prince22gs

Depression/Loneliness , I dnt know proper what it is

7 posts in this topic

I feel un-necessary sad, frnds contact me when they have some work only. So now distanced myself from such selfish people.

But maybe i am suffering from depression now . 

Is there any path or a pankti that i can repeat continuously to cure this un-necessary sadness.

Age 26 :(

I was supposed to marry a girl, but she backed off 5 months ago deserting me behind.

But i don't think its because of her, it's a problem regarding my inner self.

I know only path can cure it for sure.

Sarab dukha ka aukhadh naam

Name of Lord is medicine to every problem.

Plz suggest something. 

I would recommend 1 Japji Sahib and one rosary of mool mantar all 7 days (total 108 mool mantar that is). 108 rosary beads can b brought from gurdwara/ Sikh shops.

2nd suggestion, take out 5 minutes a day where you laugh. Not smile. Not chuckle but laugh from the belly. So watch comedy clips like Jimmy Carr, Last leg (uk comedy) or whatever tickles your fancy BUT laugh from real deep within.

Try both my suggestions and hope this depression leaves you.

Edited by Singh1989
2 people like this

3 hours ago, prince22gs said:

I feel un-necessary sad, frnds contact me when they have some work only. So now distanced myself from such selfish people.

Is there any path or a pankti that i can repeat continuously to cure this un-necessary sadness.

I was supposed to marry a girl, but she backed off 5 months ago deserting me behind.

Plz suggest something. 

The sadness or depression enter and settle themselves within us, when there is a vast emptiness, so they feel comfortable, and then it is difficult to throw them out, just as the same with all other vikaars.

So the best remedy is to fill that void within us, with positivity, with the source of all virtues and supreme bliss.

And this brother, is nothing else, than Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

You may ask how is that made possible? Well, if someone calls us, we do go upon being called.

In a similar way, keep calling Him, through His simran. He will for sure come running and permeate each cell of your being.

And as all lovers, He is also jealous.

Means, remove all hopes, any expectations from others, and firmly  take sharan in Him with utmost love and faith.

This simple jugtee is enough to sack out all vikaars hidden or manifest, and make room for Him only, our beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

For where He is, in His Jot swaroop, there is no room for any darkness, little or big...

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
4 people like this

8 hours ago, prince22gs said:

Plz suggest something. 

I will not pretend that I know your pain, because every pain is unique, as is every depression. The key to remember is there's a chance for something better, and in any case, stuff could get much worse. Life has sorrows, but along with that there are also joys, find something that fullfills your need. Some Gurbani you could follow is: "

ਜਾ ਤੂ ਮੇਰੈ ਵਲਿ ਹੈ ਤਾ ਕਿਆ ਮੁਹਛੰਦਾ  
जा तू मेरै वलि है ता किआ मुहछंदा ॥ 
Jā ṯū merai val hai ṯā ki▫ā muhcẖẖanḏā. 
When You are on my side, Lord, what do I need to worry about? ", ( 

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 1096)

3 people like this

You need to seek help as soon as possible. Before it gets worse. Seek depression counselling or some sort of therapy. Trust me...it will help you. Don't try to get through this alone, hoping it will go away. Seek professional help. 

11 hours ago, prince22gs said:

Plz suggest something. 

Your thought process shows you invested a lot in the girl you were suppose to marry.  You were emotionally invested in her and found strength to continue because of this emotional attachment.  Now its gone, you are finding it hard to find strength to continue.  Most people in your position would find another woman to fill the void, whether that be short lived or taking another chance and completely emotionally investing in another woman. Either way it will eventually lead to more disappointment.  To shift this emotional attachment to something that does not leave you or leave you feeling like you are missing something important in your life.  Start by contemplating over Japji sahib.  Really try to understand what Guru Sahib is saying.  Also start reading from Ang 13; Sri Raag.  Whenever you find strength to read Gurbani do it.  Surely Guru Sahib will grab hold of your hand and lead you out of your rut.  

1 person likes this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor