Jump to content
SinghStation

Harmandir Sahib Langar Sewadar accidentally falls in boiling vessal

Recommended Posts

AMRITSAR SAHIB – A Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) langar sewadar accidentally fell into container full of boiling water in the kitchen of the Guru Ram Das Langar Hall at Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple) on Monday.

The victim,  Charanjit Singh, 50, of Chattiwind locality working as langari (cook) in the kitchen, received 70 percent burn injuries. While stirring ‘kheer’ on a furnace, Charanjit observed some impure particles of sugar on the surface. When he tried to take out the particles, he lost his balance and fell in the big vessal (karaha).

SGPC staff and devotees in the vicinity pulled him out of the container immediately but he was scalded and suffered 70% burns.

He was rushed to the SGPC-run Guru Ram Das Charitable Hospital.

“Charanjit’s condition is said to be critical. He is in the Intensive Care Unit. The next 24 hours are critical for him as there are chances of infection. We are making efforts to provide him the best treatment. Kirpal Singh Badungar, SGPC president, has announced free treatment for him,” said Sulakhan Singh, Manager, Darbar Sahib.

FULL NEWS - http://singhstation.net/2017/07/harmandir-sahib-langar-sewadar-accidentally-falls-boiling-vessal/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

latest SIngh ji is recovering despite bleak prognosis given by doctors due to 60-70% burns ... miraculous is the word being bandied about

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Good God. I hope he somehow recovers.

reminds me of that young boy who fell into the dhal pateela in Goodmayes Gurdwara a few vaisakhis back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

reminds me of that young boy who fell into the dhal pateela in Goodmayes Gurdwara a few vaisakhis back 

Did he make it out alive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I got told by local sangat was he was visiting for the festivities from elsewhere , and as is typical no one was keeping an eye on, parents in darbar hall and he went downstairs for a wander , playing in the kitchen the pateela was on the floor. 

anyways they made quite a few mistakes they put cold cold water on him, then tried stripping his clothes off , which took off his skin also . He was admitted to hospital and was touch and go then he was transferred closer to home not sure after that ...

Edited by jkvlondon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×