Why is Sikhsangat.com a success ?

4 hours ago, silverSingh said:

Sikhsangat.com is a success, because it consists of members that are intelligent,  enlightened, scholars and academics, brahmgiyyanies, kirtanees, young, old, middle aged and toddlers, muscians, mathematicians, tourists and PRs and many more nice and gentle people from all over the world such as India, Somalia, Egypt, Phillipynes, Malaysia, Canada, America, Italy and Luxemburgh.  They all post nice, people friendly posts packed with high calibre knowledge and information.

now I agree with everything else but where can I find these Brahmgyanis on this forum. 

49 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

This forum doesn't have a hidden agenda like the other forums! And is designed for Sikh sangat as a whole.

This forum has changed a lot over the last few years (for the better). Whatever people might think now, it used to be infinitely more narrow minded and prone to hardcore censoring of alternate views. This has changed and I can only put it down to more visionary admin. The opposite seems to have happened with SA, which used to be the most uncensored forum and full of people who'd actually made efforts to read historical texts, but after admin changes changed to a more censor based approach. 

Let's be frank, forums have their markets, SPN is geared towards pacifist, kum baa yaa malord, PC type Sikhs, Sikhnet is geared towards white Sikhs (although some of their stuff is good for others to read), Sikhchic caters to US SIkhs who have a very leftist pacifist PC worldview, other forums have catered to specific groups like AKJ. SS users seem to be majority Panjabi Sikhs (even if diasporic), which form the biggest numbers. SS has survived because it adapted. 

Strikes a good balance between being informative and being entertaining. I put it down to the diversity of members, which isn't really the case with the other forums. 

And the comparative lack of censorship. Ten minutes on the Sikhnet message boards are enough to make me feel like I've been living in North Korea my entire life. 

8 minutes ago, Balkaar said:

Ten minutes on the Sikhnet message boards are enough to make me feel like I've been living in North Korea my entire life. 

Sikhnet once introduced realtime updates just like SS but due to indecent behaviour of few members they reverted back to mod approval system.

Sikhnet team is out of sync when it comes to Interactivity.

2 hours ago, Destruction said:

For me sikhawareness is a great forum, the amount of knowledge on those topics, real discussion and not a debate with limitations of what you can say.

I think that forum was well ahead of its time. As good as this forum has got (compared to the past), you'd still not get all the textual analysis you got on SA - and the amount of people it inspired to look at texts and share findings and translate stuff says it all. Let's be real, that was down to N30. 

16 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Sikhnet once introduced realtime updates just like SS but due to indecent behaviour of few members they reverted back to mod approval system.

Sikhnet team is out of sync when it comes to Interactivity.

That forum will never be a place for meaningful discussions (as far as Sikh issues are concerned, meaningful usually coincides with 'controversial', hence the censorship) if they're not willing to extend almost total openness to their forum users. Ofc this'll mean some 'indecent behaviour' every now and then, but if someone wants to dig for gold they're always going to have to dig through mitee too. 

8 minutes ago, Balkaar said:

That forum will never be a place for meaningful discussions (as far as Sikh issues are concerned, meaningful usually coincides with 'controversial', hence the censorship) if they're not willing to extend almost total openness to their forum users. Ofc this'll mean some 'indecent behaviour' every now and then, but if someone wants to dig for gold they're always going to have to dig through mitee too. 

Couple of years back management tried to sideline the forum by introducing 

http://answers.sikhnet.com/questions/

Coz moderators weren't one of them.

Maybe there was a power tussle who knows.

Now it's similar state as being archived.

4 hours ago, Destruction said:

For me sikhawareness is a great forum, the amount of knowledge on those topics, real discussion and not a debate with limitations of what you can say.

I swear everyone who says this while bashing other sites comes off as a pretentious hipster who only dines at the most organic and most raw vegan lettuce restaurants. 

Both are good