Someone has started a petition for Allowing Sikh Women to Administer Amrit Sanchar

On 01/07/2017 at 0:14 PM, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

While I don't really care who gives Amrit or not, where do we stop on trying to keep the tradition identical to the original 5? Why at sex? Why don't we also make sure the 5 have to be from the same areas the original 5 were from? Same profession? Etc

guru gobind singh ji called himself Singh and not Guru Gobind Rai or kaur after taking amrit.  Singh signifies male amritdharis.  Kaur signifies women amritdharis.  So guru sahib kept gender intact after taking Amrit.  Taking out rai signifies taking birth lineage out.  So it does not matter what color caste or ethnicity the person is.  Also people with missing limbs are not to be part of the punj pyare.  If we would go by your understanding, this will make Guru Sahib as a person who discriminates against those who are missing limbs.  Everyone has been given the opportunity to obtain Naam.  Punj pyare are for only Singhs, not men.  Kaur are not singhs and singhs are not kaurs.  This distinction was created by Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji.   

2 hours ago, silverSingh said:

Women SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED IN THE PANJ PIYARES ever. Let's keep the Rehat as our BELOVED GURU SAHIBAN JI INTENDED IT. Women should not be allowed to do AMRIT PAAN EITHER, 'COS they soil everything they touch with thier filthy dirty minds. They should be banned from entering the gurughars too, 'cos they only come there to show off their trendy clothes, hairstyles and tarty make up ie bright lipsticks, and red cheeks and lots of powder too. Yakkkkkkkkkkk Too ugly to attend the gurdwarra sahib ji. And they stink of cheap perfumes too.

?

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, silverSingh said:

Women SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED IN THE PANJ PIYARES ever. Let's keep the Rehat as our BELOVED GURU SAHIBAN JI INTENDED IT. Women should not be allowed to do AMRIT PAAN EITHER, 'COS they soil everything they touch with thier filthy dirty minds. They should be banned from entering the gurughars too, 'cos they only come there to show off their trendy clothes, hairstyles and tarty make up ie bright lipsticks, and red cheeks and lots of powder too. Yakkkkkkkkkkk Too ugly to attend the gurdwarra sahib ji. And they stink of cheap perfumes too.

Please remember what Guru Amar Daas ji taught, "Men should learn to control where they look, not women cover themselves." There's only one way men kno wha women wear/ smell of... By being close n inspecting them.

2 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Please remember what Guru Amar Daas ji taught, "Men should learn to control where they look, not women cover themselves." There's only one way men kno wha women wear/ smell of... By being close n inspecting them.

Guru Amardas ji told women not to cover themselves?  No where in history has anything like this occurred.  Guru Sahib told them not to come to him with their face covered as some Muslim women do it around men not of their immediate family.  

10 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

ok, men will now start wearing a mask over their face, followed bye a full veil covering the whole body. then we cannot smell the perfumes. This perfumes give me hayfever and ithcy eyecs, men's perfumes too :(

I remember listening to some Katha about this so I thought i'd share. 

Basically it was saying that the man and women are balanced like ying and yang etc. The women gives birth to man, and man give birth via Amrit. 

I heard that and that made sense to me.

Phul Chuk Maff

We're all brides in the eyes of the guru aren't we? It's doesn't sit well when you say that women/men can't do things in Sikhi. When people talk of women give birth men don't ...well that's biology isn't it? Does biology affect your ability to join with the guru? This further extends to areas where women can't sit in darbar sahib etc. We point out the hypocracy in other religions when they say that people can't participate in the faith because of gender , class etc but we have some questionable 'practices' ourselves. We have many issues bigger than this in panthe but there are inconsistencies, which we shouldn't overlook. Those who say that 5 men stood up to guru Ji's call also need to think about the historical context of women at the time, as even Mai bhago had to challenge the status quo to fight alongside men, which is why she is so revered as an example to our women. The3ho Sikhs include women in the panj pyaare , but then they also have their inconsistencies. To summarise our form in this life is a shell (like a spacesuit) inside we are either moving towards the guru or not and that's the main thing isn't it? From experience I know of some people who have been one of 'panj pyaare' and they have questionable views / actions which are not consistent with guru's teachings. The outside form is deceptive in this life.

True seeker must consider Gurbani to be superior to any Rehat, Jatha & Religious Leader.

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਆ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਆ ॥

I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar, given by the True Guru.

ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਾ ਦੂਆ ਤੀਆ ॥

I do not know any other second or third.

ਏਕੋ ਏਕੁ ਸੁ ਅਪਰ ਪਰੰਪਰੁ ਪਰਖਿ ਖਜਾਨੈ ਪਾਇਦਾ ॥੧੨॥

He is the One, Unique, Infinite and Endless Lord; He evaluates all beings and places some in His treasury. ||12||

https://gurbaninow.com/shabad/3747/44037

ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਸੋ ਸਭਨਾ ਕਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਹੋਰ ਕੇਤੀ ਝਖਿ ਝਖਿ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਵੈ ॥੧੭॥

One who is dear to the Lord, is dear to all; so many others come and go in vain. ||17||

https://gurbaninow.com/shabad/2130/24425

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, imhosingh said:

We're all brides in the eyes of the guru aren't we? It's doesn't sit well when you say that women/men can't do things in Sikhi. When people talk of women give birth men don't ...well that's biology isn't it? Does biology affect your ability to join with the guru? This further extends to areas where women can't sit in darbar sahib etc. We point out the hypocracy in other religions when they say that people can't participate in the faith because of gender , class etc but we have some questionable 'practices' ourselves. We have many issues bigger than this in panthe but there are inconsistencies, which we shouldn't overlook. Those who say that 5 men stood up to guru Ji's call also need to think about the historical context of women at the time, as even Mai bhago had to challenge the status quo to fight alongside men, which is why she is so revered as an example to our women. The3ho Sikhs include women in the panj pyaare , but then they also have their inconsistencies. To summarise our form in this life is a shell (like a spacesuit) inside we are either moving towards the guru or not and that's the main thing isn't it? From experience I know of some people who have been one of 'panj pyaare' and they have questionable views / actions which are not consistent with guru's teachings. The outside form is deceptive in this life.

Excellent views but tradition is tradition. Move away from 1 tradition then tomorrow we'll see it fit to move away from more traditions; "Why we keep beard? Let's trim that at least. Apart from wine/ whisky let's drink beer as it no/ low alcohol." I wonder what else will be seen as ok to do?