do people still get disowned?

puzzled

Disowned kind of interesting. Are you sure it is not you felt you were treated like a black sheep and your mind decided to do away with the family. You can not push anyone to love you including your parents. You are not disowned by the lord. I used to think about disowned now I have over came it. Power of Guru Jee is still with me. Guru Jee wakes me up at 3 o'clock and asks me to sing Asa Kee War or Jap Jee sahib on Vaja or Tabla. I certainly don't feel disowned. I do however claim to be more of a white person from my inside rather that the color of my skin, Just to fight my pain. We fall so many times but Guru Jee picks us up and we rise again.

On 6/18/2018 at 12:06 PM, Guest Kaur said:

I’ve been disowned few years back when I was in my late 30’s. My mother has always from heart never loved me, few relatives from my mums side told me how she reacted when I was born and ever since has neglected and I have felt she has treated me very harshly from my other siblings. I didn’t have the best of childhood but still see the positive side to it. My mum has always been blaming me for things when things weren’t going right in the family. I’ve always tried to be there for them when they’ve needed me but I’ve been treated like an option all the time. When I had my daughter she was reluctant to help always moaning about why can’t someone else help I.e my husbands family which they did but nothing was never enough. She even wanted money off me for looking after my kids if I left them at her house when I went to work and this never happened with my other siblings. In the end I gave up work. A lot has happened overtime and it started getting bad where we decided to stop talking. I knew she hated me but she took that out on my kids and husband too. Cut a long story short she still to this day tells my siblings to have nothing to do with me. 

sorry to hear that! its socking when you hear about mother treating her own child like that 

On 6/18/2018 at 11:06 AM, Guest Kaur said:

I’ve been disowned few years back when I was in my late 30’s. My mother has always from heart never loved me, few relatives from my mums side told me how she reacted when I was born and ever since has neglected and I have felt she has treated me very harshly from my other siblings. I didn’t have the best of childhood but still see the positive side to it. My mum has always been blaming me for things when things weren’t going right in the family. I’ve always tried to be there for them when they’ve needed me but I’ve been treated like an option all the time. When I had my daughter she was reluctant to help always moaning about why can’t someone else help I.e my husbands family which they did but nothing was never enough. She even wanted money off me for looking after my kids if I left them at her house when I went to work and this never happened with my other siblings. In the end I gave up work. A lot has happened overtime and it started getting bad where we decided to stop talking. I knew she hated me but she took that out on my kids and husband too. Cut a long story short she still to this day tells my siblings to have nothing to do with me. 

one question was it because you were a girl or was something else going on at the time in the family?

17 hours ago, puzzled said:

sorry to hear that! its socking when you hear about mother treating her own child like that 

Unfortunately It’s the sad truth, even when I reflect on it I find it hard to comprehend as to how some people can be so heartless 

17 hours ago, puzzled said:

@jkvlondonThat’s part of it, my mum already had the perfect daughter before I came so she really wanted a boy! But when I was born I think what hit my mum the most was me being female and not being a beautiful looking baby as my older sister was. 

On 6/18/2018 at 11:02 PM, Guest ABC said:

Disowned kind of interesting. Are you sure it is not you felt you were treated like a black sheep and your mind decided to do away with the family. You can not push anyone to love you including your parents. You are not disowned by the lord. I used to think about disowned now I have over came it. Power of Guru Jee is still with me. Guru Jee wakes me up at 3 o'clock and asks me to sing Asa Kee War or Jap Jee sahib on Vaja or Tabla. I certainly don't feel disowned. I do however claim to be more of a white person from my inside rather that the color of my skin, Just to fight my pain. We fall so many times but Guru Jee picks us up and we rise again.

Totally agree with you we are never disowned by Waheguru, he is our saviour ?? I have full faith in Waheguru but o also believe whatever happens throughout life to each of us there is a reason behind it

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

"Do people still get disowned ?"

Yes they do. I know the Indian High Commission used to insist Indians in UK  put an advert in the newspaper if you wanted to disown a family member and I'm pretty sure you will still find such adverts in Des Pardes every now and again. Basically, it's similar to a divorce. On its own it has no legal basis but it helps to solidify claims and counter-claims when it comes to property and inheritance etc. Basically then, it demonstrates intent should any  legal argument arise down the road.