I was a misogynist so the misogynistic nature in me carried on until I started dating

I always thought I was smarter and better than any of my female classmates. They came into my life at the age of puberty, after I had been in an all boys school my whole primary schooling life. They were considered alien initially, but soon they became competitors and we (my school mates and myself) couldn’t handle losing to them. It wasn’t blatant, but we never thought of them equals, let alone superior, than us in school.

I was brought up in a traditional family model. My mom was a housewife, proud of keeping her home in wonderful condition, and chastised food not cooked at home. My father was the more intellectual one, confident and proud of his achievements, contrasting with the quiet nature of my mother who never progressed her studies after secondary school. She was dutiful, loyal and obedient. And their marriage never faltered. My childhood had very little to cry about, I was always taken care of and was happy.

It was with this canvass that I naturally and slowly, but surely, became the image of my father, confident and proud. And that my would-be partner or wife would be somewhat in the image of Mom, quiet and dutiful.

Read full article

https://asiasamachar.com/2017/07/01/my-evolution-from-being-a-misogynist/

Paaji, you had the best parents and you're being best too. Unfortunately me and my sister have a toxic relationship with our mum. ALL our life. Today we are who we are because of our mother, way she treated us. I would go more in depth but it was verbal abuse (not physical) and we never got from her encouragement only criticisms.

ਸਲੋਕ ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦ ਕ - ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦ ਜੀ - ਅੰਗ ੧੩੮੧ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ)

Salok Fareed Jee - Bhagat Sheikh Fareed Ji - Ang 1381 (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji)

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਬੁਰੇ ਦਾ ਭਲਾ ਕਰਿ ਗੁਸਾ ਮਨਿ ਨ ਹਢਾਇ ॥

Fareed, answer evil with goodness; do not fill your mind with anger.

ਦੇਹੀ ਰੋਗੁ ਨ ਲਗਈ ਪਲੈ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਇ ॥੭੮॥

Your body shall not suffer from any disease, and you shall obtain everything. ||78||