Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj darshan

Guest Dasan das

On 04/07/2017 at 0:39 PM, Guest Singh said:

I am waiting for the next amrit sanchar. I live in brampton ontario. Gta area. Thanks for advice.

Vaheguru thank you. With guru sahibs help I have been holding this amritvela for past 5 or 6 months. However, I gradually woke up earlier and earlier. I started by waking up at 3 or 4 but now it is at 11 or 12 pm within the past month with maharajs help. My parents  say I am unpractical and should wake up later. 

I am not shashterdhari and I have not learned gatka yet. So I guess I will learn gatka to become worthy of having shashtars and then I will always carry shashtars

Also I only take amrit within the past month

Also  I will add dasam granth bani to my nitnem. How long does it take to read all of dasam Granth bani btw and which banis are in dasam granth. Also do I  do these banis everyday for example - in number 7 with 101 tav prasade path is that in one sitting, Within oneday or for everyday as in nitnem. Also where can I read dasam granth banis on internet. Thanks for your help.

bro , if you had amrit how are you not shastardhari , you should be keeping your Sri Sahib ang sang ? 

4 hours ago, Guest Guest guest said:

Yeah let's just keep reciting gurbani without trying to understand it... because apparently that's the key to getting the darshan all gursikhs strive for.. Sooner or later this Singh will get discouraged even more. Wonder if you yourself has gotten a "Steel body" by simply doing ratta.

bhul chuk muaf

Gurbani cleans the indrian and the mind whether you understand or not , then the gian gets pargat , otherwise how can it save people who have no knowledge? 

Question like this prove that we're so lost with the original sikh values and sikh teachings.

The fact is sikh guru never left earth. Guru is always with us, earlier it was in form of a human body , aka Guru Gobind Singh ji. 

Its just that now its in the Guru Granth sahib.

Guru Nanak was asked by siddhs "Who is your guru ? whose chela are you ?" . Guru sahib replied "Shabd guru , surt dhun chela"

Guru Gobind Singh ji never left us. His spirit resides in the granth and his body is in his panth.

I know this answer might not be emotionally satisfying, but if you have doubt in your mind and do ardas with true heart in front of Guru Granth sahib, you will always get answers. I say this from my personal experience.

So what if you even have darshan of physical roop of Guru Gobind Singh ji ? You think their enemies never saw them ? You think Guru Nanak was never seen by Babur who jailed them , or people in baghdad who picked up stones to stone him? Seeing Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind people were still stone-hearted , but those who listened to them, they were blissed. 

"Guru is not a subject of sight. It's a subject of hearing" ~ Maskeen ji 

Guru Gobind Singh ji is in Jaap sahib, in Akal ustat, in chaupai sahib. 

Read him, rather than trying to see him, try to listen to him. And from those words , you will get an idea of what great personality Guru Gobind Singh ji were

Guest Guest Guest
9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Gurbani cleans the indrian and the mind whether you understand or not , then the gian gets pargat , otherwise how can it save people who have no knowledge? 

The answer IMO is it can't, unless they try to understand what guru sahib tells them, there are many Singhs who "read" about Nitnem, yet don't retain any of it, and then go off to do things that are manmat.. are you telling me that they will have guru sahibs blessing for just skimming words, vs someone who applies those words in there rehni-behni-sehni? Let's suppose this person who applies Mahraj's shabad doesn't do as much as nitnem as the one in the example before him.. who do you think will make Bapu ji proud Rattay vale or Samj vale

bhul chuk muaf

Guest manukh
13 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I'm afraid you too, have the wrong understanding.  The mind is cleansed by single center focusing. Mann and chit have to be jog on single name of lord.     It is not by parroting paaths.      Rehat is followed for self discipline. Discipline is for mind. It starts from outward and goes to within. Gurbani and simran are done so that one may eventually hear the Shabad Guru. This is NOT the same as Guru Shabad,-which are akhar that you read. Shabad guru is only heard, and you listen to the dhun. It has to be felt and experienced.  Darshan can happen  before shabad is pargat if guru is guiding or reassuring you. I had Guru Gobind Singh darshan before i heard shabad dhunh. Guru encouraged me to continue with my practice because i was unsteady and unsure at the time.  After that, bigger things and experiences occur including many dristee darshan events.

I dont think you are aware that shabad guru is not the same as guru shabad.

