singhbj singh

“Rather than donating money for construction of religious places, I believe people should come forward and donate money for causes that serve humanity,”

I hope that with SP Singh's good will they will leave the bad habits that got them in the mess in first place. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• Exactly. Oh, so it's not a made-up saakhi? Even if it were, it would be good. It sounds vaguely like the saakhi of Bhai Banno. I agree that it is unreasonable to demand discounts of shopkeepers because "it's for a religious purpose". They can't verify that. You're trading on your long beard to make the other guy think you're "religious". You're just setting it up for unscrupulous people with beards to come by and abuse it, which then gets found out, and then people lose faith in Sikhs and Sikhi. On the other hand, it would be OK for a gurdwara to put out the call for construction materials, legal services, accounting services, medical services (free medical camps). Then people can verify it's for a religious purpose because they're giving directly to the gurdwara. And then sawmill owners can drop off wood at the gurdwara, marble showroom owners can drop off marble, etc. Or people in fields not in demand can buy the stuff (possibly at cost) and have it delivered to the gurdwara.
    • Ye bro it's possible it also depends on one's dedication though because we think its an easy task but then we may stop mid way.. But ye JUST DO IT!
    • WAIT! Guru Nanak's prakash (birth) wasn't 13 November?? MAAAANZ looks like every single Sikh get Nagar Keertan underway in Nov/ Oct time AND Nishaan Sahib seva on 13 November for "wrong" reasons!
    • Pardon for cheesy title. But all the Sikh saints in history, they just did it! Sangat, Simran, Seva. Now, online I read that a Brahmgiani's bachan, "Whoever does 25 Japji Sahibs a day, that person's affairs will be met. Am sure you all can hazard a guess why I titled this post like I did... "Do 1 Japji Sahib with sharda a day..." If you have the time do 25! "But yeah, quality is important-" JUST DO IT! Do 25 then shardha/ concentration will increase. So will speed! 25 is achievable in 2.5 hours. One hour early morning then an hour shaam time. 30 mins spare time. Give it a go, start with 5 day then increase. Two weeks should be between 12 - 15 thas more than half way! In order to feel wha the saints felt, cut down on bad karma JUST DO IT! apart from internet, what's stopping you?