AjeetSinghPunjabi

What do you think about the "We are Sikhs" campaign by american sikhs ?

13 posts in this topic

It sounds more like appeasing to the white race in america and telling them cool stuff they would like to hear, rather than telling them true sikh principles.

http://www.wearesikhs.org/

2 people like this

These white Sikhs make me proud. I saw a white singhni at my local Gurdwara.

9 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

This campaign is started by indian sikh migrants though. Not the white sikhs 

On 7/9/2017 at 5:08 AM, Dsinghdp said:

Where was it mentioned that they were white, and why are you proud of them? If you brought them to Gurmat or helped them spiritually then I can say you have some right to be proud of it, but what I'm getting you haven't taught them, rather just being proud on the side-lines. This is the problem with our people, we become too prideful in stuff we didn't do.

Mom and dad taught us we must be good sikhs and tell others about our religion.

On 7/13/2017 at 0:14 PM, singhnihk said:

This individual is proud of them simply because they were 'white' and it is not unusual for asians to stare at white women. This behavior is very common amongst asians all over the world which has been identified as cultural with its roots deeply embedded in the their history plus the fact that it is a leading if not an underlying reason for high divorce rates amongst asians.  They just find them very attractive in comparison to their own counterparts. They lack the understanding that their behavior is not only downright discourteous but also uncomfortabe for the recipients. Both genders are responsible for this pattern of behavior, but it is men who do it most of the times.

I think you are trying to flatter yourself through exaggeration by using 'very attractive' rather than just 'attractive'. You do the same with 'very common' in your second sentence when just 'common' would have sufficed. I think you have a superiority complex which I do not understand because there is nothing special about dull, pale skin.

What is important to note is that this weird behaviour among 'Asians' is treachery. If these people were educated about the terrorism and evil war-crimes committed by the british empire and european invasions on their people and land then they could become enlightened and see the true identity and legacy of the whites. Would they be seen as 'very attractive' if they were still living in caves with multiple diseases due to poor hygiene and no medicine to use?

On 7/13/2017 at 10:56 AM, singhnihk said:

This is why I stopped going there. Why must they stare?

I think the other reason for this staring is that it not only looks weird but is portraying a fake image. People in the Middle-East and Asia i.e. India, who practiced their faith sincerely, attached the values of respect, royalty and honesty with their actions but, sadly, westerners, with their corrupt mindset, have distorted this image. You can blame your forefathers and ancestors for this. I do not trust a single one of you, regardless of whether you try to practice the Sikh faith or not. History shows you are not to be trusted. You can never be our friends.

On 13/07/2017 at 0:14 PM, singhnihk said:

This individual is proud of them simply because they were 'white' and it is not unusual for asians to stare at white women. This behavior is very common amongst asians all over the world which has been identified as cultural with its roots deeply embedded in the their history plus the fact that it is a leading if not an underlying reason for high divorce rates amongst asians.  They just find them very attractive in comparison to their own counterparts. They lack the understanding that their behavior is not only downright discourteous but also uncomfortabe for the recipients. Both genders are responsible for this pattern of behavior, but it is men who do it most of the times.

@singhnihk, It is just very irritating to notice this kind of behaviour by many asians everywhere. It is to do with their backwardness and ignorance really. I don't know why they don't feel embarrassed of their behavior. All I can say is just ignore them or ask them why they stare. The experience described in the link below is very common and infuriating for most westerners.

http://indianexpress.com/article/blogs/you-have-so-beautiful-white-skin-india-and-its-problems-with-skin-colour-racism-4418261/

Edited by muscleman

48 minutes ago, muscleman said:

@singhnihk, It is just very irritating to notice this kind of behaviour by many asians everywhere. It is to do with their backwardness and ignorance really. I don't know why they don't feel embarrassed of their behavior. All I can say is just ignore them or ask them why they stare. The experience described in the link below is very common and infuriating for most westerners.

http://indianexpress.com/article/blogs/you-have-so-beautiful-white-skin-india-and-its-problems-with-skin-colour-racism-4418261/

I notice we stare. Especially at each other. When I work on sites, and come across other apnay (freshies etc.) I stare too. It's like a weird thing we do. I'm like "I thought I was the only one here!" Who are these mfs. We don't talk to each other for a while (stupid pride) but stare in amazement. I'm learning not to do it.