13 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Guru Nanak was asked by siddhs "Who is your guru ? whose chela are you ?" . Guru sahib replied "Shabd guru , surt dhun chela"

Not too sure if you are aware what shabad-guru actually is and what dhun chella actually means.  It is the amrit bani, or the shabad dhun. It is only heard by those that have practiced simran whilst reading gurbani.  It is anhad or "unstruck melody".  I would be a fool if i even attempted to describe it, but those that can connect to it, will be aware of what i'm trying to say. There's one or two strong abyassi singhs on the forum that may back up and better explain what i'm trying to say. I know they don't post often, but they can also tell you about the giaann that comes from simran and gurbani alone, and not from kathas or texts.  It's a shame that sikhs don;t even attempt a few minutes of abyaas on top of nitnem.  I even came across a singh that actually believed all gurbani quotes about gurmukh were about him because he was amritdhari. He beoeieved that taking bhattey amrit made us both gurmukhs immediately. I spent days trying to explain that we were both manmuks and that we had to keep working with rehat and simran to become gurmukhs.  

• 6 months later...

Hlo

Guru ji is in shabad form

So u have to attach urself to shabad vaheguru but if u have some desire even to achieve god or achieve moksh u will not merge into naam properly

Just naaaaam then u realize guruji is always in front of u just u close ur eyes in the desire to see him

We want to have “darshan” of Guru Ji. What do we think Guru Ji is? We always focus on some physical body of Guru Ji, that we want 10th Guru Ji to just magically appear in front of us.

This is not what Sikhi is about. Sikhi is about first doing darshan of yourself. Have we ever done darshan of ourself according to teaching of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? Man tu jot saroop hai. 

Goal of sitting in bhagati is to take surat (mental state of being) higher than body to  your aatma (soul) through gur-shabad. Shabad guru surat dhun chela.

Our surat or consciousness is so engrossed in our human body, that we think this is all I am. I am this tiny human being on earth, and Guru Ji should just appear out of nowhere to give me darshan.

When surat or consciousness reaches soul, thats when mind is capable of experiencing darshan as the presence of God everywhere, inside and outside this temporary human body. Sab gobind hai sab gobind hai - this is true darshan of satguru ji

Am not saying Guru Ji can’t give physical darshan, they can if they wish. Those rare people who experience this have immense bhagati from many lives. Bhagat Dhana Ji got physical darshan after 1,100 lives of bhagati.

Our aim should be nirgurn darshan rather than sargun (physical) darshan. Sargun darshan is amazing feeling, but it had pain also because it cannot last forever and must end at some point. Nirgun (all present God) darshan is pure anand, it never ends.

this is a beautiful journey, good luck. Don’t ever think Guru Ji is angry you fell short of do x or y rehat. Guru Ji’s love for you is unconditional 

• 3 months later...
Guest Mandeep Singh
On 1/14/2018 at 4:25 PM, Guest Gupat said:

We want to have “darshan” of Guru Ji. What do we think Guru Ji is? We always focus on some physical body of Guru Ji, that we want 10th Guru Ji to just magically appear in front of us.

This is not what Sikhi is about. Sikhi is about first doing darshan of yourself. Have we ever done darshan of ourself according to teaching of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? Man tu jot saroop hai. 

Goal of sitting in bhagati is to take surat (mental state of being) higher than body to  your aatma (soul) through gur-shabad. Shabad guru surat dhun chela.

Our surat or consciousness is so engrossed in our human body, that we think this is all I am. I am this tiny human being on earth, and Guru Ji should just appear out of nowhere to give me darshan.

When surat or consciousness reaches soul, thats when mind is capable of experiencing darshan as the presence of God everywhere, inside and outside this temporary human body. Sab gobind hai sab gobind hai - this is true darshan of satguru ji

Am not saying Guru Ji can’t give physical darshan, they can if they wish. Those rare people who experience this have immense bhagati from many lives. Bhagat Dhana Ji got physical darshan after 1,100 lives of bhagati.

Our aim should be nirgurn darshan rather than sargun (physical) darshan. Sargun darshan is amazing feeling, but it had pain also because it cannot last forever and must end at some point. Nirgun (all present God) darshan is pure anand, it never ends.

this is a beautiful journey, good luck. Don’t ever think Guru Ji is angry you fell short of do x or y rehat. Guru Ji’s love for you is unconditional 

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 8 months later...

I am amused with all the answers...though I never post anything...but I came across this forum by accident...maybe to guide you With Guru Saheb hukum.... the answer is for that person who wants to have real darshan of any of our ten gurus...because jot is same...including sri guru granth saheb...answer is saach kahon sun leyo sabey  jin prem kiyo tinhi prabh payo .bhagat dhana ji, Namdev ji, Kabir ji, or any bhagat including you who wants to have real darshan should have nirmal man.  Tan and should see God in each living being be it animal or human. Should love him like you love your parents or kids....Prema bhakti..... Then do simran with shudh man...doing simran dont expect anything but keep on doing regularly...you will in time hv darshan of guru saheban the one you wish for...finally one thing...dont seek answers from humans...bani answers all your questions...don't do ratafication but do vichaar when you read...then darshan hi darshan ? mind you Guru Gobind Singh ji only gives darshan to shudh hridey with prem n vairag...