats such a bhagat ravi das, i intentionally didnt mention them as such godly figures who have contributed to our beloved Guru Granth Sahib Ji should not be aligned to any castes. Even greats such as Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa shouldnt be, but my point was simple, that good and bad come from all castes. you saying you are amritdhari, well bro judging by the hatred you spew, i think you should class yourself in the same bracket as other so called amritdharis who claim to be amritdhari, but whose actions say something else.... e.g. Mr Prakash the Jatt Badal LOLOL. on a serious note, as a quom, when all of us start pulling together regardless of caste, gender, status, jatha, gursikh/non gursikh etc then we can prevent girls like sandeep from being groomed, we can stop the next generation from marrying goreh kaleh etc. time for us all to become roll models ourselves.
    • Do you mean, "What is Hukam exactly"? The videos may help you to understand it better:         
    • Yes, because that's not the topic here. The point prokharkoo started was bigteras hardon for Jatts. He is saying some Jatts are good, some bad. Nowhere did he mention pride, or that other castes are inferior. But you, as always, start rambling on. If you go to post secondary, these habits will bring some very low marks.  I'm glad you finally dropped the Daas act. It seemed very forced, almost like you had a reminder to use it whenever possible. When you are truly there, then use it, until now keep from making a mockery of the term.