shastarSingh

proof that shaheedi degh was taken by khalsa in 1846 AD!

9 posts in this topic

incidentally I was reading this thread and there was a discussion on use of sukhnidaan on the last 2 pages.

anyway I think it is nonsense that we serve firangh cha tea in gurdwara yet speak negatively of traditional bhang based drinks. Then there's the hypocrisy of using chini (refined sugar) in langar and even prashad. IS amrit dhari following rehat when they use chini, drink firanghi cha and coffee, and eat carb-loaded foods? Please take this question 100% seriously, it's no joke neither sarcasm, especially in the context of putting down traditional sukhnidaan maryada practised by Singhs who actually bother with following bana maryada and dasam bani and also carrying shastar hukam of Guru Sahib. I think those who put Nihangs practising sukhnidaan down are hardly even able to do a 3rd of that!

Edited by ipledgeblue
3 people like this

double post

Edited by ipledgeblue

Yeah, sorry! But "They" can be referring to anyone here. Message don't say "Sikhs" or "Hindus..." Could b referring to Panjabi monis on nasha... Sorry!

4 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Yeah, sorry! But "They" can be referring to anyone here. Message don't say "Sikhs" or "Hindus..." Could b referring to Panjabi monis on nasha... Sorry!

If you Google "Colonel steinbach Sikhs" you will find the original book and the quote above is indeed referring to Sikh of that time.

It's actually a really interesting read and quite eye opening...Enjoy!

https://archive.org/details/punjaubbeingbrie00stei

The British have never liked Sikhs in my humble opinion.

12799175_1109554755756170_4201112629311392423_n.jpg

Edited by Singhsburys
4 people like this

4 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Denial. I'm pretty sure more than one quote defines Akalis like that from those days. 

On 04/07/2017 at 7:10 PM, shastarSingh said:

19642562_1326419870798872_6659143226383323127_n.jpg

There are many issues with this quote.  Say they are speaking of Nihangs.  Also say the writer is blowing everything out of proportion to insult nihangs out of hatred.  Since this is being accepted as somewhat evidence for cannabis consumption.  Then those accepted it have to accept other things written in it.  Like....They insult everyone they meet...this one line needs to be either accepted as written and nihangs are equated to butcher muslims and are intoxicated all the time.  Or the nihangs are insulting the the enemy especially the Europeans and only take cannabis as medicine and obvious this European fool is bad mouth them.  You can't day they didn't insult everyone and say they were always intoxicated.  This would be like wanting to eat your cake and keep it as well.  

2 people like this